SRT vs RD

Something's not right here guys. DDB, a guy called Athura, was an excellent poster. This is clearly not him. It could even be a Pakistani poster masquerading as an Indian. Unfortunately, he has dragged down the thread with some very poor posts.
Shame on your thinking Mr.dhondy for not accepting me an India.Im a true India.If you dont believe then go to h€ll. To be an India should you be a SRT fan??? and what do ypu mean by poor posts???if you dont accept dravid a better test player than Tendulkar then its ok but as long as i dont abuse anyone there is nothing wrong with my post.
Shame on your thinking Mr.dhondy for not accepting me an India.Im a true India.If you dont believe then go to h€ll. To be an India should you be a SRT fan??? and what do ypu mean by poor posts???if you dont accept dravid a better test player than Tendulkar then its ok but as long as i dont abuse anyone there is nothing wrong with my post.
Dravid, can you please post in this thread --> http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=20624. Just type a random one-liner. Whatever comes to mind. I (or anyone else) won't respond to any of your posts until you do this. Thanks
this thread is comparing ants (dravid) to Elephants (Sachin). Even tho i would love to watch dravid cuz he is pure class. But Tendulkar edges past him cuz of the X factor he brings in. And his strokes and aggresion are unmatched.
you stole my answer. :P but if dravid played like he did in the 2nd ind/eng odi (when he got 92 of 63 balls) than i would prefer the wall over the little one. aggressive stroke play.
Bowler Dis bwd c fi c wk st lbw hit Ave 0 Team JN Gillespie (RF) 6 0 1 3 0 2 0 27.66 1 Aus GD McGrath (RFM) 6 1 1 1 0 3 0 22.16 2 Aus WJ Cronje (RM) 5 0 3 1 0 1 0 47.20 0 SA AA Donald (RF) 5 2 1 1 0 1 0 12.00 0 SA SM Pollock (RFM) 4 1 2 0 0 1 0 8.25 0 SA
Before you start fancy yourself as a cricket analyst, simply because you can read stats, i suggest you learn and understand a bit more about what it is you are quoting or picking as a relevant benchmark. For your information, the 'average against a bowler' meter in crickinfo means absolute jack $hit. That Tendulkar averages 12.00 against Donald doesnt mean Donald dismisses Tendulkar once everytime Tendulkar takes 12 runs off Donald. It means that the average score at which Donald dismissed Tendulkar is 12.00 If you still do not get it, here is an example: Say you batted against West Indies 5 times with Corey Collymore in the WI team. Say your scores are : 12, 250, 50, 0 and 220. Say collymore dismissed you in the first, third and fourth instances. Then your 'average' against collymore is ( 12+50+0)/3 = 62/3 = 20.666666 Why crickinfo has such a senseless and retarded stat is beyond me, perhaps only for someone like you who doesnt take time to understand what it is before posting to waste some bandwidth. But fact is, your 'average against bowler X' means squat. In the Collymore example i gave, your average against Collymore is pretty bad ( 20.666) average, yet you've beaten him silly in 2 innings and done decently in another, for a very successful 532 runs in 5 innings at a Bradmansque average of 106.40. So incase you still havn't got it, your '12.00 average against Donald, 47.40 average against Cronje' means absolutely nothing but the average score on which Tendulkar was dismissed by them. =============
CC_1981 has given enough stats to show how he is failing on such flat pitches against ordinary attacks.
Please do not use my recent criticism of Tendulkar out of context. I've stated that Tendulkar is the second best batsman ever, second only to the Don (Bradman). What i think is that every great is going to decline one day or another ( law of entropy- everything comes to a decline) and Tendulkar has declined a lot and no longer is a batsman worth his place in the test squad TODAY. But to question his overall greatness is madness and even though Dravid is an alltime great batsman, he is still a yard behind Tendulkar. And IMO, if i were t rank indian batsmen, it'd be as such: 1. Tendulkar 2. Gavaskar 3. Dravid 4. daylight 5-10:Rest

I am rather disappointed that the OP has been abused like this on this thread for just putting his view that Dravid is better than SRT. In the relatively short time I have been here I took this forum to be a very tolerant one. I myself have made some very provocative posts about SG but was happy that people were willing to debate rather than attack. What is it about SRT that drives such extreme reactions. The OP is as entitled to his opinions and deserves a good debate. For what it is worth, I totally believe that today's Dravid is much much superior Test and ODI player than SRT. Dravid has shown that he has the ability to change his game and still shine. The number of tests that Dravid has won for us single handedly are amazing. We all know of SRT's struggles in batting second or scoring when the team has their backs against the wall. Dont get me wrong. SRT is a great in his own right but Dravid stands a class apart.

I am rather disappointed that the OP has been abused like this on this thread for just putting his view that Dravid is better than SRT. .
OP was written with the following article in view:
1987.gif
The year was 1990. It was a year that would be remembered by many because of the events it delivered, a decade of turmoil brought to a jarring end, momentous goings-on that had the history writers scrambling to refill their pens. It was the year that Nelson Mandela was set free by De Klerk after 26 years of incarceration, the year the hegemony of the Soviet Union finally collapsed and East and West Germany were a nation united again, their joy crowned by World Cup glory at the Stadio Olympico at Rome, where they conquered Maradona’s Argentina 1-0. It was also the year when the world realized that Mike Tyson was a mere mortal, knocked out by James Buster Douglas in one of the biggest upsets in the annals of boxing. It also marked the end of a decade of domination of world cricket by a quiet, determined man, who almost single-handedly put his country back on the map after years of decline and humiliation. In that decade of the eighties just gone by, Alan Border had played an astonishing 97 Tests, scored over 7000 runs and averaged over 55, a performance quite unmatched by the great and the good of that era. It had truly been the decade of the self effacing, flinty eyed AB, the man rated in no uncertain terms as the greatest Australian cricketer to grace his times by Shane Warne. It set me thinking. Who were the men who had excelled over the decades gone by? The batsmen who towered over all their peers through the 60s…. the 70s….. the 80s? How did they measure up against each other? Well, here they are, the leading batsmen down the decades, including the current, still unfinished one, with a minimum of 50 Tests played in every period since the sixties and lower cut-offs prior to that, in keeping with what has happened to cricket over the years. ©2007 - Indian Cricket Fans
I didn't see any of you commenting there, or refuting the logic expressed in this article? Will you do so at the relevent place?
OP was written with the following article in view: I didn't see any of you commenting there, or refuting the logic expressed in this article? Will you do so at the relevent place?
I am obviously slow here madam. What is the link between this article and the abuse heaped on the Original Poster? Why attack him (call him paki or abuse his cricketing acumen) for this?