Hogg's 'bastard' defence; India withdraw complaint on Hogg

DesiChap

Guest dada_rocks
Monkey is racist. Bastard is simply rude. Thats the difference. It was a weak tit-for-tat counterclaim. Kumble was right to withdraw. You all know that Monkey is racist. Many indians on this list are using it as a racist term with pictures for extra proof. You just feel its clever not to admit it and refer to the non racist context we all use when we call our kids "naughty little monkeys". Even the administrators on this site have said I should not use the term "curry monkey", which is further proof!! Browns cannot call blacks monkey and be suprised when everyone says "look in the mirror".
So bunch of white racist ba$tards ( hope thsi word says how u mate) have bene calling blacks; monkeys as a racial slur.. one day they suddenly decided this word must be taken out of lexicon altogether so now those who had bene using these terms with no racists connotation for thier children for their adults in fact for anyone suddenly must drop this...> So basically we are bearing the brunt of the guilt of white race.... Kare koi bhare koi
Guest dada_rocks

Kumble hereby becomes dhakkan for me.. Jesus these guys are still givign these aussies clowns benfit of doubt.. Meanwhile Gilly says we will keep doing what we have been doing

Australians vow to keep playing hard January 14, 2008 15:06 IST Australia's cricketers have vowed to stick with their traditional win-at-all-costs approach to this week's third Test against India despite stinging criticism of their behaviour in last week's second Test. The Australians were widely condemned for their on-field conduct in Sydney -- with Indian skipper Anil Kumble [images] accusing them of breaching the spirit of the game -- even though they did not break any rules of the game. The Australian players have acknowledged they made some mistakes but say they have no intentions of abandoning their aggressive nature for a softer version. Column: Why Ponting should be banned "We want to keep playing the way we've played for what we think is in the right manner for quite a while, for a long, long while," vice-captain Adam Gilchrist [images] told a news conference on Monday. "We'll continue to strive to be the best at everything we do, that's what we strive for and that's why we've been able to dominate world cricket for so long, and that filters right through every step of Australian cricket. "We'll continue to try to do that and we'll continue to try to get more things right than we get wrong. Occasionally there'll be the odd little thing that we don't get right and I don't think that necessarily needs to lead to the amount of interest or discussion we've seen." GOOD SPIRITS Gilchrist said he was confident this week's match would be played in good spirits after both teams got caught up in the emotion of last week's match. "We're all big boys and we can all get on with it," he said. "They let off their steam after the game and we let off our steam and now we get on with the next game. Complete coverage: Tour gone sour "I think everyone's sensible enough to have understood the issues." Gilchrist said the controversy had at least ensured there would be plenty of interest in the remaining two matches after Australia retained the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by winning the first two games. Australia's win last week saw them equal the world record of 16 consecutive Test victories and Gilchrist said they had their eyes set on breaking that mark. "There will be a bit of fire in everyone's bellies at the start but I think both teams are professional enough that once the ball is bowled we'll just get underway and just get back into cricket mode," Gilchrist said. "We're desperately keen to get this 17th win, we also want to win the series, we don't want a drawn series even though we've retained the trophy. "It's great there's so much excitement about this test match. A lot of people would say its a dead rubber, but it's far from that." Gary Kirsten, who has arrived in Australia this week to act as a consultant to the Indian team before he takes over as coach in March, said it is up to the players from both teams to make sure the game was played the right way. "I think the important thing now is to try and put this behind us," Kirsten said. "I've certainly seen that within the Indian team. They want to move on from the controversy of the last week. They want to go out and play cricket again." http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jan/14aus.htm

This kind of Gandhian nonsense of self-inflicted morality has harmed us not only in Cricket but in several other matters which are bothering to our nation more than this. Current aussies are wannabe pakis....we are trying to appease scoundrels like harami Pomting, it's bound to be counter-productive. Although, it could be under BCCI pressure, since aor babus are busy counting the pile of ca$sh they are accumulating day by day. Who cares for Nations pride, honor and dignity??? We dhimmi Indians deserve such treatment!!

Procter lauds India for "magnificent gesture" Match Referee Mike Procter on Monday lauded the visiting Indian team for dropping charges against Australian spinner Brad Hogg. "It was a magnificent gesture by the Indians," said Procter after the tourists dropped a racial abuse allegation against Hogg. The hearing of Hogg, scheduled for the evening, ended in a stunning manner when Indians dropped the charge despite believing in themselves that they had a sure winner on their hands. Hogg was accused by the Indians for abusing Indian captain and vice captain Anil Kumble and Mahendra Singh Dhoni on the fifth afternoon of the Sydney Test last week. Meanwhile, Hogg himself was relieved that the charge hadn't been pursued against him. "It's a kind gesture by the Indian team and it's much appreciated by myself and the Australian cricket team," said the spinner. The tourists hope this goodwill gesture will help them in the case of Harbhajan Singh whose appeal to overturn the three-match ban, for allegedly racially abusing Andrew Symonds, is still pending. Chief match referee Ranjan Madugalle, however, wasn't sure if the Australians can drop the case against Harbhajan in a similar manner the Indians have done against Hogg. "Technically, no," said Madugalle, when asked about the possibility. The Indians had roped in Sourav Ganguly as a witness of the aborted hearing who, despite suffering from high fever, had presented himself for the meeting which never took place. India captain Anil Kumble said no individual was bigger than the game and his team decided to drop the charges for the sake of the series. "We made the complaint against Hogg in the heat of the moment and we decided to withdraw it," he said. "We approached the board today and they gave us permission to do so because we decided to move forward," Kumble said.

Damn, I should have seen this coming... ' Of course he would have withdrawn the complaint. People here should realize that the Hogg complaint was purely retaliatory in the first place, but for Bhajji's controversy, this one wouldnt even have happened. But when Aus went ahead and complained about Bhajji despite Kumble's request to settle it off the field, Ind was looking for a good tit-for-tat move that will a) Divert a bit of attention away from the Bhajji remark b) Expose how silly Aus move to complain about Bhajji was in the first place. Now, both of those were achieved. The public opinion had turned decisively against Aus for reporting Bhajji. Many past players have come out and said " What Bhajji did was wrong, but Aus shouldnt have complained, it looked school boyish". Mission accomplished, Ind do the smart thing and withdraw the complaint. Bear in mind, we have nothing to gain or lose from Hogg being punished, so by withdrawing the complaint, its like saying to the whole world - " We were always going do it, we just did it in the first place to show you how silly things have become". Now, Aus is in a quandry. Its too late for them to withdraw the complain, coz they have sounded very serious on this and will look stupid if the withdraw the complaint now and If Bhajji is punished, Aus will have bear with another round of bad publicity. Wow, India has tactically and comprehensively outmaneuvered Aus in this whole episode ! It all makes sense now.

Guest dada_rocks
""We made the complaint against Hogg in the heat of the moment and we decided to withdraw it," he said..
Another indian succumbs to the lure of UN position.. See how he is shouting he is given to outburst whereas even now after all thsi $hit Gilchrist is saying they did nothign wrong and will keep doing what they did so far.. Why the fcuk are we given to this kind of emotional undershoot and overshoot

India wants Procter to decide on captain's pact PERTH, JAN 14 (PTI) Rival captains Anil Kumble and Ricky Ponting may have vowed to uphold the spirit of the game during today's reconciliation meeting but there is at least one major issue that has still not been sorted out. Before the series, both the Indian and Australian captains had entered an mutual agreement, under which it was decided to go by the word of the fielder in case of close catches. But with the Australians not bothering to care for it in the Sydney Test, the Indian camp has put the ball in Match Referee Mike Procter's court, saying it was upto him to decide whether to continue with the gentleman's pact. "Even though the two captains had previously committed themselves on this understanding, the decision was taken at the consent and guidance of the match referee," media manager MV Sridhar said. "Now it is up to the match referee to ask the two captains their views on this issue and then a decision would be arrived after the three parties, the two captains and the match referee, reach a decision," he said. In the ill-tempered Sydney Test, Ricky Ponting and Andrew Symonds edged behind but did not walk, while Michael Clarke stood his ground even after Rahul Dravid had taken a clean catch off Anil Kumble in the slips. When India was battling to save the match on the final day, Clarke took a catch to remove Sourav Ganguly even though it apparently came off the ground. Mark Benson went by the word of Ricky Ponting, who said he had full belief in the fielder. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: They deserved what they got...bend over mister skjipper for some more. I really don't understand what all this drama was all about. Mr. Kumble got the nation all emotional to the point of boiling on;ly to back down and \bend over. I have no sympathy for him. Even the media has started questioning what the drama was all about. Very diaappointing. Trusting ponting and proctor again. Well done suckers

Guest dada_rocks

MEanwhile Aussies kind of keep thumping chest and in all probability wil keep doing what they did.. I just hope idiot Kumble has minimum sense of dropping of that clean-catch pact

From Hindu: Charges against Harbhajan can't be dropped now: ICC New Delhi (PTI): India's decision to drop charges against Australian Brad Hogg may have raised hopes of a similar reprieve for Harbhajan Singh but the ICC on Monday made it clear that the case against the Indian off-spinner cannot be withdrawn at this stage. According to ICC rules, a charge cannot be withdrawn once an Appeals Commissioner has been appointed. Chief match referee Ranjan Madugalle, who acted as the peace broker during the reconciliation meeting between rival captains Anil Kumble and Ricky Ponting in Perth, said, "Technically, no" when asked about whether the charge could be dropped. ICC sources pointed out that the charges against Hogg were laid by India's administrative manager Chetan Chauhan, who later withdrew it before the hearing. But in Harbhajan's case, the charges were brought by both the on-field umpires, after which ICC appointed John Hansen as the Appeals Commissioner. "The process would go the full distance in this case", the source said. Harbhajan was slapped with a three-match ban by Match Referee Mike Proctor who found the Indian off-spinner guilty of racially abusing Australia's Andrew Symonds during the ill-tempered second Test in Sydney. Harbhajan has decided to appeal against the ruling but the ICC has still not fixed a date for the hearing.

Team kept in the dark LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI

Perth: Neither Team India captain Anil Kumble nor manager Chetan Chauhan took everybody into confidence before dropping the charge against Brad Hogg. The following is how the ones contacted by The Telegraph, at the Hyatt Regency, reacted: Senior batsman: I’m not sure whether others were told or not, but I knew… If I had to complain each time I heard b****** on the field, then much of my career would’ve been spent in the rooms of Match Referees! We’ve taken a stand and the world knows about it. Another senior batsman: I had no idea… Obviously, the Board has had a hand… A senior: Look, in any case, I don’t believe in things being carried to the Match Referee’s room… I believe in playing hard, but it should all be left on the field. Senior bowler: Is it? But have the Australians shown any gesture? We’ve proved that there’s a difference between them and us, but what are they doing? Another bowler: It’s news to me… Nobody told me anything… I didn’t go around asking either… I prefer doing my bit and that’s it. Yet another bowler: Oh… Senior member of the support staff: What are you saying? Is it true? With all the pressure on Australia now, it’s going to be interesting…

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080115/jsp/sports/story_8784129.jsp