FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

Chandan, You are only trying to corner me on technicalities of thread started or not. Thats meaningless. I will criticize players if they are doing sub par performance. But not necessarily for each and every match.
No. You are not at all fair to every player. So just don't say that every player means the same to you.

Chandan, I cannot tear open my heart like what Hanuman did to show Rama inside. All these cricketers are the same. Perform and stay in the team. If u dont perform for a while, then pack ur bags and prove it in domestics. Same rule for ZK, same for everyone and anyone. They are highly compensated to do one and only one job - get Team India to win whoever the opposition is. Thats all I care. I dont have any sentimental value for these players. If ur done with ur job, retire, and we'll get the next player from bench and he performs and stays, or goes out too. No senti, senti, mushy mushy.

You might be saying it, but your actions don't prove that, I'm afraid. And you say that you don't have sentiments for anyone? I've never seen anyone as anxious as you when a match is going on!! So your actions on the message board, your threads, your comments don't back up your statement that every player is the same to you as I pointed out. That is why you're not answering those questions. So leave this "what you want to be" behind and enjoy "what you are" instead!!

If i have followed finey's comments right, she's a bit of an unrealistic Indian fan. Even the Aussie team would struggle to meet her expectations. I dont think she has an agenda against players, but her expectations of our bowling, batting & fielding are just hard to match.

Yes, I am tense when a match goes on. I am emotional about India winning the match. But players are there to perform. They have to do their job, or answer for their lack of performance. If they dont perform, then they cannot remain there becos they are Maharaj or something.

If i have followed finey's comments right' date=' she's a bit of an unrealistic Indian fan. Even the Aussie team would struggle to meet her expectations. I dont think she has an agenda against players, but her expectations of our bowling, batting & fielding are just hard to match.[/quote'] I don't think any one has an agenda against any player. Why should anyone have that? Does any of us know here any player personally and has regular interaction with him to be pro or against him? No. It is just on this message board that I've come to know about this divide. All the fans want their team to win and no body wants anyone to fail. That is it!!
Yes, I am tense when a match goes on. I am emotional about India winning the match. But players are there to perform. They have to do their job, or answer for their lack of performance. If they dont perform, then they cannot remain there becos they are Maharaj or something.
It is just your thinking that someone is a Maharaj. I told you how someone can call you anti Sachin as how easily you call many as Sachin worshipper. Why on earth will a player be a maharaj? Try to understand the logics and things would be much easier for you to digest.
Ok, then a question or two for you fineleg: 1. Why do you have high expectation from Sachin alone, if he is as good or bad as any other player? I didn't see you creating threads lambasting Jaffer in the last three tests, Dravid in the first two tests, Yuvi in the first two tests, Dhoni in this series for batting and so on? Why? Why don't you have expectations from them? 2.You were quite angry with Sachin getting dismissed for 13 in the second inning here but I witnessed no such thing for Dravid? Why? Not even for Ganguly and Jaffer. Why? 3. When VVS was batting with the tailenders and giving them strike, I did not read a single "VVS is selfish" thread from you or cursing him for not shielding the tailenders even once. Why? In fact there was no criticism of VVS getting dismissed despite being set. Why? So your comment that you are not anti SRT and all the players are same to you doesn't seem true. Are you are saying that just to please yourself? Because all the above comments from me show that you have something against SRT.
Good post Chandan.

i am sorry to intrude in to the-almost-personal conversation- playing cricket, especially batting is not like writing program or developing a software, because the conditions differ. many unpredictable factors like regular swing, reverse swing, white ball, red ball,cloud cover, bounce,spinning track,shooters,snorters, and umpiring, partner who is playing at the other end,match situation, pressure, timing, sledging and a lot many things. then there is form.