Sehwag disappoints, YS in tatters, and KKD average--1st inning vs ACT XI

fineleg

finey was always against Viru being selected in the team.
Yes, I am against him being selected becos he has been playing horribly for quite sometime now. However, its not like I will be unhappy if he finds form. It will be good if he gets into good form (though it seems like it will need nothing short of a miracle). Yesterday was an opportunity for VS to show he can score runs, but I think his poor form continues, and hence I feel even if he is selected for Perth, Aus are gonna get him out cheaply.
Guest HariSampath
Sehwag was out to a blinder of a catch ..
Ya, very unfortunate for Viru it was a brilliant catch. But lets remind ourselves that this was merely a muscle stretchin/extended net session and no one in the team took this as anything else. No one is going to be dropped because of this, and no one selected because of this game. Yuvi would be dropped for 3rd test even if he got 80 here ( which he didn't) and so is Jaffer. Same way , Sehwag is gonna play the 3rd test ( whether he had got 25 or 75 here)...this is net practice.
Ya' date=' very unfortunate for Viru it was a brilliant catch. But lets remind ourselves that this was merely a muscle stretchin/extended net session and no one in the team took this as anything else. No one is going to be dropped because of this, and no one selected because of this game. Yuvi would be dropped for 3rd test even if he got 80 here ( which he didn't) and so is Jaffer. Same way , Sehwag is gonna play the 3rd test ( whether he had got 25 or 75 here)...this is net practice.[/quote'] There is a good chance what you say may happen (VS getting selected). Since WJ has been a utter failure in Test 1 and 2, the options are limited.

While Sehwag's dismissal was a blinder of a catch, it would've been child's play for a 3rd slip, a position which is often around in the initial part of an innings. The stroke Sehwag played was symptomatic... a hard sliced slash... which is always on with his batting ... Do I see the dog's tail straightening? No.

While Sehwag's dismissal was a blinder of a catch, it would've been child's play for a 3rd slip, a position which is often around in the initial part of an innings. The stroke Sehwag played was symptomatic... a hard sliced slash... which is always on with his batting ... Do I see the dog's tail straightening? No.
Yep. He may very well play the Test 3, but is gonna be out playing a rash shot too soon.

In all likelihood, Yuvi is done with the test matches for this tour. Quite a tricky choice with the rest. - Jaffer's 92 might be a touch hard for the team management to ignore. However, Lee seems to have found a chink in Jaffer's armour. So, his inclusion on the Perth pitch could well be fraught with high risk. - Sehwag had a decent little hit..not very convincing though. Nevertheless, if he comes good in the Perth game, India would be away in a canter. Better to risk playing Sehwag rather than Jaffer. If the risk comes off, the dividends will be spectacular. Viru's bowling will be very useful, in the likely absence of Bhajji. - Karthik seems to be in good form. Like Kumble, this guy's a fighter and does show admirable patience, when things are not going his way. But it's hard to fit him into the team. If sent up to open, the opening pair would be a brand new one on the toughest venue down under....hard call really. The other option would be to take Yuvi's place at No.6. - Pathan & Pankaj will have to compete for Bhajji's spot. Pankaj's performance today will be of particular interest. Given our batting troubles through this tour, Pathan's skills with the willow might well get him into the XI. So, my XI for Perth is as follows: Viru Dravid Laxman Sachin Dada Karthik Dhoni Pathan/Pankaj (Today's the judgement day) Kumble RP Ishant

actually considering the bounce in perth those shots would go to third man anyway :D
where there will be a fielder to catch the uppish slash when we are within 5-10 overs of start of innings :D But given that this is the squad we have taken, lets play VS...what the heck we can't win the series now anyways (we should have taken Akash Chopra or GG, injury binjury, like i believe that!!!)
where there will be a fielder to catch the uppish slash when we are within 5-10 overs of start of innings :D But given that this is the squad we have taken, lets play VS...what the heck we can't win the series now anyways (we should have taken Akash Chopra or GG, injury binjury, like i believe that!!!)
Gambhir would not even have lasted as long as Jaffer has in those 4 innings. And Akash Chopra? Well with Dravid at other end, Australia would have a dream start in every inning while India would be guaranteed of a nightmarish start!!
Gambhir would not even have lasted as long as Jaffer has in those 4 innings. And Akash Chopra? Well with Dravid at other end' date=' Australia would have a dream start in every inning while India would be guaranteed of a nightmarish start!![/quote'] Not really it would simply read 30 overs no runs no wickets. New ball gone whiloe the rest can cash in. On the other hand with Akash Chopra in hospital i hope he is al right now.