Ganguly bats for debutant Manoj Tiwary

suraj

Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly has come out in support of his Bengal team-mate Manoj Tiwary after the newcomer made a dismal debut getting out for just two runs against Australia on Sunday. "Manoj is a good cricketer and has loads of runs in domestic cricket. The faster he can acclimatise with the weather and conditions in Australia, the better he can perform. You cannot judge a cricketer from one match," Ganguly said. Manoj was bowled out for two runs in his debut match at the Gabba in Brisbane, as the hosts dismissed India for 194 in 45 overs in a rain-marred first match of the Commonwealth Bank triangular one-day series. Reminded about the similarity of Manoj making his debut in Australia in the same fashion as he did in 1992, Souvrav said: "That is real nice. I wish all the best. Hope he plays well for the country and makes us proud." Sourav said Manoj had some discussions with him before he left for Australia. "Just a few, little words, some suggestions. He will turn around given a chance," Ganguly said. On whether he would play in the Duleep Trophy and Ranji one-dayers, Ganguly said, "I have not decided as yet. Let's see." Ganguly spoke at Eden Gardens where he came to autograph the certificates of the blood donors on Frank Worrell Day. "I am very happy to be back on this occasion here. I used to come here as a junior cricketer. It feels good to be a part of the tradition," he said. Asked about India's chances in the tri-series also featuring Sri Lanka, he said, "All are tough teams. I wish India luck." On whether he had any advice for the young brigade led by M.S. Dhoni, he said, "What suggestions can I give? I can only wish them luck." Ganguly was disappointed after being axed from the one-day international team along with Rahul Dravid. In a recent interview he had said, "Even I'm surprised that I'm at home here and not at the Gabba." http://www.cricketndtv.com/convergence/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080040262&site=ndtv