Too much talk of Aussie decline.

goose

I don't think anyone on this board at least entertains the thought that the Australian team has declined or their number one position in danger or such rubbish. If anything, everyone on this board has said that the Australians will be smashing everyone, come the next series against any opponent at any place. They might not have a strong team as they had one year back, hence they might not win every match. But they aren't going to lose many too. If anything, their team is still better than the most in every department. So who ever thinks that the Australian domination is over, must be living in some other land. PS: As for the Sydney defeat, if two of you main batsmen are given out when not out, and even a tailender gets a decision which was as good or bad as what Hussey got in the second inning here, it is extremely difficult to save the match. And India learnt from that and dropped Yuvraj who was a walking wicket for Australians, and the tailenders are all too young to to handle such an intense situation. They'll learn with experience.

I don't think anyone on this board at least entertains the thought that the Australian team has declined or their number one position in danger or such rubbish. If anything, everyone on this board has said that the Australians will be smashing everyone, come the next series against any opponent at any place. They might not have a strong team as they had one year back, hence they might not win every match. But they aren't going to lose many too. If anything, their team is still better than the most in every department. So who ever thinks that the Australian domination is over, must be living in some other land. PS: As for the Sydney defeat, if two of you main batsmen are given out when not out, and even a tailender gets a decision which was as good or bad as what Hussey got in the second inning here, it is extremely difficult to save the match. And India learnt from that and dropped Yuvraj who was a walking wicket for Australians, and the tailenders are all too young to to handle such an intense situation. They'll learn with experience.
their tail is also very young and still they came up with fight, how many of us can bet that indians would have scored 340 in the last innings chasing 413 in perth , I still feel Sydney could have been saved if Bhajji who is no mug with bat and Rp singh played sensible under pressure.

If you don't remember, Bhajji had hung on till the second last over and RPS's LBW was the same as that of Hussey in Perth test. I just can't imagine how you can go on and on by their tailend batting which benefitted from sensible umpiring, dropped catches, bowled on a no ball while at Sydney the clear indication was that umpires would give the Indians out on every second appeal. Did you watch both the matches live?

I don't think the Australian dominance will end. For example, who will keep challenging Australia? Just give me the name of two or three sides. And India has seen many potential pace heroes arriving and going in a fizz because of poor handling, which we will keep on getting. So no need to get over excited and think that Australian dominance is over!!