Are Umpires really to be blamed?

yuvifan

Everybody got hot and heavy on benson and bucknor when they gave wrong decisions in Sydney test,but what do you have to say about Asad Rauf when he gave symonds out on a decision which was totally wrong in a crucial stage for Aus in Perth when the result could ahve been different? What do people have to say about that?

none of the mistakes Rauf made in the Indian inn at perth were glaringly wrong as the symonds decision. was bucknor to be blamed for the loss of 3 wickets in space of an over in sydney also?
How about giving lbws to SRT and Dhoni when the ball was going at least 6 inches above the stumps, in SRT's case it was about a foot high.
height decisions are vague' date=' no umpire in this world can make a 100% guess on that. how can you guarantee that it would have gone above?[/quote']At Perth? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: And then too, height is usually the easy part to determine because you can see where it hits the batsman.
none of the mistakes Rauf made in the Indian inn at perth were glaringly wrong as the symonds decision. was bucknor to be blamed for the loss of 3 wickets in space of an over in sydney also?
Would that have even come to be if India wasn't screwed as much as they were from the start of the damn match?
Not really, See the real time visuals it looked out. None of the commentators found an inside edge until they saw the replays. As for your second question, it is a non sequitur, the fact that India lost 3 wickets in a space of an over has nothing to do with the fact Bucknor got his decisions wrong.

The umpiring errors in the Perth test evened out between the two sides...in Sydney, it was atrociously one sided. It really ruined what should have been a tremendous test match. We will never know how it would have panned out if the umpiring was half even. At the end of the day, you play with the hand you are dealt with and India lost it. Never mind. They will be another day of fairer reckoning where India will win.

Hi Pancho ! thanks guys. Ive been reading about this 'umpiring' scandal. each poster giving their version. how harbhajan not given out for LBW balances out the shocking decision symonds got blah blah you get the idea. umpires, like us are humans. they make mistakes, and yes, ill admit, India got some terrible decisions in sydney. in the 2005 ashes series, from a possible 34 incorrect decisions, england benefited 25-9. but as we all know, thats cricket. so until the ICC decide to use technology for decisions, such occurances are going to happen. throughout the history of cricket, there have been decisions that have turned matches. it happens, move past it and get on with it. i think the way the BCCI handled getting bucknor removed is fairly poor. we didnt complain like that in the 05 ashes.. get over it, im sure India has benefited from a favourable decision or 2 in the past. still doesnt hide the fact we bowled you out. dravids decision in the last innings was a shocker, but yuvraj getting out a few balls later was a shocking shot. blame him.

Hi Pancho ! thanks guys. Ive been reading about this 'umpiring' scandal. each poster giving their version. how harbhajan not given out for LBW balances out the shocking decision symonds got blah blah you get the idea. umpires, like us are humans. they make mistakes, and yes, ill admit, India got some terrible decisions in sydney. in the 2005 ashes series, from a possible 34 incorrect decisions, england benefited 25-9. but as we all know, thats cricket. .
I am sorry but that's just not cricket. Cricket is a sport that should be played by only 22 players and not 25. Even in your post you have pretty much said that umpiring decided the ashes 05. So why not just let the 3 umpires play the game then? I am sure they deserved their baggy green than most aussie player this series. BTW the ashes 05 was a one off. Aus rarely are in that kinda situation but any team that goes to Aus is screwed. I remember Holding did a count of bad decisions in the last Wi series , on live air which made 25-9 look equal. Woolmer similarly had a count in Pak series. Even in the last series btw Ind and Aus in India, Aus got better hand, not to forget sydney test in 2004, or "Sachin crucifiction "series in 99.Remember desert Strom? Well, Sachin was given wrongly out in that too (by bucknor).......... I can go on and on. If you actually tally up all the wrong decisions, i suspect Aus wd have gotten less than 20% of decision against it.
I am sorry but that's just not cricket. Cricket is a sport that should be played by only 22 players and not 25. Even in your post you have pretty much said that umpiring decided the ashes 05. So why not just let the 3 umpires play the game then? I am sure they deserved their baggy green than most aussie player this series. BTW the ashes 05 was a one off. Aus rarely are in that kinda situation but any team that goes to Aus is screwed. I remember Holding did a count of bad decisions in the last Wi series , on live air which made 25-9 look equal. Woolmer similarly had a count in Pak series. Even in the last series btw Ind and Aus in India, Aus got better hand, not to forget sydney test in 2004, or "Sachin crucifiction "series in 99.Remember desert Strom? Well, Sachin was given wrongly out in that too (by bucknor).......... I can go on and on. If you actually tally up all the wrong decisions, i suspect Aus wd have gotten less than 20% of decision against it.
you've totally missed my point. i was using the ashes 05 series to illustrate some go with you, some go against you. im not saying that is why we lost the ashes. far from it. we were beaten by a better team throughout the series. no argument there. im not interested in listing times when umpires did this and that. as i said, until the ICC use technology for all decisions, you will get mistakes. they arent perfect, far from it sometimes actually ! that is cricket. obviously you support the use of video replays etc for umpiring decisions yes ? now, your post makes it sound like India have never benefitted from umpiring decisions ? is this the case ?