Sachin coming in as a runner

Cricketics

curious to know how many times sachin came in as a runner for someone.. .. share if u remember any game seeing this happen.. just now was watching India vs nz game of 2003 tri series.. noticed tendulkar came in as a runner for Ganguly.. games u have seen this happening??? just want to see how many times tendulkar came in as a runner for someone..

curious to know how many times has sachin came as a runner for someone.. .. share if u remember any game seeing this happen.. just now was watching India vs nz game of 2003 tri series.. noticed tendulkar came in as a runner for Ganguly.. games u have seen this happening???
Really ? Dont lie C'tics. :D Senior players seldom come out as runners.
I have zilch memory of that happening. I still cant believe Sachin ran for Ganguly as late as 2003.
Well what if they're just one down... (i.e. only Tendu is out), then I guess they can only pick him to be the runner right ? On that note, what's the policy if say the score is 200/0, and one of the openers needs a runner ? [Edit: Nevermind, found the law:]
7. Runner The player acting as a runner for a batsman shall be a member of the batting side and shall, if possible, have already batted in that innings. The runner shall wear external protective equipment equivalent to that worn by the batsman for whom he runs and shall carry a bat.
Well what if they're just one down... (i.e. only Tendu is out), then I guess they can only pick him to be the runner right ?
Yes , that has to be the only circumstance. We shall have ask Tics to confirm this. And this may not be related to this topic at all , but i feel it is pointless for batsman to run between wickets to score runs. Batting as an art, should base its rewards on only how well the batsman can hit the ball and not how hard he can run between wickets.
Tendulkar came in as a runner for Rahul Dravid at Chennai sometime in 1997 or 98. Tendulkar then was a captain. I was visiting India then and watched it live then. It was the same game in which Saeed Anwar got the top score of 194.
good one ravi. that was sachinz worst day as captain.. he totally sucked @ captaincy that day..