What is the single biggest problem in Indian cricket?

I believe it is the lack of a competitive domestic competition to rival England and Australia, in spite of the fact that our cricket organisations earn more than any other in the world. Indian cricket needs to fix up their domestic competition. Not have 7 or 8 different tournaments. Duleep is our highest level tournament before the national team, yet only a few Duleep Trophy games are played a season. It should be the major tournament, with Ranjii as being the tournament where people who get dropped from their zones go play. 6 Duleep teams (5 zones, and a foreign team) should contest out a long season with each team playing at least 10 one day matches and 10 test (4-day or 5-day) matches. A proper structure needs to be put in place that allows youngsters to progress from their club side, then to their Ranji side, then the Duleep side, then National side. Furthermore, pitches need to offer both bowlers and batsman assistance to allow for 2-sided contests in all domestic cricket. Until this is done, I dont believe any consistent success in Indian cricket will occur.

I believe it is the lack of a competitive domestic competition to rival England and Australia, in spite of the fact that our cricket organisations earn more than any other in the world. Indian cricket needs to fix up their domestic competition. A proper structure needs to be put in place that allows youngsters to progress from their club side, then to their Ranji side, then the Duleep side, then National side. Furthermore, pitches need to offer both bowlers and batsman assistance to allow for 2-sided contests in all domestic cricket. Until this is done, I dont believe any consistent success in Indian cricket will occur.
agreed to these points...lets discuss the other side of the coin...the attitude and commitment of the selectors should be changed...they need to be fair, patient and far-sighted. The philosophy must be to believe in perfection through patience in giving chances and proper guidance. Contrastively, we are very idealistic, hero-worshiping and short sighted. As we speak of tackling aussies and english teams, we must have a strong bench strength...do we have that? Flemings, the ex-captain of NZ worked for years together to make a double of NZ team...selectors also helped him...the whole board was with him. Do we have that with us... I believe we have multiple problems that needs our attention...say what!
I believe it is the lack of a competitive domestic competition to rival England and Australia, in spite of the fact that our cricket organisations earn more than any other in the world. Indian cricket needs to fix up their domestic competition. Not have 7 or 8 different tournaments. Duleep is our highest level tournament before the national team, yet only a few Duleep Trophy games are played a season. It should be the major tournament, with Ranjii as being the tournament where people who get dropped from their zones go play. 6 Duleep teams (5 zones, and a foreign team) should contest out a long season with each team playing at least 10 one day matches and 10 test (4-day or 5-day) matches. A proper structure needs to be put in place that allows youngsters to progress from their club side, then to their Ranji side, then the Duleep side, then National side. Furthermore, pitches need to offer both bowlers and batsman assistance to allow for 2-sided contests in all domestic cricket. Until this is done, I dont believe any consistent success in Indian cricket will occur.
For Bharat297: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=133526&postcount=24

You may choose to believe that fans are not a problem but according to me they are the second biggest problem. The people who make cricketers God ( and for God's sake I don't mean tendulkar here) after one good knock ...and burn posters ,take out fake shav yatras....they all constitute the fans. We put people on the pedestral too soon and then push them down mercilessly.....

You may choose to believe that fans are not a problem but according to me they are the second biggest problem. The people who make cricketers God ( and for God's sake I don't mean tendulkar here) after one good knock ...and burn posters ,take out fake shav yatras....they all constitute the fans. We put people on the pedestral too soon and then push them down mercilessly.....
Very good point :D