Sachin tendulkar vs shahrukh khan

great siri

Arrey U really think if u like a song of a movie you are his fan.The video u showed had mostly nris and ndtv had to go to Azerbaijan to find a sharukh follower.:hysterical:
That proves you didn't even watch the videos. I don't blame you. What bothers me that the kind of hate SRK gets from his own countrymen while winning hearts and accolades overseas. Jealous and intolerant bunch we are...

Sharukh is loud and he promotes himself better than almost everyone.He raises eyeballs. But I doubt he has fans. The international crowd, if they like India, then they will know of Bollywood and know who SRK is. Would they watch his movies? Naa! Tendulkar on the other hand? Well if you like cricket, you will watch SRT. And almost all cricket lovers world over at some stage or the other have watched the little master play. They have stayed in their seats ONLY to watch SRT play.

Sharukh is loud and he promotes himself better than almost everyone.He raises eyeballs. But I doubt he has fans. Most of my international fans know of Bollywood and know who SRK is. Would they watch his movies? Naa! Tendulkar on the other hand? Well if you like cricket, you will watch SRT. And almost all cricket lovers world over at some stage or the other have watched the little master play. They have stayed in their seats ONLY to watch SRT play.
And you hold that against him?

That proves you didn't even watch the videos. I don't blame you. What bothers me that the kind of hate SRK gets from his own countrymen while winning hearts and accolades overseas. Jealous and intolerant bunch we are...
U really think If u like a song of a movie u are fan of the actor.I also like few of his movies.But really do not tell me he is a global star.Really its So funny when Media channels ask any actor or actress from overseas if they know about amitabh or Shahrukh and they nod and next question is which film u like and they answer every film with uneasiness and before any more questions change the topic.

And you hold that against him?
Hell no. He should be lauded for it. And not everyone can make 'noise' like SRK can. Infact there is not a single award show I'd miss if I knew SRK was hosting it. But just because a whole lot of people know who SRK is does not mean they are his fans. That was the point of my previous post.

Also learnt that srk was stopped in a us airport for hours coz nobody gave a **** who he was lol and the president of the same country once said-i am not a fan of sachin nor do i watch cricket but i want to know one thing why the production of our country drops by 5 percent when sachin goes to bat.this sums it very well

U really think If u like a song of a movie u are fan of the actor.I also like few of his movies.But really do not tell me he is a global star.Really its So funny when Media channels ask any actor or actress from overseas if they know about amitabh or Shahrukh and they nod and next question is which film u like and they answer every film with uneasiness and before any more questions change the topic.
Do tell us who you think are global stars from India?

Hell no. He should be lauded for it. And not everyone can make 'noise' like SRK can. Infact there is not a single award show I'd miss if I knew SRK was hosting it. But just because a whole lot of people know who SRK is does not mean they are his fans. That was the point of my previous post.
whatever guys...i'm off to watch another SRK movie...

Then what's the point of bringing it up when the discussion is about the reach and popularity of Shah Rukh Khan and Tendulkar rather than if Shah Rukh Khan is a global star according to you. Just throwing red herrings?
It was to The posters Pointthat shahrukh khan has worldwide following.

SRK is way more popular than SRT. At lest in terms of awareness. Brand SRK is definitely more recognized world wide than brand SRT. SRK has a fan following in nations which have few people from the Indian Subcontinent. eg: Russia, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, Thailand and Bollywood generally is ( or was at least during the time the NAM was relevant) quite well recognized in Eastern Europe. I've heard of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai being translated into Serbo-Croat. Never heard of a person from Belgrade discussing Sachin's 200 vs South Africa. Or was it the West Indies? Apart from the nations of the British common wealth, SRT is hardly recognized anywhere. In fact. cricket as a sport fails to register any kind of curiousity in large swathes of the world- Latin America, most of Africa, Continental Europe and Eastern Asia. In the above mentioned regions, Bollywood, and as an extension, SRK are definitely more popular.

SRK is way more popular than SRT. At lest in terms of awareness. Brand SRK is definitely more recognized world wide than brand SRT. SRK has a fan following in nations which have few people from the Indian Subcontinent. eg: Russia, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, Thailand and Bollywood generally is ( or was at least during the time the NAM was relevant) quite well recognized in Eastern Europe. I've heard of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai being translated into Serbo-Croat. Never heard of a person for Belgrade asking for a tape of Sachin's 200 vs South Africa. Or was it the West Indies? Apart from the nations of the British common wealth, SRT is hardly recognized anywhere. In fact. cricket as a sport fails to register any kind of curiousity in large swathes of the world- Latin America, most of Africa, Continental Europe and Eastern Asia. In the above mentioned regions, Bollywood, and as an extension, SRK are definitely more popular.
Popularity is a social phenomena that dictates who or what is best liked

SRK is way more popular than SRT. At lest in terms of awareness. Brand SRK is definitely more recognized world wide than brand SRT. SRK has a fan following in nations which have few people from the Indian Subcontinent. eg: Russia, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, Thailand and Bollywood generally is ( or was at least during the time the NAM was relevant) quite well recognized in Eastern Europe. I've heard of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai being translated into Serbo-Croat. Never heard of a person from Belgrade discussing Sachin's 200 vs South Africa. Or was it the West Indies? Apart from the nations of the British common wealth, SRT is hardly recognized anywhere. In fact. cricket as a sport fails to register any kind of curiousity in large swathes of the world- Latin America, most of Africa, Continental Europe and Eastern Asia. In the above mentioned regions, Bollywood, and as an extension, SRK are definitely more popular.
You must the times Sachin was featured in Times in the US, when he did advertisement for milk in the middle east. He has a fan following way beyond cricket playing nations.