Harbhajan's appeal [Merged]

Sachinism

I would like to think so but im not so sure. I think the indian players are too saintly in all yours eyes. I mean you are excusing all these examples of poor player behaviour in the past. As an australian I can honestly say that some of our players behaviour in the past as been disgraceful at times. But its seems as though you guys can't really see the reality of world cricket.
Just read all the posts, before making such loose comments. many of our posters had asked to punish Harbhajan if he had done so [me included]. Some Indian posters even asked for a life ban coz he took us for a ride...
I would like to think so but im not so sure. I think the indian players are too saintly in all yours eyes. I mean you are excusing all these examples of poor player behaviour in the past. As an australian I can honestly say that some of our players behaviour in the past as been disgraceful at times. But its seems as though you guys can't really see the reality of world cricket.
I think some of the new guys in the Indian side are as bad as some of the aussie players and if they are found guilty they should be punished.
There are numerous posts probably earlier in this very thread where a lot of us have advocated the strictest of punishment for Harbhajan if it is proven he said those words' date=' but these jingoistic Aussies have just invaded here in one go to make a mockery out of discussion.[/quote'] if thats the way you feel, sorry for coming across that way. this is a very debatable subject. and we arent invading. this is big news and has been down here in aus.
I think some of the new guys in the Indian side are as bad as some of the aussie players and if they are found guilty they should be punished.
We can agree on that. And i heard that ranatunga has called for the end to sledging on the field. Not such a bad proposal considering all the bad press on it lately.

Australian media cry foul over Bhajji decision :haha::haha: They can be stupid, but TOI web edition can be fun to read ADELAIDE: Struggling to digest the exoneration of Harbhajan Singh on racial abuse charges, the Australian media reacted with dented pride and hurt ego. While Cricket Australia worked with the Board of Control for Cricket in India to broker a resolution to the impasse over Harbhajan's racism charge, newspapers claimed the Australian body participated in the joint effort under duress. As recently as Monday a BCCI official said India would abandon the limited-overs section of its Australian tour, starting on Feb. 3, if Harbhajan's appeal against a three-test ban for racial abuse did not succeed. Australian newspapers reported on Wednesday that India had gone as far as chartering a plane to fly its team home if the appeal hearing did not produce the result the visitors wanted. It was also reported that Cricket Australia faced being sued for up to 60 million Australian dollars (US$53.2 million) by broadcasters who held the rights to televise tour matches in India. Harbhajan pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of abusive language at the appeal in Adelaide and was fined about USD 2,665 or 50 per cent of his match fee from the Sydney Test in which he was alleged to have called Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds, who is of West Indian descent, a "monkey." The guilty plea followed an agreement between the Australian and Indian bodies on the evidence they would jointly submit to the hearing, chaired by New Zealand High Court judge John Hansen. The Australian national newspaper, in an article headlined "Cricket's Day of Shame," quoted an unnamed Australian player as saying: "The thing that (annoys us) is that it shows how much power India has. The Aussie guys aren't going to make it up. The players are frustrated because this shows how much influence India has, because of the wealth they generate. Money talks." India has become the financial powerhouse of world cricket, generating massive broadcasting and sponsorship revenues which support the international game. The International Cricket Council has been seen to have bowed to Indian pressure in several recent decisions, including the removal of umpire Steve Bucknor from the recent test series when his rulings angered the Indian team. Cricket commentator Peter Roebuck, writing in the Sydney Morning Herald , said India's threat to fly its players home if the appeal failed was "amongst the most nakedly aggressive actions taken in the history of a notoriously fractious game." "If this is the way the Indian board intends to conduct its affairs hereafter, then God help cricket," Roebuck wrote. "All around, it has been a bad business. Over the years, India have often been represented by gentlemen with high principles and a strong sense of sportsmanship. Australia have not been so fortunate. But it seems that power has corrupted." A poll conducted by the Sky News television network showed 57 per cent of respondents disagreed with the appeal decision while 43 per cent supported it. The number of participants was not available. In The Australian newspaper, Peter Lalor wrote that Indian had "pulled out every stop" to ensure the ICC and Cricket Australia "caved in" to its demands. "India, the team that bleated about the spirit of cricket after being beaten in Sydney, has again held a gun to the game's head and had its demands met," he said. Australian governor general Michael Jeffery, the British queen's representative in Australia, appealed in a radio interview for a return to courtesy on the cricket field. "While we should be playing the game tough and hard and all of that sort of thing, I think there's also a need to really take care of the fundamental courtesies and good manners," Jeffery said.

Now, where does any term, sounding anything close to the word " Big" appear in the phrase " Teri Maa Ki" ? And this obviously suggests to me that Bhajji actually did call Symmonds " Big Monkey" and not " Teri Maa Ki". So, where does this leave us all now ? Did Bhajji really say the word " Big Monkey" Or is Symmonds simply making up the charge to get Bhajji in trouble ? In the mid-pitch video that has the transcripts of the conversation between the players, Symmonds says something along the lines of,
You need some lessons in Punjabi, Sriram for "Big Monkey"!!:P
Its not about CA backing players or BCCI backing players. BCCI threatened to pull out of the tour if a result from an appeal didnt go their way. This is blackmail and clear interference in the integrity of the disciplinary process. Its OK though guys. Id be embarrassed too if my country couldn't find 11 players from the biggest sport in a country of 1.5 billion people to succeed against a country of 20 million where cricket is not even close to being the biggest sport. ICC #1 Test Side - Australia ICC #1 ODI Side - Australia :finger:
:finger: aussie trash...can't expect better from a convict inbred...:haha: India is just 6o years young....so a lot has been achieved in this period....we just had your ACB in jitters..:haha: and you 20 million fcuks are a product of criminal inbreds being dumped from different European countries into asstralia....no wonder you guys were the biggrest sledgers in the game.....but now tables have turned....your dad India has shut your fcukin shytholes and made a mockery of your sledging. Too bad...your esteemed players have to fetch the $$$ thrown by Indian cricket...whether it is ICL or IPL....shameful indeed!!!!!!!!!!
:finger: aussie trash...can't expect better ...:haha: India is just 6o years young....so a lot has been achieved in this period....we just had your ACB in jitters..:haha: and you were the biggrest sledgers in the game.....but now tables have turned....you dad India has shut your fcukin shytholes and made a mockery of your sledging. Too bad...your esteemed players have to fetch the $$$ thrown by Indian cricket...whether it is ICL or IPL....shameful indeed!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't there an effigy you should be burning?
Guest HariSampath
You need some lessons in Punjabi' date=' Sriram for "Big Monkey"!!:P[/quote'] Actually Bhajji said "pig maaki" :D ( and pig is not abuse and maaki is not racial)