Hypothetical Question

msb1991

Hypothetical Question  

1. 1.

• Called for the Aussie player's head
    • Been very angry
    • Been angry but accepted a lack of evidence
    • Couldn't care less

Hi all, I doubt that this would or even can be answered truthfully but I was wondering that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was alleged that an Australian player was racist to an Indian player, would you have disregarded a lack of concrete evidence and called for the player's head, so to speak. Msb1991

Why would you need the shoe to be in another foot when even in this foot majority of the board has said that Harbhajan should have been punished if evidence was found against him.
Because we are talking about an identical situation, therefore, the same evidence (or lack therof) as in real life.

I am of the view that people who are willing to dish out should be prepared to take a bit of that. We neednt imagine an Aussie player being abusive. There are plenty of instances of such abuse in the past (many well documented) & I dont recall any opponent complaining. Even when the abuse was as blatant (as in the case of McGrath - Sarwan), the match referee simply chose to look the other way