World's fastest pitch awaits Australia

Gambit

India will struggle to last five days at WACA: Chris Rogers India will struggle to last five days at WACA: Chris Rogers that is what he is saying might b what ought to happen!!! though i am a die-hard indian fan, i do realize that it does has sense with johnson,lee,clark n SHAUN TAIT (likely 2 join instead of hogg), it would b very difficult 4 us 2 survive our batsmen hv rarely done well in such conditions if even one of their bowlers is on roll, united we fall like a pack of cards I would hate to face the Australian quicks on that sort of wicket: Chris Rogers

Sachin,Laxman and Gnguly all prefers ball coming nicely on to the bat and they all will enjoy the true bounce of WACA pitch plus all the three are in terrific form. Dravid is one batsman who has always played well on those kind of pitches and he's back in form...So I don't think we'll have that tough a time out there. Attack should be the mantra and what better way than unviel Viru-The Dasher.

Waca track excites Ishant

Canberra: Young Indian quick Ishant Sharma can’t wait to bowl on the Waca track but is confused about the right length. India face Australia in the third Test at Perth starting Wednesday and Ishant is excited at the prospect of bowling on the world’s fastest surface. “I have spoken to my seniors about it and am told it helps fast bowlers a great deal. But I have to learn a lot and am not looking too far ahead,†Ishant said. “The right thing would probably be to bowl full length at the start of the innings and then pull it back,†he said. The lanky fast bowler felt he hadn’t bowled particularly well in the series so far. “I have bowled well in patches and sometimes I miss my rhythm. Then I ask Dhoni and others and they help me.†The 19-year-old pacer impressed everyone with his approach in Sydney even though he ended wicketless. He looked back at the experience with a tinge of disappointment. “I wouldn’t dwell on the dismissal which didn’t happen (the appeal on Andrew Symonds where the batsman appeared to nick behind). This is part and parcel of the game, sometimes batsmen are given out when they are not out,†Ishant said. He was the last batsman to fall on the dramatic last day of the SCG Test when Michael Clarke claimed three wickets in an over to take Australia to their 16th straight Test win. “I was disappointed I couldn’t last the final minutes of the Sydney game. We should have drawn that one,†he said. Chris Rogers, the left-handed opener tipped to replace the injured Matthew Hayden in the Australian XI for the Perth Test, believed it would be a good experience for the Indian bowlers to bowl at Waca, especially Ishant. “If you are tall, Waca is a good place to bowl. He would enjoy the experience even though Australia have as good a batting line up as any. “It’s also a bit different bowling at Waca. You have to change the length a bit, and it would be important how they bowl into the wind. That is always one of the biggest test for a fast bowler,†the western Australian said.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080112/jsp/sports/story_8773480.jsp

India will struggle to last five days at WACA: Chris Rogers that is what he is saying might b what ought to happen!!! though i am a die-hard indian fan, i do realize that it does has sense with johnson,lee,clark n SHAUN TAIT (likely 2 join instead of hogg), it would b very difficult 4 us 2 survive our batsmen hv rarely done well in such conditions if even one of their bowlers is on roll, united we fall like a pack of cards I would hate to face the Australian quicks on that sort of wicket: Chris Rogers
One question. WTF is Chris Rogers?

Chris Rogers is the standby opener in case Hayden fails to recover for the Perth test. He also played in one of the English counties in the season when Zaheer was going great guns and Rogers was a walking wicket for him. Sad that Zaheer is not playing now. Rogers plays for Western Australia and has a good FC record. He was also the skipper of Australia A team which had visited Pakistan a few months back.

the who will open with Jacques at Perth.
Chris Rogers is the standby opener in case Hayden fails to recover for the Perth test. He also played in one of the English counties in the season when Zaheer was going great guns and Rogers was a walking wicket for him. Sad that Zaheer is not playing now. Rogers plays for Western Australia and has a good FC record. He was also the skipper of Australia A team which had visited Pakistan a few months back.
Oh ok. Thanks guys. So this guy is yet to play an international game and has already started running his mouth? :hysterical:
It will be tough to survive Aussie pacers at WACA: Akram Perth (PTI): Pakistan great Wasim Akram has warned Indian batsmen to be on their guard to survive an Australian pace onslaught at the world's fastest pitch, the WACA, in the third Test starting January 16. "I believe it's (the pitch) a throwback to the 70s and 80s when it only used to fly around the eye level and above," remarked Akram, doing television commentary on the current tour. Akram vividly recalled how he bowled a good length delivery to Australian opener David Boon who, even as he came forward, was surprised to see it rear up and hit him smack on the face. Akram said he wants India to do well here but felt they will find it tough to survive there. The former left-arm pacer said Akram feels that Indians need to keep the WACA factor out of their minds if they were to do good. "Most importantly, they need to really field well. On that sort of surface, sure catching can play a big role, as well as good ground fielding." Australian Test hopeful Chris Rogers said the real struggle is to make the first 20 runs and thereafter the batsmen can begin to have a feel of the surface. "But 20 runs are a lot of runs to get through on that sort of surface," Akram remarked chillingly. The lead for the Indians ought to come from batting great Sachin Tendulkar who is the lone Indian to have played a Test at the dreaded WACA in 1992. ----------------------------------- So well???

Perth Test ? - can they handle the pace? After a woeful 1st test and a 2nd test which was beyond their control ( umpiring of course ) India has to face up to some very poor batting performance from it stars, now that the sledging/racism/name calling fiasco is somewhat out of the way. While self professed experts at playing spin, the Indians ability to handle what is Australia's fastest wicket will come under close scrutiny as Brad Hogg is probably rested, giving Shaun Tait a green light to serve up the 150 km/h screamers he has been able to bowl on the ground earlier in the year. Will we see a bravaura performance from the Sub-Continent's finest, with Lee and Tait hurling lightning fast balls down at them? Will they be able to score off a miserly Stuart Clark ( who is quickly replacing Glenn McGrath as the aussie team's pinpoint accurate bowler, while not conceding many runs ) and part time spinner Michael Clarke. I think they face tough times to salvage some self respect from the score of 2-0. Maybe they will draw inspiration from the 2nd test in what they proclaim should have been a win. Your thoughts? ( pls keep positive and no comments on the obvious, let's keep this limited to just their cricketing abilities thanks )....also, here's some photos from the dressing room of the SCG, Indian team watching the game...

OK, so what reply do you expect here YES or NO What difference does it make, nobody knows the answer; we would have to wait and watch. A reply for an aussie fan: They will be offered chin music on every ball, they will fall down, duck, miss hit and get caught in the gully and bundle out for 100 runs A reply for Indian fans The faster they come, the faster they will reach the boundary, lee will be hit for plenty and tait will write his own fate.