Harbhajan's appeal [Merged]

Sachinism

So what if Clarke swears. Liars and cheats like him can swear on anything. If you cannot see that he grassed it' date=' then you are beyond help. And Ponting claimed Dhoni's catch in the second innings with his palms down. All gentlemanly, mind you. When 90% of the cricketing experts including Australians are criticizing the Aussie team's behavior in Sydney don't you find yourself left in the 10% jingoistic block to defend the indefensible? Or maybe that is why you created IDs and started posting here in the first place.[/quote'] mate, im not defending all the aussies actions. there were times i was a bit put off. but im more intrigued with the fact you think your team is squeaky clean ?

THE Australian Cricketers' Association is happy with the handling of the Harbhajan Singh race row, association president Darren Lehmann says. Despite some Australian players reportedly being furious at Indian spinner Harbhajan being cleared of making racial slur against allrounder Andrew Symonds, Lehmann said the controversy was handled appropriately. "We are happy with the way it has been treated and handled," Lehmann said. "That is done and dusted, so let's move on and play some cricket. "It has all been done in the right channels." Harbhajan's three Test ban for allegedly calling Symonds a "monkey" was revoked by an International Cricket Council appeals commissioner. The racial abuse charge against the Indian was downgraded to one of general abuse, to which Harbhajan pleaded guilty. He was fined about $3,000. Lehmann said he had not spoken to Australian players since the outcome. Harbhajan was banned for three Tests by ICC match referee Michael Procter after verbally clashing with Symonds during the second Test in Sydney earlier this month. Australian captain Ricky Ponting, as per ICC guidelines, made an official complaint to Procter about Harbhajan's alleged comments. Asked how Ponting would react to a similar incident in the future, Lehmann said: "I'd have to speak to Ricky, I'm not sure how he'd handle it. "I presume he'd do the same thing, that is how they have been told to act and he acted accordingly." http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23132294-23212,00.html

So its ok to claim a dodgey catch then?
I don't mind it, everyone does it and it's best to leave it for the judgement of the umpires and replays, but if someone comes up with a gentleman's agreement that he will not claim those kind of catches and end up doing so multiple times then he is a cheat. In the other scenario where you are not breaching any agreement you are not being a good sportsman. Comprehende?
Thats the job of the umpire. Didn't u hear saint gilly say "when I am sure I appeal' date=' when I am not I ask questions", Dhoni was asking questions mate....[/quote'] 7TmryWZ5VG8&feature=related Hehehe...He sure asked the question there:hysterical:
mate, im not defending all the aussies actions. there were times i was a bit put off. but im more intrigued with the fact you think your team is squeaky clean ?
Our team does not indulge into abuses as frequently as the Australians do, though some of the younger lot are a let down. Our team never rescinded on a gentleman's agreement by backstabbing the opposition.

Its not about CA backing players or BCCI backing players. BCCI threatened to pull out of the tour if a result from an appeal didnt go their way. This is blackmail and clear interference in the integrity of the disciplinary process. Its OK though guys. Id be embarrassed too if my country couldn't find 11 players from the biggest sport in a country of 1.5 billion people to succeed against a country of 20 million where cricket is not even close to being the biggest sport. ICC #1 Test Side - Australia ICC #1 ODI Side - Australia :finger:

I dont think anybody here would have supported bhajji had there been any proof that Bhajji called symo a monkey.
I would like to think so but im not so sure. I think the indian players are too saintly in all yours eyes. I mean you are excusing all these examples of poor player behaviour in the past. As an australian I can honestly say that some of our players behaviour in the past as been disgraceful at times. But its seems as though you guys can't really see the reality of world cricket.
Got to agree that Dhoni was clearly cheating on the above video ' date=' if we can blame Stuart Clarke, then we should also blame dhoni for bad sportsmenship...[/quote'] Dhoni was not cheating. He was being a poor sportsman. Michael Clarke and Ponting cheated because they were breaching an agreement with the opposing team. It's not that difficult to understand is it?
I dont think anybody here would have supported bhajji had there been any proof that Bhajji called symo a monkey.
There are numerous posts probably earlier in this very thread where a lot of us have advocated the strictest of punishment for Harbhajan if it is proven he said those words, but these jingoistic Aussies have just invaded here in one go to make a mockery out of discussion.
Its not about CA backing players or BCCI backing players. BCCI threatened to pull out of the tour if a result from an appeal didnt go their way. This is blackmail and clear interference in the integrity of the disciplinary process.
That was because there was no evidence to the claim except the aussie word. So BBCI was right in claiming that they will pull out, if the aussie word is taken over the Indian word.