Sign in to follow this  
Cricketics

The US Open 2012

Well Sam has at least made it as far as the quarters. Given she's never beat Vika (indeed, never taken a set off her), her title defence will probably end here.

Well Sam has at least made it as far as the quarters. Given she's never beat Vika (indeed' date=' never taken a set off her), her title defence will probably end here.[/quote'] Well Sam went down but not without a valiant fight. There was some good hitting from her in a match which she eventually lost in third set tie-breaker.

Well Sam went down but not without a valiant fight. There was some good hitting from her in a match which she eventually lost in third set tie-breaker.
That was a close tie break which was going either way until sam hit one great shot which unfortunately hit the net and then bounced to easily allow VIKA AZArenka to make a winner of it. Then she had the match point

He played well,no doubt But Federer was too sluggish...
FEDERROR showed up...at the start of the 4th set, UE count was fed 36,berd 19 :omg: i had this feeling ,berdych was in red hot form,while fed had 5 days gap which made him rusty. though i am happy for berdych,with this form he can surely win the slam..he has defeated the remaining players in GS so that adds to the confident del pot will beat joker 2nite

^ Lets not be so presumputous that he will get past T-Berd.. though Murray is favoiurite, I think Berdych leads him 4-2 in head to head...I like Berdy as a player really exciting to watch... he will need to produce more of the same vs Murray if he wants to get past him, Murray is a better returner too than Fed so it will be tough...him beating Fed is not a huge shock the courts are quick and suit his hard hitting style...Id love for Del Pot to beat Nole, do hope his wrist is fully healed... and a Berdych Del Potro final, just for a change...Novak looks in form though so it will in all likelihood be a Nole Murray final and that could go either way

There goes my plan to see Fedrer live at the finals :(( saala itne paise kharach karke ticket kharidi and then he loses before semis:(( Hoping atleast Novak makes it to final; Murray is the last guy I want to see live- if he makes it to the final hope Novak is there too

Federer has gone down to Berdych second time in quarters of a grand slam. Earlier he had lost to Berdych in Winbledon 2010 quarters and that was first in long long time when Federer didn't reach SF of GS.

Del Potro lost in quarters to Djoko :(( He definitely has some problems with his temperament. He was well in control in second set making Djoko but then he missed an easy volley and from that point he lost confidence of coming to net and his service also deserted him. He has booming forenahd but needs to improve backhand if he has to win at top level consistently. I also have to give it to the resilience of Djoko. He played very much like Nadal (at least for the part I watched), totally defensive and from very much behind baseline.

Del Potro lost in quarters to Djoko :(( He definitely has some problems with his temperament. He was well in control in second set making Djoko but then he missed an easy volley and from that point he lost confidence of coming to net and his service also deserted him. He has booming forenahd but needs to improve backhand if he has to win at top level consistently. I also have to give it to the resilience of Djoko. He played very much like Nadal (at least for the part I watched), totally defensive and from very much behind baseline.
agree...though novak was very good on the night,turned defense into attack many times.. i also sad :((

It will be interesting if Berdych can take out Nole. We will have a new slam winner finally from otther than the big 3.
You mean take out Murray? or Ferrer take out Nole (that would be less interesting) I dont like Murray much though he definitely deserves a slam win ... yes I agree though Itd be nice to see a different slam winner, would have loved a Del P Berdy final... or if T-Berd can beat Murray and win a final vs Nole that would be great I think

You mean take out Murray? or Ferrer take out Nole (that would be less interesting) I dont like Murray much though he definitely deserves a slam win ... yes I agree though Itd be nice to see a different slam winner' date=' would have loved a Del P Berdy final... or if T-Berd can beat Murray and win a final vs Nole that would be great I think[/quote'] yes. My bad. I mixed it up. Man Ferrer has shown great fight this year. His game against Tipsarevic was an epic one lasting about 4 and half hour. Djoker after Olympicse has come out strong too. As much as I like,Nole, it will be interesting to see Ferrer stretching the game to 5th set and winning it. :--D

Berdych takes first set off Murray and if he continues like this I can see a win for him in three sets. He is in top form, full of confidence. He is making some really audacious shots, particularly crosscourt forehand bouncing just inside baseline. Murray has somhow managed to stay in game till very late in this set but he can give up soon.

Murray comes storming back in set 2 4-1 up now, dont think the wind is helping Berdych but Murray more aggressive and coming to the net a lot mroe and to good effect, very sweet drop shot a short while ago...

Berdych takes first set off Murray and if he continues like this I can see a win for him in three sets. He is in top form' date=' full of confidence. He is making some really audacious shots, particularly crosscourt forehand bouncing just inside baseline. Murray has somhow managed to stay in game till very late in this set but he can give up soon.[/quote'] :(( couldn't have been more wrong with my prediction. I went to sleep immediately after first set and in morning saw that Murray won in 4 sets...!!

I missed an EPIC because of odd timing. 1 30 AM start in India :-(. Congratulations to Murray for maiden Grand Slam title and for fending off Djoko when he was making that comeback in match from 2-0 tom 2-2. I am pretty sure that all Murray fans would have been very very nervous at the end of set 4. It's almost impossible task to deny Djokovich from such situations and even biggest guns like Nadal and Federer failed to do so. Kudos to Andy..!! There would be more down the line. PS - I heard there was a rally of 55 shots in this match and there was one with 30 shots. Can anybody post videos for those.

yeah the first SET game three or four there was a 55 shot rally which was just immense, still in terms of quality this was probably not as good as Rafa-Novak Aus O final or last years USO Final (which I didnt watch sadly) ...that was largely because of the windy conditions bringing about errors, esp in the first set...still what a match, several brutal rallies as youd expect I managed to watch first 3 sets yesterday and the start of the 4th before it got too late here in UK...and after 2 sets down I didnt see Novak coming back, more fool me for that too- this is the guy who beat Fed after being two sets down last year after all...I wanted Novak to win but happy for Murray he more than deserves it, about bloody time... good to see someone out of the big 3 get a slam too...Im glad it wasnt Wimbledon Murray won the nation would have had a collective orgasm, would have been unbearable...

yeah the first SET game three or four there was a 55 shot rally which was just immense, still in terms of quality this was probably not as good as Rafa-Novak Aus O final or last years USO Final (which I didnt watch sadly) ...that was largely because of the windy conditions bringing about errors, esp in the first set...still what a match, several brutal rallies as youd expect I managed to watch first 3 sets yesterday and the start of the 4th before it got too late here in UK...and after 2 sets down I didnt see Novak coming back, more fool me for that too- this is the guy who beat Fed after being two sets down last year after all...I wanted Novak to win but happy for Murray he more than deserves it, about bloody time... good to see someone out of the big 3 get a slam too...Im glad it wasnt Wimbledon Murray won the nation would have had a collective orgasm, would have been unbearable...
so true.. :cantstop: Now I hope Fred Parry would be disturbed much less and can rest in relative peace in his grave.

to be fair a lot of british people hate him and support whoever his opponent is. and he himself actually hates the english as a proud scot. he even wore a paraguay top when they were playing england in the football world cup a few years ago.

to be fair a lot of british people hate him and support whoever his opponent is. and he himself actually hates the english as a proud scot. he even wore a paraguay top when they were playing england in the football world cup a few years ago.
For Britishers, He is British when he wins and he is Scot when he loses.

Not any more, he is pretty popular now. A lot of haters have been converted recently. He has also toned down his hatred of the English in recent years (it blatantly still exists but his PR team have obviously told him that he will become more likeable if he does not express his anti-England sentiment). Anyway, he deserves this win, he has played some excellent tennis recently.

Not any more' date=' he is pretty popular now. A lot of haters have been converted recently. He has also toned down his hatred of the English in recent years [b'](it blatantly still exists but his PR team have obviously told him that he will become more likeable if he does not express his anti-England sentiment). Anyway, he deserves this win, he has played some excellent tennis recently.
Really?? Why do you say that?...The Wimbledon final turned things around insfoar as his imgae was concerned..that Paraguay shirt incident Im not sure if it even happened or if it rumour...anyway he was goaded by a journo and it was like 6 years ago