Sreesanth, Munaf have to prove fitness at NCA: BCCI

kabira

Yea' date= what does using a phone got to do with being focussed ? Sreesanth comes up with some of the most amazing statements sometimes. Is he really that dumb or is acting like one ?
Because phone is a distraction. For that matter most technologies are. Put yourself in Sreesanth's shoes. You are a person who has been to put it mildly controversial. So if you are unreachable for 23 days it means you are not distracted by your friend, colleague, some chirpy journalist asking "What do you feel about Clarke's catch" yada yada. Most likely he would come back not only healthier but also refresh.
Because phone is a distraction. For that matter most technologies are. Put yourself in Sreesanth's shoes. You are a person who has been to put it mildly controversial. So if you are unreachable for 23 days it means you are not distracted by your friend, colleague, some chirpy journalist asking "What do you feel about Clarke's catch" yada yada. Most likely he would come back not only healthier but also refresh.
The solution for such things is not to totally boycott such technologies, but use some filters at the initial levels. In this case, Sree should have had separate numbers to attend personal and professional calls or have personal assistants attend his calls. Most celebrities do that. To say - " I didnt attend any calls for 3 weeks" seems a bit extreme to me. The guy is grown up enough to realize what is good and bad for him and not have his parents tell him what to do.
Yea, what does using a phone got to do with being focussed ? Sreesanth comes up with some of the most amazing statements sometimes. Is he really that dumb or is acting like one ?
Phones are a major distraction and i used to always switch them off a month before my exams. On an average a person gets 3-4 calls a day ... thats about 30 -45 mins of prime time gone down the drain. A guy like Sreesanth must be getting loads of calls everyday from fans, agents etc.
The solution for such things is not to totally boycott such technologies' date= but use some filters at the initial levels. In this case, Sree should have had separate numbers to attend personal and professional calls or have personal assistants attend his calls. Most celebrities do that.
People react to situations in different ways Sriram. I was once so hooked on my cellphone, well it was a hot steamy thing between me and a gal, which meant I was kinda looking forward to calls/texts every few minutes. So much so that it affected my work. I stopped taking my phone to work, and even when I did I left it in my car. Was tough but did that for a week. I suppose we have all been there. Hooked on to checking emails every few minutes, going to same old website every so often etc etc. Sometimes it is much easier, and effective, to just chug the whole thing rather than filter it. Of course if you are able to do so then all power to you. xxx
Phones are a major distraction and i used to always switch them off a month before my exams. On an average a person gets 3-4 calls a day ... thats about 30 -45 mins of prime time gone down the drain. A guy like Sreesanth must be getting loads of calls everyday from fans' date= agents etc.
A month before the exams ? Dude, you are one serious prep guy i must say ! Extreme measure NEVER work, the key is to have a balance.
People react to situations in different ways Sriram. I was once so hooked on my cellphone, well it was a hot steamy thing between me and a gal, which meant I was kinda looking forward to calls/texts every few minutes. So much so that it affected my work. I stopped taking my phone to work, and even when I did I left it in my car. Was tough but did that for a week. I suppose we have all been there. Hooked on to checking emails every few minutes, going to same old website every so often etc etc. Sometimes it is much easier, and effective, to just chug the whole thing rather than filter it. Of course if you are able to do so then all power to you. xxx
To be honest Lurks, isnt that sad reflection of your lack of self-control ? Though, I can understand what you say, coz even i have been in such situations before..
To be honest Lurks' date=' isnt that sad reflection of your lack of self-control ? Though, I can understand what you say, coz even i have been in such situations before..[/quote'] Can't say it as a lack of self-control but more a case of dependence on something that I probably shouldnt have and by the time I realized it was too late. It is the same for a lot of us, most of us really. Look around and you will see people doing the same things - hooked on internet, hooked on coffee, hooked on eating out, hooked on spending money every other week and so on. Heck arent we all guilty of following too much cricket? If you are 25 years old and have spent a good 10 years watching/following cricket everyday for say 2 hours it comes a solid 7300 hours "wasted". In the context of Sreesanth what it meant was that he had one less distration to worry about, no calls from peers, no browsing web on iPhone, no texts from journos asking - did you hear this - etc etc. Of course this is all conjencture and he may have just got fed up with his phone! I mean iPhone are cr@p...ask Holy :haha:
Can't say it as a lack of self-control but more a case of dependence on something that I probably shouldnt have and by the time I realized it was too late. It is the same for a lot of us, most of us really. Look around and you will see people doing the same things - hooked on internet, hooked on coffee, hooked on eating out, hooked on spending money every other week and so on. Heck arent we all guilty of following too much cricket? If you are 25 years old and have spent a good 10 years watching/following cricket everyday for say 2 hours it comes a solid 7300 hours "wasted". In the context of Sreesanth what it meant was that he had one less distration to worry about, no calls from peers, no browsing web on iPhone, no texts from journos asking - did you hear this - etc etc. Of course this is all conjencture and he may have just got fed up with his phone! I mean iPhone are cr@p...ask Holy :haha:
Most people try to justify mediocrity by saying " Well, thats how most people are". Of course, all of us have our failings, none of are perfect. But ideally, I would like to judge myself by comparing with the best and not with the worst. After all, if life all relative, then all of us are better than someone :D
Most people try to justify mediocrity by saying " Well' date=' thats how most people are". Of course, all of us have our failings, none of are perfect. But ideally, [b']I would like to judge myself by comparing with the best and not with the worst. After all, if life all relative, then all of us are better than someone :D
Nah. Why compare with anyone - best or worst? Each one of us have our own failings and thats what makes us tick everyday. No need to compare as such, just that it is always good to learn there are people out there with similar fallacies. Such idiosyncracies is what makes Sreesanth ticks and if it works for him I am happy for him :regular_smile:
Nah. Why compare with anyone - best or worst? Each one of us have our own failings and thats what makes us tick everyday. No need to compare as such, just that it is always good to learn there are people out there with similar fallacies. Such idiosyncracies is what makes Sreesanth ticks and if it works for him I am happy for him :regular_smile:
Yes, that is so true.

i dont know why people find it even amusing about tht phone quote.... heck, i have used it and we all use it here..... wen i went on a vacation, it was casual to say, i havent touched up a phone or laptop in 10 days.... it is a figure of speech saying tht u had a real get-away from everything.....