Restructuring Team India

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

There are two aspects .

If n testsl cricket ,captaincy is about leading from the front.Because of the length of format ,in tests regardless of tactics teams have enough time to come back and better team invariably wins.

In ODIs it's about street smart captaincy.Always should control the flow of the Game and think on your feet .Tactics matter hugely .

Kohli is former type of Captain.Ideal for test cricket.

Dhoni was the perfect example of latter.Thats why we won so many trophies under Dhoni.Gambhir and Rohit are also pretty good in the latter regard.

Now Kohli either needs to learn how to captain in shorter formats or we are screwed for 2019 world cup as well.

Agreed , yes kohli needs to learn asap

We cant throw him out as of now - he has the wins, he has earned it and his perfomance is good

But its important he learns it quick from dhoni........thats one of the reason i still want dhoni in the team. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I hope few players seek last minute fake injuries to avoid that tour - like kohli, umesh , jadeja

Not inly 5 but add t20 game to.....They shud be given all the games 

This team was picked before ct they thought we would easily win or lose to eng 

I doubt they expected pak atall

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nair?????? As of nw there are many better options then him for LOI cricket

Mandeep is a hack, a poor version of suresh raina. Shudnt be even on radar

Yes sarfraz, avesh are two potential match winners we need to look in future 

Whats a force multiplier role??????

I am looking for players around 25-27 who are ready to take on more seasoned roles in internationals.(they have several years of FC, A tours and some international experience))

Among those players i can only pick these 3.

i dont expect under 25 players to play like established players and hence not interested in them ATM without a reason. 

By force multiplier, i mean a player who is better than 99% of the others on a cricket field due to superior talent, cricketing intellect and problem solving abilities.Apart from the crucial belief, they are better than most.

Edited by youngindia
edt
3 minutes ago, youngindia said:

i dont expect under 25 players to play like established players and hence not interested in them ATM without a reason. 

Age shudnt be the criteria be old or young ....perfomance and utility shud matter and added points if players is match winner

Pant is younger then mandeep n unmukt but deserves selection above ll 

The 2 u named avesh n sarfraz are below 25 ....

Obv no body will come n play like an established player but u need give time n experience to let a player grow.

This is the same mindset our selectors n Indian system has n thats why we are not playing to our full potential

Just check at what age tendulkar, kohli , irfan n many started playing n even doing well 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Age shudnt be the criteria be old or young ....perfomance and utility shud matter and added points if players is match winner

Pant is younger then mandeep n unmukt but deserves selection above ll 

The 2 u named avesh n sarfraz are below 25 ....

Obv no body will come n play like an established player but u need give time n experience to let a player grow.

This is the same mindset our selectors n Indian system has n thats why we are not playing to our full potential

Just check at what age tendulkar, kohli , irfan n many started playing n even doing well 

i have seen players grow up in 80's, 90's and i have a clear pattern what to expect.I also have patterns from other sports like tennis.

i know what to expect.

Thats all i can say.  

Age is a factor. not the same for everyone. For an average sample and also late developers, it holds good.

Not for each and everyone. only if the guy is faster learner and superior to all his peers.its a subjective call.

if you give chances to more mortal players or even late developers like hayden and martyn(who failed early), you have to expect 

inconsistency or failure.

Even kohli played only cameo roles in the 2011 world cup.

for  guys like dhawan ,vijay,rohit and raina  its reasonable to give them test chances at  25-27 years .

for guys like sachin and kohli it may be productive to give it early.

99.5% of the players are not sachin or kohli. So the argument ends there.

Again for pant, its justified only if he is superior to all his peers in mental growth,progress,learning.

I cant say at the moment.

Also it depends on team and talent situation. When mongia and sriram were the backup players , it was justified in my eyes to take a look at gambhir, uthappa and raina

now i see better quality in the backup players like pandey, i am not interested in rushing youngsters early.

The previous generation of players got chances more early. but it will be more difficult now with better depth in batting talent.

Giving chances to ishant young maybe of little use in the long run.but it may turn out better with avesh khan if he proves a much better learner.

With the bowlers its different. bowlers have always been rushed in due to our lack of world class quality. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:31 PM, express bowling said:

Kohli is the one who has transformed Umesh as a test bowler by backing him and giving him confidence. Rahane just reaped the benefits on a helpful Dharamsala track.

Kohli has done well as a captain in tests where there is no Dhoni. So, the Dhoni's presence logic does not apply in test matches.

Where is this guy these days.... :giggle: Missed his hilarious posts