Poll on forum policy

The Outsider

Poll on forum policy  

1. 1.

• Petty insults and any other abuse should be dealt with infractions leading to a ban
    • Petty insults should be discouraged(by edit/delete) but should not lead to a ban

Boss is the only guy who is failing to see the obvious... By sticking steadfast to his own premonitions and extreme stances, he risks losing all the respect and adulation he has earned from so many posters through his valuable contributions. Three cheers to the patience of the Mods in trying to answer all his questions and doubts, some of those border on being from rhetorical to downright naive sometimes, like when he says he is willing to take risks and stuff. What a waste of the Mods' valuable time. At a time when everyone should be discussing how to take the site forward, we are talking about how not to go backward. Unfortunate ! Make no mistake, we have some of the finest minds here, if we play our cards, we can go BIG places. But where's the time to think about all that ? When the Mods are busy settling petty, silly, juvenile fights ?
Hear Hear! Good thoughts, Sriram. And Boss, if you are reading this, this should tell you how all this drama is killing your reputation as a poster here. You've worked for years to be what you are. And you are undoing all that, in a day.

This is all so stupid. If Boss and CC want to insult one another, let 'em do it in the confines of the Politics forum. My suggestion - leave that section of the forum completely unmoderated. Let people say whatever they like; they start it so let them finish it. Most of the bad blood emanates from those discussions anyway, so instead of drawing attention to them (by making sticky polls on the main forum) just leave them alone as part of an isolated section of the forum. Intervention only makes it worse - i am sure the mods know this already. As long as this bullsh it doesn't seep into the cricket forum (and it rarely ever does) i don't see why anyone should care. Only a select few participate in those discussions; most tend to stay away - so why are you all allowing a conflict between two or three people to hijack the entire board ? It's not worth it. Stop boring all of us with all this meaningless drama - let those who want to talk cricket, talk cricket and those who want to talk politics, religion, etc. should be allowed to do so at their own free will, indirectly accepting the consequences. I am sure guys like Boss - someone who works his ass off for this website - knows where to draw the line. These are adults we are talking about, this isn't high school. Let them moderate themselves.
All good thoughts Predator, completely agree with the distraction part. But this poll had to be done, because this issue keeps coming up every week and because its been ignored in the past, it has flared up to unreasonable proportions now. I hope this poll will settle it. After this, I promise there will be no more discussions on action/inaction against posters. Let the voice of the majority win!

All good thoughts Predator, completely agree with the distraction part. But this poll had to be done, because this issue keeps coming up every week and because its been ignored in the past, it has flared up to unreasonable proportions now. I hope this poll will settle it. After this, I promise there will be no more discussions on action/inaction against posters. Let the voice of the majority win!
76.92% - Majority is clear

At the same time, overtly anti-India posture, mocking Indian cultrure, Indian traditions, Indian players in improper way should be considered as abuse, since we are still an INDIAN cricket fans. Mods may try in shaping the opinion so that site reflects India's rich culture, tradition and love for motherland.:dance:
as long as it's applied to to other countries cultures, race etc etc......I have seen some extreme comments on this board in relation to other nations, which seem fine to most but doesn't help your credibility. yes this is an indian board but a little temperance in this area would certainly help. i have voted no ban but once you cross that line of "petty" you need a warning then ban i say...

You didn't have to do the poll on the forum. It could have been done in private - ie; by allowing only mods, admins and other long time members to vote. Either way, i think this will all end in tears. One of the two will walk out, never to return. That would be a huge setback for this forum - i hope you realize that. My recommendation; put an end to all of this and let the two of them do whatever they want, say whatever they want to one another. It's the only way we can move forward. Don't try to get other people involved in this mess. Notice how people are taking sides now ? Polls like these won't do any good, they will further divide the forum into "camps". You don't want that

@ Pred No, I Disagree. This poll and this discussion will go a long way informing everyone how people are truly fed-up of silly fights and abuses. If people still want to engage themselves in stupid personal duels, then we all now know they are have least interest or stake in the rules and the atmosphere of the board.

Bossbhai, You dont have take abuse from anybody or at any time. All I am saying is, just ignore CC from here on, period. I know you did that but he kept provoking you, but now, it seems like you are aggressor, with all your Avtars and signatures. Dont kill the atmosphere of the board Boss, thats all I can say. There are people actually taking time off their work, family etc to try to sort out issues created by you, CC, DR etc.. do you think its all worth their time ? You think this is what they deserve ? Dont make a mockery of people's time and the effort they have put in trying to explain things to you. You are losing supporters, and fast.

was there some masaledaar tamasha that I missed?:nervous: why the sudden jhatka to give everyone a clean chit?... what happenned? Link me.. i find some of the arguments here very amusing :cantstop: Another point -> Why is everyone being given a clean chit. What about those dukhi souls who have actually worked hard to maintain a clean chit for the past year??:viking:

ok heres another option : How about CC act his age ? Lets see if you can peddle that across and see what happens..
Valid question and its upto the Mods to make his stick to his end of the bargain, which would for him to totally ignore you and your posts from here on. its called teaching a lesson in a language he understands best ... and you are unaware of what happened prior to the "Avatars and sgnatures" episode.
If CC continues his nautanki ... he will get this dosage every single time... Guaranteed. His only option here is to STFU and act mature.
I am aware of most things that happened here. Personally, I can vouch that CC rarely goes ballistic unless he is provoked. Between the two of us, I decided months ago that there would no further interaction because we had some unpleasant exchanges. Things have never gone out of control since then. Ok, I suppose its time to cut all the nonsense and get straight to things. This is the deal for you. If the Mods can persuade CC to completely ignore you, DR, Sandtest posts from here on, and not attack either of you, directly or indirectly, would you promise to do the same ? I need a straight answer for this. The answer you give will actually determine what your stance is , wrt the board.

Boss is the only guy who is failing to see the obvious... By sticking steadfast to his own premonitions and extreme stances, he risks losing all the respect and adulation he has earned from so many posters through his valuable contributions. Three cheers to the patience of the Mods in trying to answer all his questions and doubts, some of those border on being from rhetorical to downright naive sometimes, like when he says he is willing to take risks and stuff. What a waste of the Mods' valuable time. At a time when everyone should be discussing how to take the site forward, we are talking about how not to go backward. Unfortunate ! Make no mistake, we have some of the finest minds here, if we play our cards, we can go BIG places. But where's the time to think about all that ? When the Mods are busy settling petty, silly, juvenile fights ?
And this is exactly the kind of mentality which is ailing not only this poster but many here....This kind of extreme consciousness for all good-good, mushy-mushy, image and ohh if I will not pose as goody-two-shoe,humble, nice-nice guy I will loose all respect yada yada. This kind of fake sweetness may earn you some fake award, but it does not mean you got a right to preach BossBhai or anyone. Posters like BossBhai, D_R are much more humble in real life than you or anyone, except difference being they do not pretend to be humble and goody-two-shoe by posting some nice reply. They post without showing PCness, without anyfear of ohhh I am loosing respect so let's be nice. Go BossBhai!!...You don't need any advise from such self-inflicted morality preaching pretenders.

Dude Sandtest, If i really wanted, I could rip apart all talk of who's humble and who's PC and all that nonsense. Do you even have an idea of how many time I have given Boss support on various issues, the number of PM's i have exchanged with him on issues related with CC , or the times i have raised the issue CC abusing , with the Mods in the staff forum ?And if you are trying to suggest I try to be goody-goody and nice to win awards, I can only laugh. Online message boards arent my life, I come here to get entertained and if possible, to entertain others. That is it. Its because of people like you, who mix all your personal agendas of life into a message board, that all the problems begin. BTW, who said I dont like no- nonsense posters ? Guys like Salil, Predator are as no nonsense as it gets and i just love them to bits. Nobody fools around with them, and thats because they dont uselessly needle into stupid matters. I think you would be well-advised to give me a miss from here on , in this debate atleast.

Boss, its not the past that anyone is worried about. You havent answered this question yet, " Ok, I suppose its time to cut all the nonsense and get straight to things. This is the deal for you. If the Mods can persuade CC to completely ignore you, DR, Sandtest posts from here on, and not attack either of you, directly or indirectly, would you promise to do the same ?"

And who the f*ck are you to preach patriotism, sir? Do I tell you whether or not to love your parents? Patriotism, like religion and all the other -isms is just another form of parochialism. Just because it comes naturally to us, doesn't make it correct and enforceable.
Who the f*ck expected from you patriotism?? at least not me.....all I can expect from you is some nice, high quality English language honeytrap which at the end ridicules our own little achievements like Win in the Perth test match.
And this is not a forum for Indian cricket fans, but for fans of Indian cricket, or simply fans of cricket.
again who the F*ck are you to declare that this is not an INDIAN cricket fan...the last I heard was you are not even a Mod....so try to learn how to behave like just another poster.