India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

West Indies A will host India A for three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s during the month of June. Kensington Oval in Barbados, Arnos Vale Cricket Ground in St Vincent and the Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia will stage the four-day matches, while the Twenty20s will be played at Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad and the one-dayers at the new Queen's Park in Grenada. The tour commences with the four-day match at the Kensington Oval on June 2.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/562925.html?CMP=outlook_news Excellent news. Hopefully we will see some of the younger batsmen and pacers stepping up to grab national spots for the international season starting in late July. The only problem is the absolute lack of acclimatisation time for the players. The team will reach there on 31st May and the first unofficial test starts on 2nd June. Nonetheless, a great opportunity for the India hopefuls. 1st unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Bridgetown Jun 2-5, 2012 2nd unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Kingstown Jun 9-12, 2012 3rd unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Gros Islet Jun 16-19, 2012 1st unofficial T20I: W. Indies A v India A at Port of Spain Jun 23, 2012 2nd unofficial T20I: W. Indies A v India A at Port of Spain Jun 24, 2012

SQUAD ANNOUNCED Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, RP Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bist, Akshay Darekar, Shami Ahmed I like the batting picks, bowling less so. I hope Rahane and Mukund open and not Dhawan I wish Pankaj Singh was there, as a reward for being consistent over the years. No Awana either despite his good form. Silly. RP Singh??? How has he bowled in IPL? Not had a great FC season. Is he fitter than he was in England? Good to see Darekar, and maybe Ahmed too, I know Ahmed is nippy and hence will fascinate ICFers but Pankaj and Awana have proven consistency over a few seasons. Would have taken them instead of RPS and Ahmed

Also Jalaj Saxena?? His record is ordinary, dont know a huge deal about him. Would have rather given Jadeja a try in the 4 day matches, would have been good experience for him. Also is the same squad to play one dayers and T20s... ? Shouldnt be... guys like Naman, Uthappa, S Tiwary and Menaria can/should be drafted in

This is A tour' date=' not India tour. You give chances to such players who are coming back from injury and he is a yoyngster, not RP.[/quote'] Yeah, plus there is a month or so to get him back into rhythm. I am guessing their thoughts are that he is a India senior bowler already. Not sure. That principle would hold tru for Mukund and Pujara too so cant be the case. Probably just typical selectorial inconsistnecy. In any case I would rather Awana go.
Yeah' date=' plus there is a month or so to get him back into rhythm. I am guessing their thoughts are that he is a India senior bowler already. Not sure. That principle would hold tru for Mukund and Pujara too so cant be the case. Probably just typical selectorial inconsistnecy. In any case I would rather Awana go.[/quote'] Selection of RP is as baffling as in it was in England.
SQUAD ANNOUNCED Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, RP Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bist, Akshay Darekar, Shami Ahmed I like the batting picks, bowling less so. I hope Rahane and Mukund open and not Dhawan I wish Pankaj Singh was there, as a reward for being consistent over the years. No Awana either despite his good form. Silly. RP Singh??? How has he bowled in IPL? Not had a great FC season. Is he fitter than he was in England? Good to see Darekar, and maybe Ahmed too, I know Ahmed is nippy and hence will fascinate ICFers but Pankaj and Awana have proven consistency over a few seasons. Would have taken them instead of RPS and Ahmed
Batting is good but bowling? Why can't the selectors just think of second XI for tests? Is this the second XI or second XV? They didn't include Awana, Nachim, P Singh, and spinner? Are they not thinking about grooming a single good spinner for India? Unbelievable!!
Batting is good but bowling? Why can't the selectors just think of second XI for tests? Is this the second XI or second XV? They didn't include Awana, Nachim, P Singh, and spinner? Are they not thinking about grooming a single good spinner for India? Unbelievable!!
Rahul Sharma and Akshay Darekar are there. Akshay is a good left arm spinner, taking lot of wickets in FC. Should have picked Awana and Aaron for RP and Bhuvnesh.