Cricket Stock Exchange :Saurav Wins ! Pay me in two days (i.e until Tuesday) and get 75% discount on your losses) ! Hurry up and avail the offer !

gaurav92

think i got 70 millions :yay: Though, I have to admit, this game can be really risky when things don't go your away. Can easily bankrupt or make you a billionaire in a couple of picks :P

Another relief for punters/ players You don't have to pay me intra-day loss or profit. The entire Profit and Loss will be adjusted at the end of the tourney. Also, I will not be able to set up regular markets, and will be doing so only in weekends as I may not get time during weekdays, but I will still try and make up markets for games in weekdays too :nice:

Gaurav, I know this is all about day-trading but is there a way we can hold long term positions as well? Can you create something around it? Great initiative btw :good:
That will make my job difficult as I will have to quote a player to keep in mind the whole IPL tourney that is so unpredictable now that we still don't know which teams are going to go through. I can do that for the KO stages, but it will involve huge risk :P Plus the fact that many a player may not perform, rating them very high and investing on them will not be a feasible option for most buyers who seek quick intra-day gains. As a long term perspective, very few buyers would be willing to buy players. For eg. if I quote Hussey at 217 now. Many would evaluate the number of games left, probability of Hussey scoring in them, and then look to make an investment of that sort. But in case Hussey doesn't play or gets injured, it would be a huge setback and they will like to have their moneys back. But I can't determine a future value of a player and trade on it.

That will make my job difficult as I will have to quote a player to keep in mind the whole IPL tourney that is so unpredictable now that we still don't know which teams are going to go through. I can do that for the KO stages, but it will involve huge risk :P Plus the fact that many a player may not perform, rating them very high and investing on them will not be a feasible option for most buyers who seek quick intra-day gains. As a long term perspective, very few buyers would be willing to buy players. For eg. if I quote Hussey at 217 now. Many would evaluate the number of games left, probability of Hussey scoring in them, and then look to make an investment of that sort. But in case Hussey doesn't play or gets injured, it would be a huge setback and they will like to have their moneys back. But I can't determine a future value of a player and trade on it.
On the contrary, I think if you offer long-term positions, many people may easily join in thinking in the longer term a blue-chip stock is bound to perform. (I agree that would involve a lot more time and make your work difficult). Intra-day is always a risky proposition, but a long-term cash-n-carry maybe a safe bet for many conservative investors. If you need any help from any esteemed organisations to run it in the long term, do let me know. :agree:

On the contrary, I think if you offer long-term positions, many people may easily join in thinking in the longer term a blue-chip stock is bound to perform. (I agree that would involve a lot more time and make your work difficult). Intra-day is always a risky proposition, but a long-term cash-n-carry maybe a safe bet for many conservative investors. If you need any help from any esteemed organisations to run it in the long term, do let me know. :agree:
:hysterical: Well, as I said earlier, thinking of a stock value in future would involve risk. Suppose a player who gets injured mid way, or a player who does not play (For eg. Hussey may be rested now that CSK are through). If someone buys that stock thinking Hussey would play all the game, and I quoted that share very highly - he will be up for a huge loss. To tackle those situations, he will want to average the option he exercised with the number of matches he played with the number of matches he should have played and give him returns that way. But the stock market doesn't work that way and he might end up losing a huge chunk. And you know that pricing plays an important role, and as far as long term perspective is concerned, most bookies are bullish on players and quote them high. In that case, very few buyers would be interested.

Another relief for punters/ players You don't have to pay me intra-day loss or profit. The entire Profit and Loss will be adjusted at the end of the tourney. Also, I will not be able to set up regular markets, and will be doing so only in weekends as I may not get time during weekdays, but I will still try and make up markets for games in weekdays too :nice:
great!

:hysterical: Well, as I said earlier, thinking of a stock value in future would involve risk. Suppose a player who gets injured mid way, or a player who does not play (For eg. Hussey may be rested now that CSK are through). If someone buys that stock thinking Hussey would play all the game, and I quoted that share very highly - he will be up for a huge loss. To tackle those situations, he will want to average the option he exercised with the number of matches he played with the number of matches he should have played and give him returns that way. But the stock market doesn't work that way and he might end up losing a huge chunk. And you know that pricing plays an important role, and as far as long term perspective is concerned, most bookies are bullish on players and quote them high. In that case, very few buyers would be interested.
Okay, it is your exchange so you make the rules :two_thumbs_up: But, just as an example, if you quote a price for Kohli calculating the number of international runs he is gonna make throughout the year, many might buy it blindly thinking Kohli will score more. At the end of the year, they'll have egg on their faces as Kohli won't score half the price and all the profit will go to you. You just need to work out what will look like a lucrative price for Kohli. P.S. If anyone gets injured, it is obviously the investor's risk. It's a given that batsmen would usually be injury-free and phaast bowlers would usually be injured.