Which mens doubles team should ITA send for Olympics

Cricketics

Which mens doubles team should ITA send for Olympics  

1. 1.

• First team - Bhupathi/Bopanna 2nd team - Paes/Somdev
    • First team - Paes/Bhupathi, 2nd team - Bopanna/Somdev
    • First team - Bhupathi/Bopanna , 2nd team - Paes - Bhambri

Okay so here is a pretty interesting screnario for India in mens doubles. Bhupathi-Paes have offcourse split again. Leander is ranked already in top 10. According to the Olympics rule, if any player is ranked under in top ten in the world, his country can chose to send 2 teams for the event. So which 2 teams you would like to see for the olympics. We have Leander/Bhupathi who just don't want to play with each other I guess. We have Bhupathi/Bopanna - Who have started to gell and do well together. They always wanted to play together and I guess they see each other as partners. If ITA sends Bhupathi/Bopanna as first team, Leander can take any other partner from India. So Leander can take Somdev Devarman or Yuki Bhambri with him as India's 2nd team in mens doubles event. Which pairs would you like to see in Olympics??

I don't follow doubles that much' date=' but I guess Bambri would make a better pair with Paes :hmmm:[/quote'] Thing is Bhambri is still not exposed to great games. He's definitely the future and rising up day by day, but they haven't really played together. SOmdev though has played tennis at top level. He did really well with his fellow University of Virginia team mate Treat Huey in recent US Open. They eventually lost to Paes/Bhupathi in pre quaters. I have high hope from Somdev/Paes pair.

Thing is Bhambri is still not exposed to great games. He's definitely the future and rising up day by day, but they haven't really played together. SOmdev though has played tennis at top level. He did really well with his fellow University of Virginia team mate Treat Huey in recent US Open. They eventually lost to Paes/Bhupathi in pre quaters. I have high hope from Somdev/Paes pair.
:nice: These could make a team - 1. Bryan bros 2. Nadal/M.Lopez 3. Petzschner/Chris Kas 4. Schwank-Nalbandian/Chela/Berlocq 5. Fed/Wawrinka 6. Llodra-Mahut/Monfils/Tsonga 7. Fyrstenberg/Matkowski 8. Melzer/Peya 9. Stepanek/Cermak 10. Zimonjic-Janko/Troicki/Djoker 11. Nestor/Raonic I guess Nadal/Lopez will be the dark horses, much like Fed/Wawrinka last time. The Spanish pair has been in red hot form lately. But the good thing is, the tournament will be played on Grass and most of these teams could be found wanting, if they don't have prior experience of playing with one another for a long time. My prediction: Bryan bros, Polish pair (Matko/Fyrs), Bhupathi/Bopanna, Nadal/Lopez will make the final four :om:

Matko/Frysterberg have sort of choked most of the time, but I can tell you, they are really really good. Another tough team which can be a real deal of a pair is Djokovic/Troiciki. Also Tsonga/Bennateau
But will they be offered spots? I read that the first 24 teams qualify automatically and the rest 8 teams are chosen by the ITF.

But will they be offered spots? I read that the first 24 teams qualify automatically and the rest 8 teams are chosen by the ITF.
Ya, it's still confusing. If they manage to play some tournament and went ot to reach quaters and have enough points, they might qualify. It's lot of calculation all together.