Triple S Will Power India to the Top

Dhondy

Did you see those deliveries, folks? Sharma jagging the ball in from a couple of feet outside the off to hit the top of Hope's off. Sreesanth's jinging outswinger squaring up Ponting like a schoolboy, with Sehwag plucking it out of the air like Newton's apple. Both deliveries were timed at a shade over 142 kph. No doubt RP Singh is sitting at home, licking his chops, waiting to practice his trade again, the vicious inswingers and outswingers that have flummoxed some of the best batsmen in the world. Back in 1994, there was a medical trial called 4S that discovered a class of drugs called statins, that was to change the lives of heart patients, save thousands of lives the world over over the next few years. Indian cricket is on the cusp of a similar revolution- this time it's the 3S that are involved- Sreesanth-Sharma-Singh RP. If these three stay fit, India will dominate all comers in Test cricket for the years ahead. Sharma and Sreesanth impress me so much. Both strong, wiry lads, Sharma has the added advantage of his height, intelligent, and above all two who give off a 100% at any time of asking. A world removed from the brainless Munaf Patels of this world, honest hard working cricketers without dope tainted records- may they grow and prosper.

exactly, this is the best thing happened to Indian cricket this year.. one good thing about sharma is he doesn't get carried away.. i hope sreesanth also bring that in him then he can be a much much better bowler what he is rite now.. Itz heartning to see a bowline line up being appreciated and that too by us Indianz who have been alwayz crying for a proper bowler..

Hope u dont say Singh Harbi even by mistake :hysterical:
There is a 4th S, but he's obviously not Harbhajan, and he is not a bowler. It's Rohit Sharma. The lad was born for the big stage, has oodles of talent, a very straight bat, and with a bit of coaching, we'll have our next great middle order batsman.

For cricketics, our bowling attack will be ZZZZ. Zak Zreezanth Zingh Zharma Sreesanth was outstanding. He was bowling one ripper after another and Sharma's first delivery to Clarke was awesome. If these guys stay injury free, we are going to continue to be the force we are in test cricket. And like I have been saying, Rohit Sharma is the real deal. The next great talent out of Mumbai since SRT.

lets not get carried away and forget that we got bowled out for 74 and 193 in our last 2 games Lost the 20-20 game in just 30 overs
To be fair to the youngsters, they walk into the bouncy Australian pitches with no practice whatsoever. The Ranji match experience is no match for playing Aussies in Australia. So I must say, Good test for the youngsters and we will find out the men among boys....guyz like Rohit Sharma are showing some promise.
lets not get carried away and forget that we got bowled out for 74 and 193 in our last 2 games Lost the 20-20 game in just 30 overs and didnt do great in today's game either ... Just getting 3 wickets on a seaming track doesnt make our bowling attack deadly !
That's one way of looking at it of course, but it doesn't necessarily make it a realistic assessment of our prospects. The 74 you have quoted was in a 20-20 game. It's so far removed from real cricket, it doesn't come into the equation. The batting effort we saw today was poor, yes, but the Indians will learn from it. Our two key batsmen at the top of the order failed. Sachin was unlucky and Sehwag will sooner or later realise that he is better off playing straight in both versions of the game. Watch out when he does that! And yes, 3 wickets do not a West Indian pace quartet make, but we have seen enough of Sharma and Singh in this series, and Singh and Sreesanth before that to be really hopeful. Not often do you make a top batsman like Ponting look like a beginner and turn out to be flash in the pan, hey?
They're good' date=' no doubt, but to judge them on the basis of the juiced up Gabba wicket is not the yardstick one would want to employ in general.[/quote'] No, not really, as I stated earlier. But I have watched enough cricket in this series to be considered an incorrigible optimist based on the OP, I daresay.
I will be pleasently surprised if India is able to win even 2 games in the CB series. I agree with getting the young guys in but I think we do need at least 2 of the big 3 (dravid , SRT & Ganguly) play as much as possible with these young guys.
Ditto. Especially judging them for ODIs (90% of which are played on flat tracks).
I know Indian fans are an anxious lot, ridden with self-doubt from years of dashed expectations, but I am not here to hold your hand and reassure you that all is going to be fine with our lot. If you can't see the portents, call up the neighburhood Uncle Freud, get into his psycho-babble enabled swivel-chair and get a dose of Prozac to perk yourself up. You ain't getting that stuff for free from here.

My only possible disagreement is on the fourth S. Rohit played well, but his footwork at times was worrying. He's got some lovely shots, but wasn't very convincing at times on the backfoot. What really upset me was his dismissal. Failed to read the situation and game and got out in a very immature manner. Anyone could tell it was Lee's last over for the spell and that he'd be replaced soon. Rohit only had to play him out carefully (especially with Gambhir gone the previous over), and then wait for someone else to come on to milk. By throwing his bat mindlessly, not only did he give Lee another wicket but gave Australia reason to keep him on longer to go for the kill when trying to bowl India out. He's an incredibly talented player, but I think he needs to tighten his game and start using his head more if he's going to live up to the hype.

I know Indian fans are an anxious lot, ridden with self-doubt from years of dashed expectations, but I am not here to hold your hand and reassure you that all is going to be fine with our lot. If you can't see the portents, call up the neighburhood Uncle Freud, get into his psycho-babble enabled swivel-chair and get a dose of Prozac to perk yourself up. You ain't getting that stuff for free from here.
LOL!! Let the season progress and then you will get some reality dose for free.
LOL!! Let the season progress and then you will get some reality dose for free.
Funny. I thought the season was coming to a close? I recall the side beating England away from home after 25 years, beating Pakistan at home for the first time in 30 years, and practically drawing a series with Australia in their backyard after they had used all comers as punching bag for two and a half years. Let's see, now that's a really depressing thought, and I need a dose of reality, right?