India to blame for error - Harper

DesiChap

India to blame for error - Harper Ganguly had to come out to bat in place of Tendulkar Umpire Daryl Harper said India should have known Sachin Tendulkar was not allowed to bat early on the fourth day of the final Test against South Africa. Tendulkar spent 18 minutes off the field on Thursday, which meant he was not allowed to bat until 18 minutes of Friday's play had elapsed. After 13 minutes of play India lost two wickets and they were thrown when they realised Tendulkar could not come in. "If a player leaves the field, he's got to serve that time," said Harper. "They (India) should have known. In most cases you would find that the manager would be aware of those conditions, and nothing would need to be said." However, Harper said he had sent a reminder to the Indian dressing room about Tendulkar just in case. "I had those 18 minutes in the back of my mind, and I looked up at the scoreboard to see he was due to bat at number four," said Harper. "At about that time the first wicket fell, and I got on the blower to send the Indians a reminder that Sachin could only bat at 1048 (local time). "Unfortunately the moment the message got through, the second wicket fell." In the end India sent out Sourav Ganguly, but it took him a full eight minutes to get to the crease. "The subject of timed out did come up in the middle," said Harper. The umpire said he explained the situation to South Africa captain Graeme Smith. "In this instance we knew exactly why he hadn't appeared, and the South African boys were quite happy with the explanation," said Harper. Ganguly, who eventually scored a battling 46, believes India can capture the eight wickets they need on the final day to win the deciding Test. Jacques Kallis will join Graeme Smith at the crease in Cape Town as South Africa resume at 55-2 in search of 211. "If we can get Kallis early the pressure will be on South Africa," said Ganguly, who made a battling 46 on Friday. "As the ball gets older, it gets harder to score fluently and the surface is pretty rough," added the ex-captain. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6235525.stm

Re: India to blame for error - Harper

I guess India is also to blame for the 7 ball over and the great umpiring that is going on. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Was going to post the same thing. And who the fack is responsible for Tendulkar being given out with the ball clearly missing leg stump, fackper?

Re: India to blame for error - Harper

I guess India is also to blame for the 7 ball over and the great umpiring that is going on. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Was going to post the same thing. And who the fack is responsible for Tendulkar being given out with the ball clearly missing leg stump, fackper?
Nah, it's Tendlya's fault for being born as himself, besides Pollock has always been a good actor.

Re: India to blame for error - Harper Pollock bullied Asad Rauf long enough. Unfortunately when our bowlers do the same they get pulled up for bad behaviour. I also want our bowlers to go up big time every time it hits the pad and also appear as if they were robbed of a wicket. Polly's drama about that ball to Rahul Dravid (high and outside the off) when Rahul didn't offer a shot was the one that sparked the bullying of the umpire. Pollock went up to umpire and asked him what was wrong. Umpire rightly said "outside the line" but Pollock threw his toys and rounded up Asad. I'm sure Pollock knew how to work on the umpire and get a decision in his favour the next time the ball hits the pads. Unfortunately Tendulkar got the ball on the pads.