Should India have not gotten 450 on this pitch(day2/3) versus this bowling?

fineleg

Should India have not gotten 450 on this pitch(day2/3) versus this bowling? Was that the expectation of you folks 400-500ish at the start of Indian innings? If so, are you disappointed now? I'd like to hear from ya'll on what your expectation was at the START OF OUR innings. Is that too much to expect a few centuries on a reasonable batting pitch, and a lot of time on our side?

Yes..........India with its vaunted (cough cough) lineup should not have fared so pathetically. Karthik - I just do not have faith in this guy. He will not do well as an opener. Jaffer - not the best, but the best option we have right now. I would stick with Sehwag as the other opener. Dravid - looked in great touch, but should not have gotten out to the ball, maybe facing Tanvir for the first time (with that weird action) fooled him. I expect him to do better next time. Tendulkar - looked very casual when he arrived at the wicket. I hope he brings more seriousness to the game when he comes out to bat. Just becuase he is in sublime touch does not mean things cannot snowball to worse quickly........just 1 or 2 more poor innings and...........anyway SRT's success is vital to us doing well down under. Ganguly - Somehow I just do not have faith in him anymore...........maybe Yuvi should be given a longer run at this position. VVS - I hope and pray VVS gets a ton tomorrow and does very well in this series. He is a classy batsman and he needs to click for us to do well down under. Basically SRT, Dravid and VVS need to fire down under for us to save face or do well. I am looking beyond the pak series. I expect India to win............if they don't they might not as well go to Australia as ass raping will be waiting for them.

I am looking beyond the pak series. I expect India to win............if they don't they might not as well go to Australia as ass raping will be waiting for them.
Ofcourse we should expect that. They MUST win this series. No ifs and buts will be acceptable. This is the minimum expectation.
ya.. we shud have scored 999/1 decl....
smartypants like remark..., we are talking abt 450-500ish scores - which are well achievable in Indian pitch in relatively good batting conditions of day-2 with "ESTEEMED and SUPERSTAR" batsmen against a good, but certainly not Marshall-Garner-Holding bowling attack. Not some impossible targets.

Seriously ... lets see how this match pans out before becoming too harsh on them ... one of the best batsman in the world (Yousuf) was undone by the gentle pace of Ganguly who just landed it in a good area and let the pitch do the rest. Lets see how both teams go in the 2nd innings before being too critical. I reckon both teams badly underestimated this pitch ... they both felt this was a flat run-bed when in fact the pitch did offer a bit.

We should have scored around 350 or so ..but a team can fail in an innings...lets hope they come to party in second innings and if pak scores big then they hafta..
You want them to "come to party" in a 4th inn of a Test. If they struggle in 1st Inn, imagine whats gonna happen in 4th Inn!
I think both teams underestimated the pitch ... hopefully they wont make that mistake again. Well I hope India dont anyway ... the Pakis can underestimate it as many times as they want.
Bharat, When India play their 4th Inn, a bunch of folks have promised to bump up this thread. We'll see how all the "hopes" play out then.