Another blow for NDA as Congress, Left, AIADMK to support YSR-TDP no-trust motion in Lok Sabha

Singh bling

12 hours ago, eternalhope said:

Calling one a congressi is not labeling, I guess. The unfortunate thing is for people like us who were raised anti-congress from the time we knew anything about politics, when no party was there to even challenge the congress in the 80s, the attitude of people here is driving us more towards the congress. 

A month ago, I would be defending anything the BJP did, even a stupid move like the demonetization, but now I have become one of the guy who will be going all out against it. Does not matter we lose or win as India ends up a loser anyway as both the choices we have the BJP and Congress is like choosing between the devil or the deep sea. The third front is a ragtag, which is even worse.

Before trying to see through the Modi Prism, see the reason why most of the people who supported them are moving away. The congress was arrogant when it ruled, with Sonia dictating everything, now it is Modi, nothing changed. When CBN announced he is moving away from NDA, other parties saw a rallying point or a leader who could make the third front work as has done it and seen it all before. That should give most of the neutral observers a perspective about the state of affairs. But as CBN has seen it all how it works, he does not want to get himself involved in the national politics. Also for people like us he needs to stay at the state level as it needs him more.

Now the lies the social media is spreading without a basis and awareness of the ground situation, we know who is doing it and who are masters at it. But anyway all this debate here is just a waste of time. I don't post much and cannot believe I wrote something this long and wasted my time here. I am out, good luck. Jai Andhra.

I notice a lot of these posts online. Basically left wing supporters or secular trolls claiming to be Modi supporters who are now not anymore. Oldest trick in the book to create "hawa"

About CBN, forget about national politics. First revive the TDP in Telangana. Rallying point lol. 

you talk about rallying point, how exactly is the BJD going to rally with the TDP given they are dead opposed to the TDP pet project polavaram? Even filed a notice in the supreme court. Its the ordinance brought in by Modi which is allowing that project to proceed. Vizag has been awarded a record number of contracts to build ships for the navy. There are countless examples of central funds which are pouring into AP. The demands from CBN just did not stop. 

The problem is CBN got played by Jagan. Should have explained that AP getting funds through other means. 

14 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Correct. Though IMHO, arrogance, wanting to hog the limelight all the time is  all too visible in modi. My concern is that it will put off the voters. They may or may not vote for the opposition but may not feel the urge to go till the booth to vote for this man. The hard core bjp supporters will vote. But will that be sufficient?

the key point about turnout is a valid one. General the turnout hovered around 58-60% but in 2014, was close to 67%. Need a similar turnout.

4 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I notice a lot of these posts online. Basically left wing supporters or secular trolls claiming to be Modi supporters who are now not anymore. Oldest trick in the book to create "hawa"

About CBN, forget about national politics. First revive the TDP in Telangana. Rallying point lol. 

you talk about rallying point, how exactly is the BJD going to rally with the TDP given they are dead opposed to the TDP pet project polavaram? Even filed a notice in the supreme court. Its the ordinance brought in by Modi which is allowing that project to proceed. Vizag has been awarded a record number of contracts to build ships for the navy. There are countless examples of central funds which are pouring into AP. The demands from CBN just did not stop. 

The problem is CBN got played by Jagan. Should have explained that AP getting funds through other means. 

Can't believe it guys. You are in your own world.

Regarding TDP in telangana, it is not going to happen anytime soon. They have already been brainwashed to believe that TDP is an Andhra dominated party. Not going to happen atleast in another 20 years.

Regarding Polavaram, already the center has started creating hurdles and they screwed us for 2 months during the best phase for construction when there were no rains, asking for a design change and discussions on it just to delay the completion of the project lest CBN gets the credit. 

Countless Funds lol.

There are many other things I would like to point to but I see no point. Lets agree to disagree on each others views and move on. 

Edited by eternalhope

2 hours ago, eternalhope said:

Can't believe it guys. You are in your own world.

Regarding TDP in telangana, it is not going to happen anytime soon. They have already been brainwashed to believe that TDP is an Andhra dominated party. Not going to happen atleast in another 20 years.

Regarding Polavaram, already the center has started creating hurdles and they screwed us for 2 months during the best phase for construction when there were no rains, asking for a design change and discussions on it just to delay the completion of the project lest CBN gets the credit. 

Countless Funds lol.

There are many other things I would like to point to but I see no point. Lets agree to disagree on each others views and move on. 

Please do raise the points. Its a forum after all.

The center does not need to do anything on polavaram. Let the ordinance lapse and let Odisha fight its case on the matter in the SC. When the TDP moved a no confidence motion surely they needed to understand it was only the political will of the BJP which was allowing that project to proceed. You call a no confidence motion and you expect BJP to do something; Naveen Patnaik who holds 20 Mps (more than the TDP) is dead against? You can have it from me right now, even if BJP does not win LS 2019, if the BJD is in a position to influence the government formation that project is dead. Despite being envirioned in the 1980s polavaram was only 10% completed in 2014. As of now its 53%. This has only been due to the political capital the BJP spent on the project.

The TDP is dead in Telangana. If CBN cannot rally his cadre in a Telegu speaking state he is going to call the shots in national politics?

4 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Please do raise the points. Its a forum after all.

The center does not need to do anything on polavaram. Let the ordinance lapse and let Odisha fight its case on the matter in the SC. When the TDP moved a no confidence motion surely they needed to understand it was only the political will of the BJP which was allowing that project to proceed. You call a no confidence motion and you expect BJP to do something; Naveen Patnaik who holds 20 Mps (more than the TDP) is dead against? You can have it from me right now, even if BJP does not win LS 2019, if the BJD is in a position to influence the government formation that project is dead. Despite being envirioned in the 1980s polavaram was only 10% completed in 2014. As of now its 53%. This has only been due to the political capital the BJP spent on the project.

The TDP is dead in Telangana. If CBN cannot rally his cadre in a Telegu speaking state he is going to call the shots in national politics?

Why would CBN try to rally his cadre in telangana? He is not interested plus  are you  unaware of the issues between telangana and andhra? TDP is seen as andhra dominated so they can't get a footing in Telangana and andhras are not interested. Period.

6 hours ago, Book_Worm said:

Why would CBN try to rally his cadre in telangana? He is not interested plus  are you  unaware of the issues between telangana and andhra? TDP is seen as andhra dominated so they can't get a footing in Telangana and andhras are not interested. Period.

(a) LOL what sort of question is this. Surely the basic aim of any political party is expansion. The BJP was supposedly seen as a north Indian party yet now governs the North east. It is growing robustly in Odisha and West Bengal.  As of now BJP is bigger than the TDP in Telangana. Its a comment of the political capability of the CBN that he has allowed this image to be fostered. 

(b) Even the Andhra settlers ditched CBN in the GHMC elections. So the TDP is not even getting the settlers votes. If it is andhra dominated surely they need to vote him?

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

(a) LOL what sort of question is this. Surely the basic aim of any political party is expansion. The BJP was supposedly seen as a north Indian party yet now governs the North east. It is growing robustly in Odisha and West Bengal.  As of now BJP is bigger than the TDP in Telangana. Its a comment of the political capability of the CBN that he has allowed this image to be fostered. 

(b) Even the Andhra settlers ditched CBN in the GHMC elections. So the TDP is not even getting the settlers votes. If it is andhra dominated surely they need to vote him?

The basic aim of any political party is to fulfill the aspirations of the people it claims to represent. In this case it is Telugu pride how will it get a voter's base in bihar or mumbai?  BJP's agenda on the other hand is based on Hinduvata which is common all over india and hence it is accepted. The places where there are issues with muslims etc BJP is slowly making into roads.  North east voted for BJp as it wanted attention and development from centre which  has neglected it in the past also most of the BJP leaders in North east are ex congressmen who joined BJP.

TDP is regional like shiv sena, dmk bsp sp and aiadmk etc. Only shiv sena for a very short time managed to make a dent on national stage because of it's anti muslim stance but now it is currently reduced to what it always has been a state level party. Even if cbn has national aspirations the time has long gone he is old now and he knows it.

Andhra settlers have been in telangana for a very long time and they are not going to andhra their bread and butter and their future is in telangana  so why would they vote based on andhra feelings.  Many andhra businessman in telangana will vote for KCR's party only as it is profitable for them to do so.So what if TDP does not get anything in telangana. It's main focus is in andhra is what i am saying. TDP  in telangana is not being given importance  by CBN as his main focus is andhra pradesh.

Edited by Book_Worm

41 minutes ago, Book_Worm said:

The basic aim of any political party is to fulfill the aspirations of the people it claims to represent. In this case it is Telugu pride how will it get a voter's base in bihar or mumbai?  BJP's agenda on the other hand is based on Hinduvata which is common all over india and hence it is accepted. The places where there are issues with muslims etc BJP is slowly making into roads.  North east voted for BJp as it wanted attention and development from centre which  has neglected it in the past also most of the BJP leaders in North east are ex congressmen who joined BJP.

TDP is regional like shiv sena, dmk bsp sp and aiadmk etc. Only shiv sena for a very short time managed to make a dent on national stage because of it's anti muslim stance but now it is currently reduced to what it always has been a state level party. Even if cbn has national aspirations the time has long gone he is old now and he knows it.

Andhra settlers have been in telangana for a very long time and they are not going to andhra their bread and butter and their future is in telangana  so why would they vote based on andhra feelings.  Many andhra businessman in telangana will vote for KCR's party only as it is profitable for them to do so.So what if TDP does not get anything in telangana. It's main focus is in andhra is what i am saying. TDP  in telangana is not being given importance  by CBN as his main focus is andhra pradesh.

Well thats why I mentioned Telangana. TDP surely representing the people Telegu pride should be a player atleast in Telangana. CBN is not interested cause he knows the party is dead. You forget GMHC election was the final stand of the TDP. Lokesh and CBN held many rallies.

Keep in mind CBN has always had ambitions for TDP to a national party. To this end they even field candidates in Andaman 

https://www.livemint.com/Politics/5Fj18qBaW38VnsKnp8nNOJ/TDPs-victory-in-Andaman-polls-may-boost-its-bid-to-achieve.html

The BSP fields candidates everywhere. They are in alliance with Jd(s) for the Karnataka polls.

BJP is making inroads in places like Odisha which does not have muslim issues. Its making inroads due to a strong work ethic and cadre booth management. The difference between the TDP and the BJP is that its not a hereditary property. Somebody like Dharmendra Pradhan rose through the grassroots in Odisha.