BOOKED FOR GOING 50KM/HR OVER ON 407 - TORONTO

Pak_cric

So....Update: Judge lowered it to minor speeding ticket 49km/hr under instead of 50km/hr over. So i have to pay 300 bucks and 4 demerit points. Insurance will be a bitch next year but this is way better then by original charge.

21 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

So....Update: Judge lowered it to minor speeding ticket 49km/hr under instead of 50km/hr over. So i have to pay 300 bucks and 4 demerit points. Insurance will be a bitch next year but this is way better then by original charge.

Good for you.... CAD 300 is a small fine you are paying for the offense. And yes, increase in Insurance money but that will not be an issue if you don't acquire any more demerit points in the next 12 months. 

22 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

But the important lesson is to not go over 10 KMPH or 20 maximum on any highway and 10 on normal countryside highway. That way we can help ourselves not getting caught and getting the punishment. 

1 hour ago, Pak_cric said:

Hope you learnt your lesson. Even though 50kmph over the speed limit is the official demarcation for 'stunt driving', i hope you realize, that for you, now that its in your record for speeding 49kmph over the limit, the 'actual limit' will be 30-40kmph over the speed limit. 

Next time, you will lose your license, straight up and be banned from driving for years.