Plz recommend - buying a new cell phone device

fineleg

I'm having an issue with my current cell phone. I'm unable to charge it properly. When I plug in the charger, I am only able to charge it if my phone is switched off. Otherwise it does not charge... Anyways, long story short - I'm thinking of buying a new cell phone. Preferably AT&T Wireless/Cingular or Verizon. Given that its been 2-3 years since I upgraded my simple camera phone, I'm interested in knowing whats your preferred cell phone devices in the market today. I dont want something too expensive - a decent one which I can get with a 1-year or 2-year contract. Give me options for both: 1. Phone (camera phone) 2. Phone + data device (email, browsing) etc iPhone is probably too expensive for me.

From CNET: The good: The Sony Ericsson W810i is augmented by an attractive design; an improved keypad; great music quality; and a generous range of exceptional features, including Bluetooth, a 2-megapixel camera, an MP3 player, a memory card slot, and a speakerphone. The bad: The Sony Ericsson W810i suffers from staticky call quality and glitchy music transfer software. Also, it lacks a Bluetooth stereo profile, and the integrated memory is limited to 20MB.

Staticky call quality ? That just BS, i have never any such problem. And I have 128 Mb memory card, which means I can take nearly 50-55 photos are 2 MP. Its got everything a basic but good phone needs, a decent camera, Bluetooth, Walkman, FM Radio, easy file transfer and all the works. It plays MP3, so i always my most fav songs in my hears when i am traveling. IIRC, i think it comes a with a $50 mailing rebate now, but that was nearly a year ago, so I dont whats the deal now.

pic03.jpg Mine is Iphone Skinned Record Conv's with a single click Real Player Bluetooth Radio Capability gmail google Built-in Picture Editor Linux Based Outlook sync with appointments right in front of screen mini-sd card all touch-screen Camera takes picture of business cards and applies them to the contact with phone, email etc notepad create folders just like PC stylus attached

I have the iphone' date=' and I absolutely love it. Kind of expensive, but combines mp3player, phone, and pda very well.[/quote']
I'd suggest you atleast go to the nearest apple store and play with it before you make your final choice.
I'm sure iPhone is really cool. I'll try to play with it in some Apple store. However, it is expensive.

will you take data plan? Apo, No data plan is my current thinking (thinking abt it a bit - but mostly will go with no data plan, only voice) what is your current plan with? AT&T Wireless(Cingular) will you switch carrier? Yes- maybe to Verizon or remain with AT&T...I dont want Sprint

How about this RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8130? You can get it with Verizon
I think Pearl is available with AT&T w as well? Correct? How is Samsung Sync? Any opinions on Samsung Sync or Samsung a437? Samsung A437 samsung_a437_red_l.gif Sync: samsungsync_black_l_att_.gifwill need to read up some reviews...i'm lagging behind on the latest news on mobile devices

Yes Pearl is available with AT&T also but I think you have to pay 100 bucks and extend your contract by 2 years. I am also looking for a new phone as am I out of my contract with AT&T. Samsung a437 are not worth it. By the way how much are you willing to spend on phone at max?

Yes Pearl is available with AT&T also but I think you have to pay 100 bucks and extend your contract by 2 years. I am also looking for a new phone as am I out of my contract with AT&T. Samsung a437 are not worth it. By the way how much are you willing to spend on phone at max?
Ah, you are looking for one too...Great...I'll look with you on the net :D Lemme know if you find one... 1. Are you looking to change carrier as well at the same time? (I dont have to, but I will if necessary for a good deal.) 2. Is the Pearl cheaper at Verizon? 3. Have you looked at Costco for deals on phone service and phone? 4. How much I want to pay max? Probably 50-70 bucks...at the max 100-ish

1. Are you looking to change carrier as well at the same time? (I dont have to, but I will if necessary for a good deal.) I might though I have no problems with Cingular. I did not find any good deals with Verizon yet 2. Is the Pearl cheaper at Verizon? Actually not. It is 100 bucks. 3. Have you looked at Costco for deals on phone service and phone? I dont have a Costco membership 4. How much I want to pay max? Probably 50-70 bucks...at the max 100-ish I would like to call Cingular and try to threaten them that I will leave them and see if they give me blackberry cheaper or free :D