Reserve 50% flats in Mumbai for Maharashtrians: Bal Thackeray

PaiN_KiLLeR

Bangalore is 27 % Kannadigas now and you don't see me whining about it . Their is no regional party except few Rajkumar fans who are fighting along these lingual lines . Constitution of India mandates free movement and that should include Kashmir also . Nut job Thackerey has lost all marbles here . This coward does not move out of Bandra East. Like they say ... apna shehar me kutta bhi sher hota hai.

Boy , you are one of a kind intellectually dishonest person I have ever seen . You have never criticized the likes of Thackerey other than your one liners in spite of all his wrong doings and yet you have the audacity to question my veracity when it comes to unequivocal condemnation of Congress. Let's make this real simple . Like they say , the proof of the pudding is in the eating , I am gonna state the following for the records - 1. Modi Government should be held accountable for mishandling Gujarat Riots . The supreme court agrees with my assessment .Heck , even Vajpayee agrees with me .:D Supreme Court has been strongly critical of the Modi government's investigation and prosecution of those accused of violence during the riots.Let's not forget the Best Bakery case and thank god , Bilkis Bano finally got justice .. the thread which I started yesterday is for everybody's perusal. 2. Rajiv Gandhi government should also be held accountable for mishandling Sikh Riots . Legal actions must be pursued against thugs like HLK bhagat , Tyler and Sajjan Kumar as these three individuals have been found guilty as per Nanavati Commission The Commission also held the then police commissioner S.C. Tandon directly responsible for the riots so he should also be charged. And now , do you have the intestinal fortitude to agree with point no 1 . Please spare me your usual spin .... Yes or No answer will suffice .
Ever heard the phrase, trying to get blood out of a stone? This guy doesn't have the balls to give a straight yes or no answer to any questions directed at him. Check out my signature.

I read something fantastic about the current Shiv Sena vis a vis North Indian issue that seems to be coming up after the other these days. I am pretty sure that this snippet would not be read by many but for those who can, really should. यह निश्चय कर चुकने के बाद महाराजिक ही महाराष्ट्रिक थे, एक अन्य प्रशन उपस्थित होता है कि जस समय दक्षिणारण्य में उपनिवेशन के विचार से महाराष्ट्रिक चल दिए थे उस समय उत्तरी भारत में महाराज उपाधिधारी कौन भूपति थे और महाराष्ट्र नामक देश कहां था। कहना न होगा कि वह देश मगध था। प्रद्योत, शैशुनाग, नन्द तता मौर्य-वंशीयों ने क्रमानुसार माहाराज्य किया था मगध में। माहाराज्य का क्या अर्थ है? उस युग में सार्वभौम सत्ता को माहाराज्य कहा जाता था। ऐतरेय ब्राह्मण के अध्याय क्रमांक 38/39 में साम्राज्य, भोज्य, स्वाराज्य, वैराज्य, पारमेष्ठ्य, राज्य माहाराज्य, आधिपत्य, स्वाश्य, आतिष्ठ्य तथा एकराज्य आदि ग्यारह प्रकार के नृपति बतलाये गये हैं। मगध के नृपति एकच्छत्रीय या एकराट् थे अर्थात् राज्य, साम्राज्य,महाराज्य आदि दस प्रकार के सत्ताधिकारियों से श्रेष्ठ थे, अतः है कि वे महाराज थे। अपने को मगध देशाधिपति महाराज के भक्त कहने वाले महाराष्ट्रिकों ने जब दक्षिणारण्य में बस्ती की तो वे महाराष्ट्रिक कहलाए।” The above is a snippet from an article by Vishwanath Kashinath Rajwade, arguably the greatest Marathi historian. I am not going to translate it into English simply because the man wrote all his articles in Marathi and Hindi and I am going to leave it at that. Here is a brief summary though: 1) There was no concept of Maharashtra in ancient India. 2) The actual inhabitants of the area now Maharashtra were Dravidians who were pushed further South when Aryans attacked India. (This is interesting considering how modern day Shiv Sena has launched assaults on Tamilians who would be Dravidians and hence have more of a right on Mumbai than those Thackeray cohorts). 3) The modern day Maharashtrians have evolved from Magadha which was the ONLY Maha-rashtra of its time. (Interesting then how modern Shiv Sena is fighting its very own baap-daada). I need to dig more on this historian but it should make for a fantastic read. xxx

Actually, i don't buy the whole 'Aryans pushing Dravidians to the south' angle of Indian history. Regarding the term 'maharashtra', actually, IIRC, its first usage was applied by the Satavahana empire, which were subordinates to Ashoka's mauryan dynasty and existed as an independent empire of considerable prestige and accomplishments in Indian history for 450 years, till 250AD or so (when they became subordinates to the Gupta power rising in Magadha again). They were one of the longest lasting Indian empires, essentially independent from 185 BC to 250 AD, a span of almost 450 years. Their capital, known as 'Pratishsthan' was located a 100-200 Kms east of Pune and they controlled much of the trade to the west by controlling the Maratha-Goa-North karnataka coast. However, they were not Marathi, but Andhra. In Ashoka's inscriptions, as well as those of Xuan Zeng, Satavahanas are referred to as 'Andhraka/Andhrae'.

I read something fantastic about the current Shiv Sena vis a vis North Indian issue that seems to be coming up after the other these days. I am pretty sure that this snippet would not be read by many but for those who can, really should. यह निश्चय कर चुकने के बाद महाराजिक ही महाराष्ट्रिक थे, एक अन्य प्रशन उपस्थित होता है कि जस समय दक्षिणारण्य में उपनिवेशन के विचार से महाराष्ट्रिक चल दिए थे उस समय उत्तरी भारत में महाराज उपाधिधारी कौन भूपति थे और महाराष्ट्र नामक देश कहां था। कहना न होगा कि वह देश मगध था। प्रद्योत, शैशुनाग, नन्द तता मौर्य-वंशीयों ने क्रमानुसार माहाराज्य किया था मगध में। माहाराज्य का क्या अर्थ है? उस युग में सार्वभौम सत्ता को माहाराज्य कहा जाता था। ऐतरेय ब्राह्मण के अध्याय क्रमांक 38/39 में साम्राज्य, भोज्य, स्वाराज्य, वैराज्य, पारमेष्ठ्य, राज्य माहाराज्य, आधिपत्य, स्वाश्य, आतिष्ठ्य तथा एकराज्य आदि ग्यारह प्रकार के नृपति बतलाये गये हैं। मगध के नृपति एकच्छत्रीय या एकराट् थे अर्थात् राज्य, साम्राज्य,महाराज्य आदि दस प्रकार के सत्ताधिकारियों से श्रेष्ठ थे, अतः है कि वे महाराज थे। अपने को मगध देशाधिपति महाराज के भक्त कहने वाले महाराष्ट्रिकों ने जब दक्षिणारण्य में बस्ती की तो वे महाराष्ट्रिक कहलाए।†The above is a snippet from an article by Vishwanath Kashinath Rajwade, arguably the greatest Marathi historian. I am not going to translate it into English simply because the man wrote all his articles in Marathi and Hindi and I am going to leave it at that. Here is a brief summary though: 1) There was no concept of Maharashtra in ancient India. 2) The actual inhabitants of the area now Maharashtra were Dravidians who were pushed further South when Aryans attacked India. (This is interesting considering how modern day Shiv Sena has launched assaults on Tamilians who would be Dravidians and hence have more of a right on Mumbai than those Thackeray cohorts). 3) The modern day Maharashtrians have evolved from Magadha which was the ONLY Maha-rashtra of its time. (Interesting then how modern Shiv Sena is fighting its very own baap-daada). I need to dig more on this historian but it should make for a fantastic read. xxx
I have always found the guy Bal Thackarey a joker. Recently read that he will reject Bharat Ratna if given; as if somebody is knocking on his door with the award!

this thread suggests that sandtest and DR are jokers too. One is defending discrimination based on state of origin. The other supports sub-nationalism while posting video of his hero who is preching nationalism and asking folks to forget all Gods and worship India.

I like sub-nationalism all those states which have the strong under-current of sub-nationalism are doing great. it kind of drives people in positve way.. No wonder Bihar is at the bottom reason no sub-nationalism whatsoever in Bihar.
Kashmir has the strongest sub national feeling in India.