India 2nd innings: what should happen...

Sooda

Score quickly. That much goes without saying. Should we open with the same two. Or Open with Sehwag in the hope that he will score quick and big. Maybe Viru and Sachin??- That may not be wise vs Steyn and new ball. See off the new ball and then go for it. If it is Kartik/jaff. Tell DKK to score quickish while WJ drops anchor. I hate Harris. Hope we cane him but he will cause us problems in the 2nd innings. It would be ideal if we can make say 320 in 65ish overs. Declare and take a wicket or two before the end of play.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen... Send Sehwag to open the inning. I know he has failed through out the series opening but in this game if he is going to bat at no.7 he is not going to be of much use. Karthik can play at no.7 in the second dig. Rest of the batting order should remain as it is IMO.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen...

Score quickly. That much goes without saying. Should we open with the same two. Or Open with Sehwag in the hope that he will score quick and big. Maybe Viru and Sachin??- That may not be wise vs Steyn and new ball. See off the new ball and then go for it. If it is Kartik/jaff. Tell DKK to score quickish while WJ drops anchor. I hate Harris. Hope we cane him but he will cause us problems in the 2nd innings. It would be ideal if we can make say 320 in 65ish overs. Declare and take a wicket or two before the end of play.
score quickly??? 320 in 65 overs?? what game are you watching?? 260 runs in 80 overs will be a great achievement on this pitch.. and do not open with veeru.. that will be a big mistake.. and i bet he wont..

score quickly??? 320 in 65 overs?? what game are you watching?? 260 runs in 80 overs will be a great achievement on this pitch.. and do not open with veeru.. that will be a big mistake.. and i bet he wont..
Do you think Dravid will have the courage to declare with a lead of mere 300 and with over a day to go?I am sure Inzi will never do that.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen... Sehwag at 1 down should be a good move. let karthik and jaffer take off the shine...then karthik can try to score faster and then bring in sehwag,Sachin,Ganguly.....if things get sour,lax and dravid can steady the ship anytime a cpl of wickets fall in quick succession..... If either jaffer or karthik falls in the 1st few overs, send in dravid.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen... Rahul Dravid says they don't really have a plan as of now and thinks 180 overs are a lot to play for. They don't have a number as of now and doesn't want to say who is going to open at this point of time.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen... Gavaskar makes a good point if things aren't going to go well for South Africa they won't bowl their overs quickly. Guess what, Gavaskar says "Sehwag" opening is a must. Even against Harris bowling from around the wicket Gavaskar reckons if Sehwag comes off, he will find fours in areas where there are no fielders and this will put Saffies under more pressure. Ravi Shastri's wish list today is for India to get bowled for 250 (otherwise India will not declare ) :lol: so that India can win the test.

Re: India 2nd innings: what should happen... Shastri says another point that goes to the opponent if Sehwag walks out is the positive attitude of the team. If he walks out that shows India is seriously concerned about winning and not tentative in their search of the series win. I think that is a very valid point.

Well that IS in an ideal world. I guess what I said is a bit far. But if we wee out the new ball and as someone said, Viru at one down possibly, if he clicks anything can happen. Plus as MP has pointed out we need a lead of 300 at least. We should score that much in a days play.