Avengers : Infinity war, Share your reviews of the movie. [spolier]

Scar

On 5/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, kira said:

Wrong, good and bad is not subjective, people's like and dislike are subjective, a movie may not be good but if a lot of people find it entertaining then it will do great business. A movie's quality is decided by the quality of the script/story, the depth of characters, the quality of acting, direction etc all of which are objective parameters but it doesn't mean a movie which scores highly on these objective points will be popular since most people are simply going to the movies to be entertained, so even if a movie is bad but if most people enjoy it then it will be successful, so success isn't the right criteria to judge a movie. 

I don't even mind such movies since the main goal of a movie is to entertain and that's why such movies are made in the first place but it doesn't mean we should overlook other criteria while judging a movie.  A fast and furious may be more successful than a shawshank redemption but you can't ignore the fact that a shawshank redemption is qualitatively a much superior movie to a fast and furious. We are discussing the quality of the movie here and not the popularity, so I disagree with your premise that if most people like a movie then it's automatically good.

good and bad, especially in art, is not an empiric fact, it is subject to opinion. what i may think is a good movie, another might not and vice versa. 

As to the DC vs Marvel - DC has the character depth & storyline, Marvel has the cool CGI fight scenes and cool abilities gamut. They cater to different tastes, really. 

And yes, qualitatively Shawshank Redemption is a better movie, in terms of acting, directing, lighting, storyline and character development. Fast and Furious is better in terms of graphics & visual effects ( not just graphic effects- the actors in the movie are more appealing to the eye as well). However, which one is better - Shawshank Redemption or the Deer Hunter ? Which one is worse - Fast and Furious or Transformers ? These are purely matter of taste.