Man of the series ?

Lurker

Yes I know early days yet with 3 more innings to go in the series but also a good time to guess MOS without being biased due to the final outcome. Is it Tendulkar with his superb form? Or is it Hayden with his penchant for runs whenever he walks to crease? Is it Lee who has won admiration from all and sundry? I am kind of leaning towards Anil Kumble at this stage. 19 wickets in 3 tests(before Adelaide), has batted superbly and led from the front. if he picks few more wickets and if India wins Adelaide it would be a no-brainer. Anil Kumble for me.

Sachin Sachin Sachin all the way ! The only contender I see is the Man-Mammoth Hayden. If he scores a 100, again, then it will be hard not to give it to him, coz his previous 100s, esp the one in the 2nd innings in Sydney have been match-winning ones. But I dont see how a person who missed one of the tests in a 4 test match series can win MoS award over someone who played in all and performed in all. Besides, this is most probably Sachin's farewell series in Aus, so the judges will be tempted to honor him for that. Kumble has been good, but dont its upto MoS level.

Only two men have stood tall above everyone else; Sachin Tendulkar and Brett Lee. I'd be happy to see either of them win the award The latter in particular has impressed me a lot - i never rated him as a Test bowler before, but he has improved tremendously this year and has been bowling disciplined and dangerous spells on a consistent basis. No more of this predictable 'too-short too-full' pacy crap that batsmen used to feast on. I enjoy watching him bowl now, even though he is a pain in the ass for the Indian batsmen. He's a good sport as well. 22 wickets @ 21.27 against this powerful Indian batting lineup is a top effort. Tendulkar's form is no surprise, he is a class act and it was only a matter of time before he started firing again. He sure picked the right team to score against. Currently he has 480 runs to his name; enough to finish as top scorer at the end of this series, i'd imagine (unless India beat them by an innings). I hope he finally breaks that 500 run barrier in the 2nd innings - he has never done it before, and a batsman of his stature deserves to hold such a record. He hasn't batted this freely in Test cricket for years, long may it continue.

Brett Lee 786 Anil Kumble 722 Andrew Symonds 721 Sachin Tendulkar 630
Thats a pretty accurate way at looking at this statistically Varun. Yes those 4 would be the top guns of the series, though it is a tad surprising to see Hayden not in there. I would add a few bonus points for being a skipper specially in series like this. Then again thats quite hard to put in numbers.
Only two men have stood tall above everyone else; Sachin Tendulkar and Brett Lee. I'd be happy to see either of them win the award The latter in particular has impressed me a lot - i never rated him as a Test bowler before, but he has improved tremendously this year and has been bowling disciplined and dangerous spells on a consistent basis. No more of this predictable 'too-short too-full' pacy crap that batsmen used to feast on. I enjoy watching him bowl now, even though he is a pain in the ass for the Indian batsmen. He's a good sport as well. 22 wickets @ 21.27 against this powerful Indian batting lineup is a top effort. Tendulkar's form is no surprise, he is a class act and it was only a matter of time before he started firing again. He sure picked the right team to score against. Currently he has 480 runs to his name; enough to finish as top scorer at the end of this series, i'd imagine (unless India beat them by an innings). I hope he finally breaks that 500 run barrier in the 2nd innings - he has never done it before, and a batsman of his stature deserves to hold such a record. He hasn't batted this freely in Test cricket for years, long may it continue.
QFT SRT FTW!

Series Summary

Year Played in Result Player of the series 
1996-1997 India India won one-off test 1-0 [B]Nayan Mongia[/B] 
1997-1998 India India won the 3-match series 2-1 [B]Sachin Tendulkar [/B]
1999-2000 Australia Australia won the 3-match series 3-0 [B]Sachin Tendulkar [/B]
2000-2001 India India won the 3-match series 2-1[B] Harbhajan Singh [/B]
2003-2004 Australia 4-match series drawn 1-1[B] Rahul Dravid [/B]
2004-2005 India Australia won the 4-match series 2-1 [B]Damien Martyn [/B]
2007-2008 Australia Australia lead the 4-match series 2-1 [B][COLOR="Red"]Sachin Tendulkar [/COLOR][/B]

Tendulkar is already Man of series twice before

Ganguly should be MOS- he deliberatelty got out everytime so that our other batsmen could actually score some runs He is such a great player- without his sacrifice SRT would not even have gotten a chance to bat I hope they worship him too on Durga Puja

Ganguly should be MOS- he deliberatelty got out everytime so that our other batsmen could actually score some runs He is such a great player- without his sacrifice SRT would not even have gotten a chance to bat I hope they worship him too on Durga Puja
same should go for yuvi/dhoni/jaffer huh..name em all or otherwise be quiet :eyedance: