Bharat Ratna...

SachDan

Its high time Sachin Tendulkar be conferred with 'Bharat Ratna'... If a fim director and a musician can be awarded the top honour of the country, why not a sports person who has been bringing joy and excitement to millions of fans all across the globe for the last eighteen years or so?

Sachin will undoubtedly be the first sportsperson to receive the Bharat Ratna' date=' after a while, maybe not now.[/quote'] It has not been given for the last nine years or so..if BJP puts pressure on congress to award Bharat Ratna to Vajpayee, then we dont know how many more years it will take for SRT to be a BR.
When Sachin retires' date=' we must rename an entire city to his name, in his honor.[/quote'] Sri...I am confused whether you are making fun of me with all my SRT threads.... When I expressed my concerns about Sachin going in to the 3rd and crucial day of SCG..and Bucknor being seen as a villian, you want entire Jamaica to be taken off the world map if Bucknor made any mistake!!!!!!! Now this..:confused_smile:
Sri...I am confused whether you are making fun of me with all my SRT threads.... When I expressed my concerns about Sachin going in to the 3rd and crucial day of SCG..and Bucknor being seen as a villian, you want entire Jamaica to be taken off the world map if Bucknor made any mistake!!!!!!! Now this..:confused_smile:
Hey Chill dude, I was just foolin 'round.. I was also VERY apprehensive/angry with Bucknor but I generally express my fear in non-serious ways..Thats all. Definitely aint making fun of you !
Sri...you are serious this time around..no? if so :two_thumbs_up:
Of Course I am dead serious. Make no mistake, sometimes, its not the award that glorifies a person, but the recipient who glorifies the legacy of the award. If Sachin doesnt deserve the Bharat Ratna, I dont know who does.

@ sri...."The idea itself is infantile. It is not about looking for a youth icon, as he is already much celebrated and paid well. He is paid more then cricketers deserve especially in comparison to other sportsmen and women and what is so great about playing bat and ball?” questioned Kishwar. This is what one bullsh*t expert had to say on a popular TV channel. Madhu Kishwar s@cks.

Guest dada_rocks
He has received Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratna award. That is the highest one can get to from sports. Though you never know...
SO he is already tainted I guess he won't mind getting another tainted award Bharat ratna in that case..