casualities after WC from ODI

kabira

Re: casualities after WC from ODI

I dont think Sachin will retire..he should though from ODI..
I suppose its a case of when and not if. While I can see Sachin not retiring almost immediately I also do not see him play after say another year of WC. I think he would want to retire in India, possibly in Mumbai but in my opinion 2007 cricket season would be his last. :roll::roll::roll:

he can still contribute for another 3 years in Tests, if chooses and plays ODIs..
Quite possible. My assessment is based on his current form. If he plays(in WC and 2007 calendar year) the way he has played in the past year or so then it would be best in his, and India's, interest that he retires. On the other hand if he gets back to the Sachin of late 90's then there is no reason why he shouldnt play more. However I see more of the former happening than the latter. Would be happy to be proved wrong. xxx

Re: casualities after WC from ODI Lurker, yes he seemed to be struggling.. But if you watch his innings of 100* against Windies, followed by sublime innings in Ranji Final, I would recommend you to watch few of his shots..particularly the backfoot punch down the ground...I felt old sachin is back.. Than he displays great strokeplay against Lanka.. I think his self confidence is back..and its matter of time. He is also bowling well..

But if you watch his innings of 100* against Windies, followed by sublime innings in Ranji Final, I would recommend you to watch few of his shots..particularly the backfoot punch down the ground...I felt old sachin is back.. Than he displays great strokeplay against Lanka..
Kabira, One swallow doesnt make a summer as they say. And anyway the innings you mentioned were good but not great. His century(against WI) did have a couple of lives,though admittedly towards the end. And while his century in first innings against Bengal was a fine effort it should also be mentioned that in the second innings his innings was hardly worthy of Sachin(and he got hit on the head again..this time by a bowler novice by most standards). I am not convinced he is back to normal. Here's wishing he proves me wrong! xxx

But if you watch his innings of 100* against Windies, followed by sublime innings in Ranji Final, I would recommend you to watch few of his shots..particularly the backfoot punch down the ground...I felt old sachin is back.. Than he displays great strokeplay against Lanka..
Kabira, One swallow doesnt make a summer as they say. And anyway the innings you mentioned were good but not great. His century(against WI) did have a couple of lives,though admittedly towards the end. And while his century in first innings against Bengal was a fine effort it should also be mentioned that in the second innings his innings was hardly worthy of Sachin(and he got hit on the head again..this time by a bowler novice by most standards). I am not convinced he is back to normal. Here's wishing he proves me wrong! xxx
well, i was also of the opinion that he has lost his touch n form and tht he wont b playin like the way he was in late 90s.. but when i saw the highlights of the lanka match, i cud see the confidence in him and the shots he played were awesome.. i think hes peaking at the rite moment for WC..if he carries the same confidence iinto WC, he will be a real threat for the opposition and a player to watchout for..... hope and pray tht he gets his 50the century in WC'07.. i mebe hopin for too much thou...

Re: casualities after WC from ODI I think Sachin will want to play in 2011 world cups - he'd be 37 then and it'd be the dream setting for a star like him to bow out - in the world cups, in front of his home fans. Though i think that after the Australi tour, Sachin should concentrate on Tests, nudge his average back to the near-60 mark he had until recently and take a year-and-half break from ODIs. He could come back in mid 2009 in ODIs, retire from tests around 2009/10 and have one final season of ODI glory before hanging it up permanently. Still hoping to see Tendy cross 14000 Test runs though.