Question Need Help Urgently!

Shehezaada

calling all Engineers here! Have this question due on Wednesday and I'm realllly confused! A cone shaped paper drinking cup (like the kind used at water fountains) has a radius R and a height H. If the water heigh in the cup is h, the water volume is given by: V=(1/3)pi((R/H^2)(h^3). Suppose that the cup's dimensions are R= 3.8 and H=10 cm. a)If the flow rate from the fountain into the cup is 33cm^3cm/sec, how long will it take to fill to the brim. Do by hand, and by MATLAB. B) Use MATLAB to determine how long it would take if the flow rate was q= 2(1 - e^-2t)cm^3/s

maybe i'm misunderstanding the q, but you seem to have the diff. eq. already: qdt = dV = A*dh integrate from 0 to T on LHS, and 0 to H on RHS. for part a) q is just a constant, and A is dV/dh for part b) q is the formula given, which you integrate wrt time.
thanks buddy! u an engineer? this has given me good steps in the right direction!! here's my work based on ur method for part A: qdt = dV 33dt = dV Integrating both sides 33t = V 33t = pi(r^2)(h)/3 (where I have taken the total volume of cone, and not the volume of flow rate given) 33t=453.65 t= 4.58 seconds that makes sense to me..does it to you? thank you so much vroom you've been a great help!

for part b) you should have: int(2t-2t(e^-2t)) = V => (t^2) - (t(e^-2t)) + (e^(-2t))/2 = V (by integration by parts, or working backwards from the derivative) it may be negligible for large t, but may not be for small t (small volume or high rate of flow)...so I would calculate it out.

for part b) you should have: int(2t-2t(e^-2t)) = V -> (t^2) - (t(e^-2t)) + (e^(-2t))/2 = V (by integration by parts, or working backwards from the derivative) it may be negligible for large t, but may not be for small t (small volume or high rate of flow)...so I would calculate it out.

beetle the big monsterous bug I don't post there...just visit on good days.....:D
:haha: :hysterical::hysterical: me too... liked to see them discuss on things now... seem to have a toned down approach now.... all the beastily attitudes have gond down the drain... im enjoying it...:two_thumbs_up:

yeah...seems like a fairly normal place.... The likes of monsee and mr. F don't seem to get as much bhav...... The rabid anti India stance in cricket seems to have gone now...as has the obsession with Phast bowling and complete disrespect for Indian bowlers...(it is still there but no ahahahah comments at least...):haha: