Harbhajan's appeal [Merged]

Sachinism

Australia’s players are reportedly furious Australia’s players are reportedly furious with the quashing of Harbhajan Singh’s three Test ban for racial abuse. The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the players are dismayed with their employers, Cricket Australia, who allegedly pushed for Harbhajan and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to be appeased, fearing an enormous financial backlash. It’s believed that ESPN, India’s broadcast partner for this Australian tour, could have sued for up to $60 million had the remainder of the summer been called off, which is a situation the BCCI threatened if Harbhajan’s appeal was unsuccessful. A charter plane had apparently been organised by the Indian governing body. The Sydney Morning Herald has also reported the Australian players believed Harbhajan would have his three Test ban downgraded to one match. The Sydney broadsheet quoted an unnamed Australian player: “The thing that pisses us off is that it shows how much power India has. The Aussie guys aren’t going to make it up. The players are frustrated because this shows how much influence India has, because of the wealth they generate. Money talks,†the player told the SMH. It is believed that the five Australian players at the centre of the ‘monkey’ controversy needed to be coerced by Cricket Australia’s lawyer to allow a downgrading of the original grade three racial charge to a grade two ‘general abuse’ charge.

“The thing that pisses us off is that it shows how much power India has. The Aussie guys aren’t going to make it up. The players are frustrated because this shows how much influence India has, because of the wealth they generate. Money talks,†the player told the SMH.
So the Indians are going to make it up? So does the previous ruling sans any physical evidence show Australia's influence? It is not about influence but about evidence.... where is the evidence?
that would remain in the realms of speculation. only harbhajan and symmonds know the truth and obviously one is lying.
Yeah! cochise is right... it is quite possible both are telling the truth. because i see Symonds claim is instantaneous, so he must have heard something to the effect like "bheeg Maangii". Or he must have been extremely cunning to have claimed to have heard the word so instantaneously!
Guest HariSampath
The thing that pisses us off is that it shows how much power India has. The Aussie guys aren’t going to make it up. The players are frustrated because this shows how much influence India has, because of the wealth they generate. Money talks,” the player told the SMH.
And BS walks...
The thing that pisses us off is that it shows how much power India has. The Aussie guys aren’t going to make it up. The players are frustrated because this shows how much influence India has, because of the wealth they generate. Money talks,” the player told the SMH.
Again, this reaction is one of fear of change and shifting power bases. It will pass when judged objectively, that they haven't been railroaded despite the CA's toadying...the case was simply not there to convict on the higher charge. This will come out in the judges release later today for sure.
Guest HariSampath
It's quite possible that they are both teling the truth.
quite possible. If you look at the video replays, Symmonds says as he walks away " you just called me a monkey", and it looks as if he did hear a word "monkey"....and Bhajji swears he never said "monkey". If we reconstruct the scene, it all started after Symmo's remarks and then Bhajji , possibly pissd off walked towards Symmonds , gesturing with his hand. My guess is that when someone of Bhajji's personality gets pissed of and walks up to confront someone, it is highly likely this gesture will be accompanied by a filthy abuse, and considering what Symmo says to Bhajji it could have really been "maaki". Apparently the Indian team mngt always knew this is what had happened and were stubbornly denying the fact Bhajji had said "monkey". But logically , if Bhajji had denied saying "monkey", the most natural question would have been "then what did you say, bcos Symmo clearly heard you say it, or so he says" I am of the opinion that Bhajji did say "maaki" and was forced to accept it at the hearing appeal by the Judge..because obviously it wont be easy to con a Judge , compared to Procter by saying " I said nothing at all". This is why the charge had been downgraded to "abuse", and obviously BCCI or CA or ICC cannot officially confirm what exactly it was that Bhajji accepted to saying, with sachin confirming it too.
I wouldn't put it past the likes of Symonds' date=' Hayden, and Clarke to fabricate the entire thing on the field to rile up Harbhajan. Look at the match situation - there was only one team feeling the heat at the time and it was not India.[/quote'] So you suggest or rather accuse them of making this up! But I seriously doubt Clarke claim... I don't think he was in any position to have heard what was being said.
So you suggest or rather accuse them of making this up! But I seriously doubt Clarke claim... I don't think he was in any position to have heard what was being said.
Exactly, Clarke is no where near and Hayden enters the frame at a much later stage after the Symonds-Harbhajan altercation. These three players are complete slimeballs going on their history and are well capable of making it up. What I would really like India to do now is to report each and every petty abuse to the umpires and referees coming from the Aussies. They chose to bring Momma in, let's see how they react to it.
Exactly, Clarke is no where near and Hayden enters the frame at a much later stage after the Symonds-Harbhajan altercation. These three players are complete slimeballs going on their history and are well capable of making it up. What I would really like India to do now is to report each and every petty abuse to the umpires and referees coming from the Aussies. They chose to bring Momma in, let's see how they react to it.
Thats exactly what the Indians won't do. In the heat of the moment the Indians went on the offensive and decided to report Hogg. But back in the chillness of their den they decided to be meeker on the issue as usual. Now that the accusation against Bhajji has been withdrawn, I don't expect much from India...
i do not think they made it up. if they had then hayden and clarke wouldnt have admitted that they they didnt hear a word said by bhajji. words were exchange and we should know better than assume that bhajji is a saint or he was set up.
Where did they say so? :omg: If so, Hayden lied on field when he said "Now You have a Witness"?!! And also doesn't that mean Clarke & Hayden lied to procter?