Triple S Will Power India to the Top

Dhondy

Funny. I thought the season was coming to a close? I recall the side beating England away from home after 25 years, beating Pakistan at home for the first time in 30 years, and practically drawing a series with Australia in their backyard after they had used all comers as punching bag for two and a half years. Let's see, now that's a really depressing thought, and I need a dose of reality, right?
When informed fans like you are getting confused between ODIs and tests, I guess we can't blame the selectors.
When informed fans like you are getting confused between ODIs and tests' date=' I guess we can't blame the selectors.[/quote'] Which bit of this line in the OP did you not understand?
If these three stay fit, India will dominate all comers in Test cricket for the years ahead.

No probs, Bunny. You probably haven't been here for that long, otherwise you'd know that I'm supremely indifferent towards ODI cricket. As I said to Shwetabh, I only follow it as a pointer to the possession of bottle or otherwise of new guys and the form and fitness of returning players.

Rohit played well, but his footwork at times was worrying. He's got some lovely shots, but wasn't very convincing at times on the backfoot. What really upset me was his dismissal. Failed to read the situation and game and got out in a very immature manner. Anyone could tell it was Lee's last over for the spell and that he'd be replaced soon. Rohit only had to play him out carefully (especially with Gambhir gone the previous over), He's an incredibly talented player, but I think he needs to tighten his game and start using his head more if he's going to live up to the hype.
Couldnt agree more. The single that brought the struggling Tiwari to face Lee should have been avoided, and he should have taken the next over himself - the collapse wouldnt have happened then.
Nope, he shouldn't have gone as far as shielding a fellow batsman from the strike. But getting out in that manner is unforgivable.
I thought he shouldnt have taken the run. It was obvious that MT was struggling against Lee, and was going to be a goner in the next over - It was as painfully obvious as watching Michael Holding against Gaekwad! In fact, I am pretty sure Ponting wouldnt have bowled Lee (7th over ) if RS was at the striker's end.
I thought he shouldnt have taken the run. It was obvious that MT was struggling against Lee, and was going to be a goner in the next over - It was as painfully obvious as watching Michael Holding against Gaekwad! In fact, I am pretty sure Ponting wouldnt have bowled Lee (7th over ) if RS was at the striker's end.
He will probably learn things with experience...
its amazing how india has gone from having no bowling attack to a very good attack in just a few years
I don't think it just happened in a few years. For quite some time we had produced some good pace bowlers Zaheer Khan, Nehra, Balaji... etc. It was building up slowly, given the work done by MRF pace foundation. It was just a matter of time before we got the combination going. It was about having more than one good pace bowler at a time - which will increase the competitiveness and push them further. It was around the corner, now is the time!
Dhondy' date=' will we be able to put runs on the board , by the time these three Ss mature to take 20 wickets every match? This is the only problem I foresee for the Indian cricket in tests in a couple of years![/quote'] A couple of years is a long time, Chandan, and it is a very, very long time in Indian cricket, which is metamorphosing in front of our very eyes. Can you see the pace at which it is changing? Ask yourself, where were RP Singh, Sreesanth or Ishant Sharma two years ago? Did you have your money on them? This is no longer an amateur set up, where you took a bat and ball and went for a knock-up in the park. There's huge money at stake, enormous interest from youngsters, good coaching available at higher levels, fantastic role models, and the inspiration provided by an increasingly successful national team. You are looking at an explosion of interest from punters right now, that will progressively grow as the rewards escalate. Mediocrity can't survive in environs like these. There's just too much competetion. When Gavaskar retired, many people felt that India would never have a batsman of that calibre again. It took precisely 2 years for Tendulkar to burst through. The next transition will be much shorter.
The next transition will be much shorter.
One hopes that two very good batsmen will emerge at Test Level before Tendu and Dravid hang their boots. Who will that be? Rohit Sharma is certainly a good prospect - but I dont want to sing his praises till he has played some more. Who else? For Tests, any other prospects besides R.Sharma? (Badrinath, yes, but he is not so young and has maybe few years left - still one hopes he will get a Test chance)

Doesn't Ishant remind of Mcgrath ? Bhailog.. Doesn't Ishant reminds u all of Glen Mcgrath,I am not comparing Sharma with Glen but the line and length , the probing line just outside the off stump and ball just coming in or sometimes holding the line. Remember the dismissal of Punter at Perth ... he bowled him on the same channel for one 1 hr and then he finally screwed him, its the way Glen had been doing consistently against all the great batsman. Even Steve Waugh after seeing him at MCG said he reminded him of Glen Mcgrath.