Site Feedback

Gambit

I'm having trouble accessing the ICF home page. It won't open from my bookmarks' date=' Google or from within the site. Can admin please look into it? Thanks.[/quote'] Yes its being quite slow. But the site is working fine once you're in. Probably heavier traffic due to IPL

Yes its being quite slow. But the site is working fine once you're in. Probably heavier traffic due to IPL
I think there's a script in the home page which makes it slow..Could be some Advertising banner or some feed script (maybe twitter feed)..

I go directly to cricket-talk or chit-chat - so no slowness for me, its only with the home page. There are quite a few time-consuming components on the front page.. few swfs and some mp3 seemed to take most time to load (from videojuicer?)...looks like if you get rid of that test-match-sofa widget - it should solve the problem. edit: not sure, different times different components taking too much time too load...this looked like first suspect - can't confirm w/o changes on server side.

I go directly to cricket-talk or chit-chat - so no slowness for me, its only with the home page. There are quite a few time-consuming components on the front page.. few swfs and some mp3 seemed to take most time to load (from videojuicer?)...looks like if you get rid of that test-match-sofa widget - it should solve the problem.
this. I have removed the bookmark for ICF home page and added one for cricket talk section in my browser.

I don't know if turning off images from your profile options will help. One way of doing reducing images is to use the mobile skin, though this makes the forum very bare
changing message editor to Simple does the trick... thanks anyway