How to beat the Aussies

bowl_out

The Australian team looks invincible at the moment.. They seem to have the best team balance with Haddin/Faulkner coming in at 8... Five pacers (all of whom are deadly and can contribute with the bat if necessary) and Glen Maxwell make up the bowling... Finch, Warner, Smith, Maxwell seem to be in top form... The top order fires almost every time... If if they don't, the middle order fills in.. Watson seems to be the only weak link... But he might be replaced by Faulkner or Clarke when they are fit.... What would be your strategy to beat this Australian Team if you were captaining the team playing against them?

IMO if Australia play well they can't be beaten, not in Australia anyway, I don't think I've seen a more powerful batting line up, they bat to 10 (and those 10 are all dangerous batsmen), and their no 11 isn't a bunny. Their the best fielding team in the world, and they have a a powerful bowling attack, maybe the best in the world as well, they tick all the boxes.

IMO if Australia play well they can't be beaten, not in Australia anyway, I don't think I've seen a more powerful batting line up, they bat to 10 (and those 10 are all dangerous batsmen), and their no 11 isn't a bunny. Their the best fielding team in the world, and they have a a powerful bowling attack, maybe the best in the world as well, they tick all the boxes.
1.They may bat deep,but other than against England i cant recall good performance from Haddin in last 2 years. 2.NZ can match or better OZ in fielding. Overall they are the beast side in tournament,but definitely not invincible. They still have 5th bowler issue , if good ODI sides chase 310/320 against them this issue will come out definitely.
1.They may bat deep,but other than against England i cant recall good performance from Haddin in last 2 years. 2.NZ can match or better OZ in fielding. Overall they are the beast side in tournament,but definitely not invincible. They still have 5th bowler issue , if good ODI sides chase 310/320 against them this issue will come out definitely.
You have to make inroads against their top order early, if they're only 2 down come the 20th over you're going to be chasing a mountain, and damn, even if their 5 down come the 20th you wouldn't bet against them still. This team is the real deal, could even be better than our 2003 side, NZ will crash to earth with a thud when they meet Australia, we hammer NZ for fun.
Do not lose too many wickets at the top ' date=' their 4th, 5th, 6th bowlers, are weaklings although Mitch Marsh came to the rescue today.[/quote'] Come finals their 4th bowler will be Faulkner, I think they made a mistake not selecting Pattinson though, that dudes seriously scary., guess they wrapped him in cotton wool for the ashes, like Harris.