Another upcoming J&K fast bowler Mehjoor Ali Sofi

rkt.india

Ignored by Ranji selectors, Valley’s bowler joins Kolkata League Srinagar, Dec 21: He has the speed and swing to rattle the best in the business, but Kashmir’s promising fast bowler Mehjoor Ali Sofi continues to get a cold-shoulder from Ranji trophy selectors in Jammu and Kashmir. The snub by Valley selectors, however, fails to rattle Mehjoor, a lanky seamer in his early 20’s, who keeps banking on hope. Keen to make it big, Mehjoor has now joined the Kolkata League “to keep himself fit for the game.” “It doesn’t matter where you are playing, what matters is how you are playing and keeping yourself fit for the game,” Mehjoor said. Disappointed for being left out for J&K’s Ranji trophy team this season, Mehjoor continues to keep faith in the selectors. “Yes, I did wait a lot for the call and practiced very hard for this season but now it’s time to move ahead and keep myself busy in the game since it’s off- season in Valley,” he said, adding, “I never lose hope as it is the only thing which keeps you prepared for tomorrow. Ups and downs are part and parcel of life.” “May be selectors have other ideas about me. While I’m not their choice at present, I am hopeful of getting a call soon,” he said. The fast bowler has been a part of developmental Rajasthan Royals (IPL champions). He honed his fast bowling skills in MRF Pace Foundation, Chennai after a two-month stint at Imtiyaz Ahmad Cricket Academy, Benglaru. From iconic Shane Warne to speed merchant Shaun Tait, Mehjoor also learned tips of the trade from the likes of Graeme Smith during his stint with the Royals developmental squad. Asked how he got the chance to join the Kolkata League, Mehjoor, a resident of Malla Bagh in outskirts of Srinagar, said, “Members of CCFC (Calcutta Cricket & Football Club), were impressed by my bowling while I was in Kolkata after winning KPL 1 (inaugural season).” Mehjoor picked four wickets including that of Indian batsman Manoj Tiwary in a T20 match against the Tiwary-led team. Mehjoor also took 13 wickets in five matches in the inaugural season of KPL. “Last month I got a call from CCFC and signed a contract with the club this week only.” He had dream start to the league Friday, taking 8 wickets for his team on first day of the two-day inaugural match. Mehjoor conceded only 47 runs in 23 overs, eight of them he bowled maiden. ABOUT THE LEAGUE The league is organized by Cricket Association of Bengal Kolkata "C.A.B" Some of the big names who are members of the CCFC are Manoj Tiwary, Aaa Beshak Jun Jun Wala, Sourav Ganguly, Ranadev Bose, Arun Lal, Sunil Gavaskar, V.V Richards, Joydeep Mukherjee. The league will be ending in the second week of March.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teZaEFDcxfo]Mehjoor ali sofi against maharastra - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p6iJMcjVl0]Mehjoor ali sofi against maharastra - YouTube[/ame]
watch all the videos of the channel I posted. He has bowled some good deliveries there.
Sort of reminds me of a right-handed RP Singh. However, RP tucked his hands in quite tighter than this guy before releasing the ball. What do you think? This guy has a much more free-flowing action that allows him to generate good pace while swinging the ball inwards.

Bengal has a decent pool of fast bowlers now. Even Veer Pratap Singh is going to be back in the squad after his injury layoff and Ravi Kant Singh is waiting in the wings. He won't get selected unless he is as exceptional as Shami. He is also playing for a Second Division team. Either he tries to get into one of the top clubs or he should try and find a place in one of the Plate League Ranji teams.

Bengal has a decent pool of fast bowlers now. Even Veer Pratap Singh is going to be back in the squad after his injury layoff and Ravi Kant Singh is waiting in the wings. He won't get selected unless he is as exceptional as Shami. He is also playing for a Second Division team. Either he tries to get into one of the top clubs or he should try and find a place in one of the Plate League Ranji teams.
He is right now playing for J&K A team, might even play for them. Three potential bowlers in J&K right now Ramdayal Punia picked 5-fer yesterday, 19 year old Umar Nazir playing for A team and taking wickets and this guy also playing for A team.
He is right now playing for J&K A team' date=' might even play for them. Three potential bowlers in J&K right now Ramdayal Punia picked 5-fer yesterday, 19 year old Umar Nazir playing for A team and taking wickets and this guy also playing for A team.[/quote'] That would be good for him. Either he gets into J & K or Himachal maybe, he'll just lose time trying to get into a state team which has a large pool of players.