So his name is Rajdhani Express from now

Cricketics

From 3-31-1 at one point' date=' he had figures of 7/2 in his next 6 overs, finally finishing with 4/38 in 9.1. Awesome[/quote'] truly Ambros-ish style :haha:

No, Pred.As I said in my Triple S thread, and the article on pacemen on the front page, Sharma-Singh-Sreesanth have got to be the top three choices, ahead of Zaheer and Pathan. Nothing against Zaheer, but gotta go with the young guns. Not often your future is also your present. Bet you though that our venerable selectors go in with two spinners for the SA series.

No, Pred.As I said in my Triple S thread, and the article on pacemen on the front page, Sharma-Singh-Sreesanth have got to be the top three choices, ahead of Zaheer and Pathan. Nothing against Zaheer, but gotta go with the young guns. Not often your future is also your present. Bet you though that our venerable selectors go in with two spinners for the SA series.
Our Indian pitches are not pace friendly, so there is no sanity in picking 4/5 pace men in your playing XI

Every batsman goes through ups and downs, it's now Ponting's time to bore the brunt. He seems to struggle even lasting few overs. I guess the down slide may have started for him and he may never again be able to enjoy the golden run he had for few years.

Our Indian pitches are not pace friendly' date=' so there is no sanity in picking 4/5 pace men in your playing XI[/quote'] Better have a rotation policy so that our fast bowlers r not burn out and neither get injured frequently.We have Zaheer,Irfan,RP,Ishat... we can rotate them in the upcoming test .
Every batsman goes through ups and downs' date=' it's now Ponting's time to bore the brunt. He seems to struggle even lasting few overs. I guess the down slide may have started for him and he may never again be able to enjoy the golden run he had for few years.[/quote'] And that's going to decide if he is a legend or a great.
Our Indian pitches are not pace friendly' date=' so there is no sanity in picking 4/5 pace men in your playing XI[/quote'] That's what you'd think, wouldn't you? Good fast bowlers will score on all tracks though. The trick is to select the three best and pair them with Kumble, and give them the pitch to go with it. We can do it, just requires a bit of courage and will.
I guess the down slide may have started for him and he may never again be able to enjoy the golden run he had for few years.
Ravi, the moment he walks onto the pitch against Pakistan, feasts his eyes on their sh itty, scrawny medium pacers and pie-chucking spinners - it will be like the golden run never stopped in the first place. Hundreds, double hundreds, he will be back scoring in no time. Recently he has been undone by quality fast bowling - a rarity these days.

BTW, Pred, I am convinced that right handers can't survive against Sharma if they look to play him to the off. You've got to open up your stance against him (a two eyed stance), and look to play him predominantly towards the leg, a bit like what Tendulkar does all the time.