Dravid...in the league of his own

he is just one win away from a historic series victory over england ..he has already won a series in WI.. he has shown in this test match that when the team performs..a captian more often than not come out as victorious.. he had a mediocre series so far as batsman by his very high standards.. still his team is 1-0 in the series... he has been a very good captain and leader... and as long as his team will keep giving these performances..we will keep winning matches after matches.. PS: bheembhai ..can you please produce the stats for win/loss ratio of indian captains..excluding minnows..( BD, ZIM) in Tests and ODIs.. this will show a real picture of the winnigewst captain... lets settle this issue once and for all..

I think he extended his captaincy career with this win. If he loses the next test also, a series levelled in Eng is quite an achievement for a Indian captain, will continue to stay on for home series against Pak. I think a series failure in Eng, would have resulted in people asking for head and organs in India. Sort of like Ganguly in 2004 after a Aus series draw.

Bumps you are right Dravid is indeed the best overseas :D :yay:
Thank you, great stats. You made my day. From now on, I would shove this one up, everyone's a$$ who claims Dravid is a poor captain. Interestingly both on W/L (1.25) and (W+D)/Total played (ie, Proportion of overseas tests not lost), Dravid leads the table. (W+D)/Played = 75% for Dravid, compared to 64% of Ganguly's :thumbs_up:

^^ Good to hear it was not my Alzheimer then. No probs with including every test team there. It was hard work as it is, plus nice to see the record of all the skippers of India at one place. I daresay if you exclude minnows Dravid's stats would be more impressive. Under him we havent lost an overseas series(have we?). We have won in WI, drew in South Africa and seems to be heading towards atleast a draw if not win in this one.

^^ Good to hear it was not my Alzheimer then. No probs with including every test team there. It was hard work as it is, plus nice to see the record of all the skippers of India at one place. I daresay if you exclude minnows Dravid's stats would be more impressive. Under him we havent lost an overseas series(have we?). We have won in WI, drew in South Africa and seems to be heading towards atleast a draw if not win in this one.
We lost the series in SA & Pakistan