India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

Proving his fitness? It is not the India international side my dear, it is India A. Didn't you see how Mitchell Johnson was chosen? Or Pat Cummins? Maybe, they could've make him play few club games of 2 days duration or so, like in Buchi babu. And how can you say that the highest wicket taker in spin department in Elite League of Ranjis is toothless?
Haha, just because it is India-A, anyone can jump into a side even without proving his fitness? I would even want Ranji cricketers to prove their fitness in an academy or league cricket and then join a team. I hope the Aussies have evaluated Mitchell Johnson's fitness and then taken him; and if they haven't, they've been stupid. Apanna has been toothless because of his bowling averages; 30 in Ranjis, 111 in Duleep (where he was smashed all around the park) and 56 in the Vijay Hazare Trophy (where he took 2 wickets in 3 matches and was dropped thereafter). On the other hand, Darekar took 12 wickets (in 5 matches) at an average of 19 in the Vijay Hazare Trophy as well :giggle: Remember, both Duleep and Vijay Hazare Trophy do not have the 'Plate' or 'Elite' thingie. The fact is, Appana's overall career average (in 2 seasons) is an ordinary 32+ which means he'd never had a good year. Darekar towers over him not only in Ranji stats, but also the other forms of cricket which were a level playing field this year. And going by your Plate/Elite argument, you'd probably want someone like Sudhindra to be selected ahead of Aaron just because he plays in the Elite League.
On which tour will he play one day matches? Because this tour doesn't have any' date=' I'm sorry![/quote'] You are probably not aware of the fixtures at all. For your information: Date Activity Venue 2-5 June 4 Day Match vs West Indies 'A' Kensington Oval 9-12 June 4 Day Match vs West Indies 'A' Arnos Vale 16-19 June 4 Day Match vs West Indies 'A' Beausejour 23-June T20 Match vs West Indies "A" Queens Park Oval 24-June T20 Match vs West Indies "A" Queens Park Oval 27-June One Day Match vs West Indies "A" GNS 29-June One Day Match vs West Indies "A" GNS 1-July One Day Match vs West Indies "A" GNS
Bowled a couple of good spells in that single Test against WI.
Agree, but still a long way to go. I like the kind of length he bowls and is quite accurate which will help him whenever conditions are helpful for seamers. Dont know on what basis Dhoni and co. called him wayward in England. He has been more accurate than PK since then who bowls at 125K.
Agree, but still a long way to go. I like the kind of length he bowls and is quite accurate which will help him whenever conditions are helpful for seamers. Dont know on what basis Dhoni and co. called him wayward in England. He has been more accurate than PK since then who bowls at 125K.
All Indian bowlers have a long way to go. Including Ishant. :giggle:
But the problem is that he's gone longer in terms of test matches played then in terms of wickets taken :winky:
He will turn it around. Most fast bowlers make their debuts at this age. he already has over 140 wickets. B pozitive.:two_thumbs_up:

arron is not wayward at all maybe he improved his bowling don know how u people judge them i think aaron will do well in tests his natural length is suited to it he has pace and when u can attack with controlled pace there is nothing like it and itsn otl ike he does nothing with ball seen him reverse swing and in this ipl move the ball when condition were favorable and also he gets lots of carry and bounce

arron is not wayward at all maybe he improved his bowling don know how u people judge them i think aaron will do well in tests his natural length is suited to it he has pace and when u can attack with controlled pace there is nothing like it and itsn otl ike he does nothing with ball seen him reverse swing and in this ipl move the ball when condition were favorable and also he gets lots of carry and bounce
Pace alone wont bring many wickets. It is the movement of the seam. It is needed to be seen if he can get the ball to move in tests from good length.
I just like the look of Awana. He did swing it yesterday when got a chance. RKT, Any particular issues you see with Awana wrt his bowling action and body?
His run up is a bit all over the place. Needs to run in a straight line and his alignment of action can be refined a bit more. It does not take the momentum forward. Awana tries to imitate Brett Lee with his action. With this action, he needs to keep his body straight, some times falls to left side.
His run up is a bit all over the place. Needs to run in a straight line and his alignment of action can be refined a bit more. It does not take the momentum forward. Awana tries to imitate Brett Lee with his action. With this action' date=' he needs to keep his body straight, some times falls to left side.[/quote'] I think he wants to keep himself side on rather than front on. I think he's more Balaji than Brett Lee. I wouldn't want to change much in his action if it isn't affecting any part of his body.