Favourite player from your most disliked team

Gambit

SL is my most hated team but Aravinda was among my favourite cricketers in the 90s. He was the Lankan Sachin. Brilliant bat, booming on the rise cover drives, killer hook shot and that iconic visor-less helmet. His 66(47) against us at Eden was simply breathtaking. He was known as Mad Max for recklessly giving his wicket away in his early days but he worked hard on his temperament and became a solid test bat.

There are two teams i dislike the most...Pakistan and Australia...May be i dislike Pakistan a bit more than Australia since Pakistan's Test team is not that great...still i like Shoaib Akhtar ... for he always gets tonked..by our batsmen..and he gets some good wickets as well...and his on field antics entertain us... In australia.... i Like Gilly.

Shaun Pollock from South Africa. I wouldnt want Aussies to win but come on they play a brand of cricket that you can sit and watch. Saffers just put you to sleep. Still Pollock is an ace act. Wished his Dad and Uncle - Peter and Graeme Pollock respectively, would have played as much cricket too.

jayasuriya
If I dislike Sri Lanka, I dislike Jayasurya even more :confused_smile::confused_smile: No 1996 semis have nothing to do with it(and yes I am over it), it is just a fact that I have never quite understood how he has managed to take 300 wickets in LOI. I mean players like Kapil, Imran, Marshall etc couldnt do it. Granted Jaya has played more Internationals but come on 300 wickets?? Are the batsmen of our times so freaking dumb! :confused_smile:
If I dislike Sri Lanka, I dislike Jayasurya even more :confused_smile::confused_smile: No 1996 semis have nothing to do with it(and yes I am over it), it is just a fact that I have never quite understood how he has managed to take 300 wickets in LOI. I mean players like Kapil, Imran, Marshall etc couldnt do it. Granted Jaya has played more Internationals but come on 300 wickets?? Are the batsmen of our times so freaking dumb! :confused_smile:
You can't dislike a guy for taking wickets and scoring runs. :haha:
Apparently. Or maybe Kapil, Imran, Marshall, were not as good a package as this guy.

Imran. He was the complete package. I remember the time when I rated him as the greatest Asian cricketer ever on the old board and nearly got lynched for my troubles. But he was an absolutely towering figure, immense in courage, and the epitome of sheer diligence in the way he elevated himself to a world beater from a journeyman, and dragged his team kicking and screaming with him. Sadly, it gives away the team I most dislike. I have certain "friends" of mine to thank for that, I guess. It wasn't ever thus.

Difficult to pick. There are too many superb players in the team I dislike but if I had to pick one of Hayden, Ponting, McGrath, Warne, and Gilchrist for pure cricketing skills it will have to be McGrath and for an overall great cricketing personality not too many players can come close to Gilchrist. At present I probably dislike the Pakistan team probably as much as Australia but don't really like any of the current crop of players. When some of my favourites, Imran and Akram, were playing they were my second most preferred team!:D