Blunderz u did in your life till date

Cricketics

Once, silly arguement with my father as some relatives were present at the scene. I curse myself, till date when I think about it, I should have apologized to him for that unnecessary thing.....aah father continued telling everyone that I am the most obedient son in this universe.....damn me. My stint with RSS ended in a rather bad way due to my own early days ego.....started attending Shakhas during our stay in Andheri (East).......during college days, a new instructor joined from Nasik, proud Marathi-Manus type guy. I use to be an outspoken guy, boasting culture and philosophy of land of uttar-pradesh as if UP is the only best thing happened to India after chapati. One fine day, he mocked my UP type English accent and others started supporting him (some were just joking to have fun, I guess). Suddenly, I don't know why, it driven me so crazy that I gave a mouthfull of gaali-galauch I had, the worst was that I passed derogatory remarks about Marathis and walked away, they all were looking at me in shock. After that probably due to shyness I never attended Shakhas, a friend of mine came next day to call me and I gave him an excuse. Later, as we shifted in a new home in Goregaon, contacts got cut-off. The major loss was some good contacts with local influencial people...a few years back I came to know that one of the elder guys who attended the Shakhas with us later got elcetd for Corporator Mumbai Municipality election, Incidentally he is also from UP and I use to have a good relation with me during those days, anyway that cleared my prejudice that Mumbai-RSS is Marathi dominated.

15 years may sound like a long time' date=' sometimes it is, and sometimes even with 15 years its not a big deal...and [u']I agree it depends on ur personal situation - so yes, it may be irreversible for some folks. However, I doubt if everyone here who considers this as 'biggest blunder' is indeed in such irreversible situation.
It is only reversible without any issues if you can go back 15 years. It can be the biggest blunder of your life, but at this point in time it may not be the top most thing you need to rectify or might not be even possible to rectify instantly given the other things in your life.

Without doubt, doing two useless degrees in engineering. First one was excusable, coz I was too young then and had to go along with my parents' word and "Become an engineer"... The second one was an unpardonable blunder, because it was my own choice.Shame on me for not being brave enough and ending up making the choices most guys make.

On a lesser level, I still kick myself for doing this thing, In my under-grad, there was this two girls with whom i was close friends. I used to do all sorts of masti-pranks with them, like impersonating some one else over phone or pretending to be the cell-phone company and scaring them them with all sorts of stories. But all the time, they somehow found out it was me and used to poke fun at me on the next day in class. It went to such an extent that one of 'em told me " Sriram, you will never be able to fool us" and i was really pissed at hearing this, So i told her " Ok, I challenge you both that, within the next one month, i will fool both of you" and they accepted it. So, one fine day, when all dust had settled and challenge was forgotten, I called up one 'em and told her " That I really like you, I am really interested in you, Do you also feel the same way ? " The girl was truly shocked in hearing me say this and mumbled something over phone and hung-up. She then, as expected, called up the other girl, with whom i was much closer to, and told her that " sriram called me and told me all such things" . She was surprised too and immediately called me and told me stuff like " You shouldnt have done that, you could have atleast asked me before doing such a thing"... In the entire evening, I acted as though i was very apologetic and merrily went to college the next day. When those girls saw me, they were evidently uncomfortable. In the interval, I slowly called them up and told them " I was just kidding and all this was just for the challenge". Contrary to what i had intially expected, the girls, on hearing this, became even more angry at me and hammered me for " playing around with them"... Apparently, the girl to whom i had " proposed" was upset all night and couldnt sleep properly and all that stuff. To this day, i still regret that chain of events.

MM your story reminds me of a night when I was drunk at a bachelor's party and a friend of mine whom I had known for 7-8 years sent me a message from India. My friends were just messing around and one of them wrote a reply "will u marry me ?" and then said shall we send it .. I was too drunk and thought she would take it as a joke and let them send it. To my surprise her reply was "what took you so long to ask, when you come to India then we'll talk about it. Cant wait to see you". I had the most uncomfortable 30 mins of my life when I saw her next. :nervous:

MM your story reminds me of a night when I was drunk at a bachelor's party and a friend of mine whom I had known for 7-8 years sent me a message from India. My friends were just messing around and one of them wrote a reply "will u marry me ?" and then said shall we send it .. I was too drunk and thought she would take it as a joke and let them send it. To my surprise her reply was "what took you so long to ask, when you come to India then we'll talk about it. Cant wait to see you". I had the most uncomfortable 30 mins of my life when I saw her next. :nervous:
:omg::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So I suppose the moral of the story is to keep it in your pants when you are drunk, it being cellphone of course..

One thing that I have realized, from personal experiences and observation, is that it takes only one moment of anger/stupidity/betrayal/insensitiveness to absolutely kill a relationship, whatever its nature be. Human relationships are like a castle made from cards. It is painstaking to build but can be destroyed totally in a matter of moments. After that " proposing" incident the nature of interaction between that girl and me has never been the same. We generally tried to avoid each other whenever we met in a get-together or a friends place. Of course, time is the best healer. Just recently, after more than 2 years, she called me and inquired about my general whereabouts, and we have been corresponding with each other since then, though, not surprisingly, we still avoid talking about the "Incident" :D

One thing that i realized, from personal experiences and observation, is that it takes only one moment of anger/stupidity/betrayal/insensitiveness to absolutely kill a relationship, whatever its nature be. Human relationships are like a castle made from cards. It is painstaking to build but can be destroyed totally in a matter of moments. After that " proposing" incident the nature of interaction between that girl and me has never been the same. We generally tried to avoid each other whenever we met in a get-together or a friends place. Of course, time is the best healer. Just recently, after more than 2 years, she called me and inquired about my general whereabouts, and we have been corresponding with each other since then, though, not surprisingly, we still avoid talking about the "Incident" :D
You are 100% correct :musicus:

OK, you wanna talk about relationship Blunders 1) After 12th ( High School ) - came to study B.B.A @ Hoftra in Long Island, NY. I went back to India after a month as I was missing my gf whom I met before leaving - guess what she told me when I went back, I only said I like you, I never said I love you 2) 1995- Left for Switzerland for further studies - called up this girl who was asking me out all the time and I stood her up the day I flew - I apologized 8 years later when I got the chance 3) I got a great job at Sharjah Intercontinental as Mgmt trainee after uncles Dubai influence, I left the job for the same girl in point 1) and came back for her again -. 2 weeks later the hotel became Holiday Inn Crown Plaza and the Mgmt trainee program was moved to London. When I came back, nothing happened..she eventually married a H-1 Geek and is living in San Fran now 4) I was in in US from 96-99, for a small mistake; I left my career there too 5) I got married assuming I found my soul mate, but its a different ball game when you sleep under the same roof Relationship - not my darn cup of tea

OK, you wanna talk about relationship Blunders 1) After 12th ( High School ) - came to study B.B.A @ Hoftra in Long Island, NY. I went back to India after a month as I was missing my gf whom I met before leaving - guess what she told me when I went back, I only said I like you, I never said I love you 3) I got a great job at Sharjah Intercontinental as Mgmt trainee after uncles Dubai influence, I left the job for the same girl in point 1) and came back for her again -. 2 weeks later the hotel became Holiday Inn Crown Plaza and the Mgmt trainee program was moved to London. When I came back, nothing happened..she eventually married a H-1 Geek and is living in San Fran now Relationship - not my darn cup of tea
Those are the kind of stories that makes a worthy reading. Most people in this world get married/spend entire life without making such stories Rajeev. Trust me if you wrote a story on your life I would love to read it. About relationships here is a fun story of my life. I once spent 5000 $ for a hug for one of my ex. Yes it was nothing sexual at all but she needed a company and I dropped everything off my plate. Not a blunder, though my banker shall say so :nervous:

Those are the kind of stories that makes a worthy reading. Most people in this world get married/spend entire life without making such stories Rajeev. Trust me if you wrote a story on your life I would love to read it. About relationships here is a fun story of my life. I once spent 5000 $ for a hug for one of my ex. Yes it was nothing sexual at all but she needed a company and I dropped everything off my plate. Not a blunder, though my banker shall say so :nervous:
..I wanted to add one more in there, which I didn't share..apparently you know about it. :hatsoff:

..you flew down somewhere? and there was no ticket available and you paid full price?

wow.. you guys are items:D I dont generally dwell on the past.. but my life's greatest regret/blunder would be to leave karate-do right after I reached my black belt. But then again, circumstances forced me to leave..(10th grade, ICSE, etc). My regret would be to not have taken it up again.