BCCI should drop Harbhajan for at least 2 One dayers for "tere maa ki.."

Rajan

we have tried to convince the whole world that " bastard" is a very offensive term for Indians. We shouted from the rooftops that how much we respect "mother". IMHO,now, if Harbhajan himself acknowledges that, He has abused Symmonds -"tere Maa ki..", then it is time he should be disciplined by BCCI. Even considering the fact that he said that under provocation from Symmonds, it is still an extremely bad thing to do, going by our culture. so, he should be disciplined by the board. whether Cricket Australia follows up by disciplining Symmonds too or not is not relevant.we should first set our house in order. this will ensure that the domestic players too get the message loud and clear, of late there is too much of indiscipline in ranji matches.

we have tried to convince the whole world that " bastard" is a very offensive term for Indians. We shouted from the rooftops that how much we respect "mother". IMHO,now, if Harbhajan himself acknowledges that, He has abused Symmonds -"tere Maa ki..", then it is time he should be disciplined by BCCI. Even considering the fact that he said that under provocation from Symmonds, it is still an extremely bad thing to do, going by our culture. so, he should be disciplined by the board. whether Cricket Australia follows up by disciplining Symmonds too or not is not relevant.we should first set our house in order. this will ensure that the domestic players too get the message loud and clear, of late there is too much of indiscipline in ranji matches.
make that 10 tests. Keep him in the ODIs he is good for that and yes 20-20
make that 10 tests. Keep him in the ODIs he is good for that and yes 20-20
I won't even see what he is good or bad at. I'd have dropped him for this entire CB series had I been in charge. This Hindi expletive is far more offensive at least in India. And BCCI should make sure that people using it in the cricket field will be severely punished!!
so, he should be disciplined by the board. whether Cricket Australia follows up by disciplining Symmonds too or not is not relevant.we should first set our house in order. this will ensure that the domestic players too get the message loud and clear, of late there is too much of indiscipline in ranji matches.
Not only domestic cricketers. Kids all around India must be thinking that this guy became a hero after mouthing off this abuse and hence they must follow. It is necessary to punish him so that everyone understands that this behaviour and language is NOT appreciated by any in India.

I'm not talking about whether it should be tolerable in Australia or not. It is an offensive abuse as far as Indians are concerned and BCCI must punish its player for uttering such a term on a cricket field. It is absolutely not relevent who was it directed at and at what provocation!!

Anbu, neenga vilayadum bodhu,ungala paaththu yaaravadhu apdi sonnaa, neenga adikka maatteengala? i am sure the cricketers influence our children a lot. that is why there r so many advertisements featuring the cricketers. the TV is all pervading today, u just cant live with out news channels. every youngster who is dreaming to make it big in cricket, has watched this entire episode. they would not understand, whether Harbhajan said these words in australia or india, point is he said that on a cricket field. unless, he is disciplined, the youngkids as well as the other guys, will not take it seriously. i just dont want a fisticuff in an India- pakistan match, because of such expletives. it will be too bad a situation if it happens. again, it is just my opinion.

Anbu, neenga vilayadum bodhu,ungala paaththu yaaravadhu apdi sonnaa, neenga adikka maatteengala? the TV is all pervading today, u just cant live with out news channels.again, it is just my opinion.
Freeya vidunga sir. Given the amount of abuses that Aussies dish out, this is a taste of their own medicine.
Freeya vidunga sir. Given the amount of abuses that Aussies dish out' date=' this is a taste of their own medicine.[/quote'] I don't agree finey. There is no need to stoop to their level. You don't have to forget that lacks of kids would be watching you back home in India and would be eager to emulate you. If someone is slinging in mud and making himself dirty, you don't have to reciprocate.

I think the problem is that cricketers abuse each other a lot (maybe it has gone down but I am sure it still exists). If you punish Harbhajan then some day we might be playing with our B team whereas others will be playing with their first XI. This has to be done by the ICC. The BCCI can have a policy where they punish a player if he instigated it. Here, Bhajji didn't. So yet again I will leave him.

If CA and BCCI can reach an agreement wherein they punish Symonds and Harbhajan respectively, then it makes sense. Otherwise I don't think the time is correct to make an example out of Bhajji. Talk to the senior players about it and also try to take other boards into confidence, and then maybe implement something.

If CA and BCCI can reach an agreement wherein they punish Symonds and Harbhajan respectively' date=' then it makes sense. Otherwise I don't think the time is correct to make an example out of Bhajji. Talk to the senior players about it and also try to take other boards into confidence, and then maybe implement something.[/quote'] Exactly, McGrath launches a scathing attack on Sarwan & walks free. Why expect Indians alone to act? After all Symonds was hinting Bhajii was a gay.
neenga vilayadum bodhu,ungala paaththu yaaravadhu apdi sonnaa, neenga adikka maatteengala?
neenga vilayadum vodhu unlgalla pathu yaaravadhu gaynu sonna, neenga enna pannuvinga?

All Indian media needeed to do was, give coverage to news with adequate unbiased analysis. In Bhajji case, I would have liked all frenzy Media channels discussing improtance of 50% match fine and why it was necessary to impose on Bhajji, particularly when charges of racism which were wrongly imposed on Bhajji by ICCs white mafia were dropped. A match Fine is a match Fine -- which clearly sends a message that you did something wrong which you should not have done. In Bhajji's case media should have educated Indian public that 50% match fees cut is in fact because Bhajji uttered the abusive words about Symmo's mother, which is completely against our ancient Indian culture and tradition where any mother is considered as even higher to god, would have served the puspose. On a different note, I once again feel that we can call someone "bandar" or "monkey" and we don't need a definition of racism from any 2-bit Aussie or western elites...racism has different context/meaning in different cultures/socities/countries. In India calling someone "bandar" is just a casual remark as calling "fool, mischievous" etc. and should remain like that in India without being brainwashed by western media.

Harbhajan should NOT be punished for saying "Teri Maa Ki", coz he did NOT say that. We all know what he said. On a serious note, if the Board starts suspending players for abuse like this, then half of the cricketers in the international roster will be cooling their heels, facing multiple bans. Get real guys, this is competitive sport played by grown up men, not adolescent teens. You gotto know how to take it, and if required, how to dish it out too, with interest.

On a different note, I once again feel that we can call someone "bandar" or "monkey" and we don't need a definition of racism from any 2-bit Aussie or western elites...racism has different context/meaning in different cultures/socities/countries. In India calling someone "bandar" is just a casual remark as calling "fool, mischievous" etc. and should remain like that in India without being brainwashed by western media.
Totally agree...this is just ridiculous. Just to be clear, i have been living in US for past 8 years and I do understand racism.