The Irony of It

Dhondy

Don't you just love to revisit these things? Before the Test match, Chris Rogers said something to the effect that India wouldn't last 5 days at Perth. As it turned out, it was Australia who didn't. And Rogers' career is over. F*ck! Why, oh why do people use their mouth as footwear?

Guest HariSampath

Stuart Clark's : a Failed astrologer :-) Clark predicts 4-0 whitewash over India Agencies Posted online: Friday, October 26, 2007 at 0000 hrs IST Sydney, October 26: Australian seamer Stuart Clark has predicted that Australia would blank the visiting Indian cricket team 4-0 in the upcoming Test series. The lanky fast-medium bowler, thus, carried on the tradition of the great Glenn McGrath who had a habit of making such pre-series predictions. Clark said Australia would win all the six home Tests to be played this summer, including the two against Sri Lanka. "It's going to be a great summer with Sri Lanka and India coming out," Clarke said at the series launch here. "And hopefully, the fans can come out and support us and we can bring home 4-0 and 2-0 series wins." When quizzed further on the prospect of a series whitewash against both India and Sri Lanka, Clark said: "I have just predicted 4-0 and 2-0." McGrath, who retired after Australia's World Cup triumph in the West Indies earlier this year, used to make stunning pre-series predictions in his 124 Test career. To the delight of cricket fans, he would also declare who was his "bunny" each series and, more often than not, take their wicket at least once. Clarke, however, would not single out a bunny, declaring he would target them all. "Glenn always targeted the batsman but I think I would hold off on that one at this stage of my career," Clark said. "Any time you play against these guys (India and Sri Lanka) it is going to be a tremendous challenge. I am just going to target them all. Hopefully I can get them all out." Clark is considered a like-for-like successor for McGrath and prides himself on line and length and using his height to trouble batsman. But the New South Wales bowler said he wanted to carve his own niche in international cricket. "You always want to be your own man but we do similar things in the game," Clark said. "I'll just be out there doing my best."

Guest HariSampath
A hurt Stuart Clark believes the Australians will use the pain of defeat as a spur for the series-deciding Test in Adelaide on Thursday. Clark experienced his first loss in whites with the national team in Perth on Saturday, which ended the winning run at 16. After the game the players spoke about the streak and a few of them got together over a beer to discuss the only time they had worn the baggy green and not experienced success. "This loss hurts as much as any other loss," Clark said. "It would have been a nice record, but losing is losing. It doesn't matter how or where, whether it's a one-dayer, a Twenty20 or a Test, it's not a great feeling, and it drives a lot of us."
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/332379.html
Guest HariSampath
no, he's merely a delayed astrologer....like mcgrath was in the ashes.. he called 5-0 for 2005 series. which didn't happen fast forward to 2007, australia did beat england 5-0 so for clarke when he makes this prediction, he means the next series 4-0 :hysterical:
You cant beat us 4-0 even in hockey
Guest HariSampath

^..btw, if Suart Clark wants to beat India 4-0 that badly, ask him to hang up his boots and call Ric Charlesworth ( after all that was one guy who made the right choice of sport)

Guest HariSampath
he called 5-0 for 2005 series. which didn't happen fast forward to 2007, australia did beat england 5-0
That means McGrath could not predict anything anytime , which makes him a terrible astrologer , getting it wrong twice :-)

every time aussies talk about pace and bounce and chin music it backfires remember last time we visited, they were planning to get ganguly with chin music and 1st game he makes 144 (or something) but its something which has happened to all players most players who talk too early, have things like this backfiring