Man of the series ?

Lurker

I tend to have a bias towards my favourite-DADA!!! And BTW IMO Yuvi should never have been dropped unless he fails in like 10 matches in a row or something
yes, so play him for 10 matches for see if he comes back to form for 1 game..if we keeping losing it dont matter yuvi went out.. we won... dada has been great ever since his comeback... so i tend to think u r a ..:finger:
yes, so play him for 10 matches for see if he comes back to form for 1 game..if we keeping losing it dont matter yuvi went out.. we won... dada has been great ever since his comeback... so i tend to think u r a ..:finger:
So go and keep worshipping Dada for another 50 years :finger:
Yup that's really mature and sensible :rolleyes: You ain't that smart, are you? Atleast change your moniker so u are not insulting one who really is :thefinger:
y dont u ask that q to yourself... u want a dude who has 17 runs in 4 innings to play..and couldnt do anything against noobs in practice match ...real smart... we r here to win, not give yuseless more chances

Lee & Kumble have contributed in every innings of this test series. Depending on how the series ends, one of them should take the MoS. Lee's ability to bowl those marathon spells at that pace is amazing. He bowls more overs in ONE spell than Akhtar does in an innings. He has also been a great partnership breaker, something he could not do in the prev tour (03/04). Lee has also been handy with the bat. A useful 50 at Sydney made sure Australia piled up 463, which proved to be critical in the end. His 19 wickets @ 19.31 & 85 runs @ 21, is why Australia are 2-1 up in this series. Kumble has been our goliath. Started the series with a 5fer at MCG on a first day pitch. His average of 30 with the ball does not reflect truly on how well he has bowled (tho his 19 wickets do). Kumble continued his good form with the bat, with a more than useful 80+ here and an almost match saving 45 at Sydney. Besides his batting & bowling, his leadership skills were key to India's fortunes in this series. He has gotten the best out of every player & must have played a critical role in lifting the team from the dumps of Sydney. He has everything it in him to be India's greatest captain! Symonds & Tendulkar finish close second.

Unless Sachin comes up with another good performance in the 2nd innings, I dont see how he could get the award over either Kumble or Hayden. I suppose I have been guilty of over-looking Kumble's performance in this series. Apart from leading the team, he has taken 20 wickets, scored some valuable runs and his role during the Sydney test fiasco was well appreciated.

Leaning towards Hayden as of right now. 3 centuries, 2 of 'em in victories and has given his team another good start in this Test. We saw what Australia looks like when he isn't there. Unless Tendulkar plays another great knock in the 2nd innings, or either Lee or Kumble go nuts with the ball in the remaining 2 days, Hayden's the obvious choice.

Player Mat Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10 B Lee (Aus) 4* 159.5 30 468 22 5/119 7/153 21.27 2.92 43.5 1 0 An average of 21 and a strike rate of 43, in a series in which the next best bowler averages 30 is awesome. He does deserve the MoS award.