Typical India

Gambit

Just when all of us expected them to get thrashed 3-0 in the tests after the blanking in ODIs, those buggers go on to win the 1st test raising our hopes, heralding a new horizon, sparking a new era, first series win in RSA blah blah blah. This series loss is so painful and hard to take now. However, if someone had told me that the series would be decided in the last hour on the last day, I would have taken it but it's so painful now. Tendulkar and Dravid cost us this series with the brilliant 24 from 15 overs extravaganza.

Re: Typical India

Just when all of us expected them to get thrashed 3-0 in the tests after the blanking in ODIs, those buggers go on to win the 1st test raising our hopes, heralding a new horizon, sparking a new era, first series win in RSA blah blah blah. This series loss is so painful and hard to take now. However, if someone had told me that the series would be decided in the last hour on the last day, I would have taken it but it's so painful now. Tendulkar and Dravid cost us this series with the brilliant 24 from 15 overs extravaganza.
very true. i'd rather us outright suck than make it so painful.

Re: Typical India They thrive when you have zero expectation.Played like bunch of maniacs in WC'03,Down under'04 and here only to come crashing down soon after. This choker of a team is a fan's nightmare.They have been frickin like this since the day I followed the game.So when the celebration was OTT we should have figured what in store next.No surprise really. It will take radical changes from honest/competent admistrators, far better infrastructure (stadiums in most cities etc..) to honest selectors/talent scout before things can take shape and we perform well to earn respect from international teams.

Re: Typical India India had more than one chance to set up a historical draw or even a series win. The second test should have been ideally drawn but they couldn't even last 50 overs in the second dig :wall: :wall: :wall: None can be blamed but the batters. As Gambit pointed out Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid set up a good win for South Africa in the last test match :hmph: That was one of the most insipid and gutless batting I have seen for a long time. Even Boycott and Chris Tavare would have played with more purpose than these two. Bottom line is with this kind of mentality they cannot counter aggressive opponents.

Re: Typical India The Indian Bowling disappointed me most.... Allowing South Africa to cruise to victory on 5th day pitch chasing over 211 on a crumbling pitch.....is unacceptable. The less we talk about Kumble the better. He had bad two days at office when the nation needed him most

Re: Typical India To be honest I won't blame the bowlers as much. We all noticed the pitch didn't do anything alarming and though few balls kicked off the rough it was still playing good. Neither did it keep low nor the spin fast enough. The batters do not have problems keeping away slow turners. Only when there is sharp turn and bounce will the spinners be a huge threat. The faster bowlers had almost nothing on all five days barring some reverse swing. In fact this pitch played true and the batters could stay there for long duration if they wanted to. Unfortunately our batters in the second dig did not score enough and that is the bottom line. You could see Saffies got to 210 on Day 5 pitch losing only 5 wickets. If they continued to bat am sure they could have posted in the range of 300-350. Indians on a better pitch on day 4 posted 160+ runs. Is it really the bowlers to be blamed? The pitch was more Indian and surely Indians should have done well right? The entire tour has exposed the batters big time, they were absolute failures. The Indian bowlers worked over time to make this a competetive series.

Re: Typical India Quite clearly there was no intent to win...Dravid,Sachin & co seemed to be playing for a draw when they had the match for the taking.The media,fans and the selectors have every right to question the strategy behind that Sachin/Dravid partnership. Dravid and Chappel have a lot of explaining to do for this series loss.Where the hell was positive intent from our 2 most experienced and accomplished batsmen?