This Game Reinforces..

16 str8

Guest HariSampath
Good player that Rudi Sreesanth.
You too have fantastic players like Steve Symmonds and Mark Clarke who helped Aus to that hysteric test win at Sydney
We too have won Limited overs world cups thrice. 1. 1983 Prudential world cup ( unseating the mighty Windies , 2 time winners , for the first time) 2. 1985 World championship of Cricket in Australia , without dropping a single game , when all the major nations played 3. 2007 T20 world cup in SAF....for the inaugural edition So if you see India in limited overs cricket in tournaments where all top sides play, we havent done too badly Even in recent series past few months , we are the only side to be successful against Aussies ( out of 6 ODIs plus 1 T20 back home, we won 3 games) Even in this series, India would have been 2-0 up against Aus, but for the rain.. We are the reigning T20 champs , and Aus has beaten us just once in this version ( on an off day), but Aus are the regning 50 overs champs and we have beaten them more often . ( and more to come)
woow... now that's some stats. Thanxs hari bhai . :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath
Thatz news...really? - hats off to that team if so :hatsoff:
Oh yeah, that was under Sunny Gavaskar's captaincy and India was under tremendous pressure to do well, being the sitting World Champions ( with everyone calling '83 win a fluke)...we came out on top, and won straight games, against England ,Australia, New Zealand, and Pakistan to lift the B & H World championship of cricket. All the top sides played in that contest and were at their peaks. Imran's Pakistan, Border's Australia, Gower's England, NZ with Hadlee and Lloyd's Windies as well as SL... we just danced through the tournament breaking no sweat...was a classic win. ( Ravi shastri and Krish Srikkanth took most teams to the cleaners, and Shastri won player of tournament and Krish won player of finals)
Damning with faint praise? That's not very Australian, is it? I think India have done hugely well to match Australia in the Test series and then put one over them at their favourite ground now in the ODIs. Not many sides can boast of that. Australia should be proud of the fact that they competed, but in the end India's bowling excellence was too much for them. Gilly got a bad decision, but so did Sehwag. What happened to the old adage- it all evens out? Is that to be intoned only when it suits you, like after daylight robbery at Sydney? Australia now respect India, and know they can be beaten at their own game in their backyard, which is what this rambling OP proves. It's been a long time coming, this snivelling thread, but it was well worth the wait. It sums up the anger, frustration, fury and humiliation that every Australian fan and player is feeling right now.
Oh you mean this feeling? http://im.rediff.com/wc2007/2007/mar/18look.jpg I think shock would be a more suitable adjective. I mean, Australia lost? When does that happen? And i'm not sure what you mean by "their own game." Cricket just fills in the time between the Rugby League and AFL season in Aust. (Which are only a month away!!!)
Oh yeah, that was under Sunny Gavaskar's captaincy and India was under tremendous pressure to do well, being the sitting World Champions ( with everyone calling '83 win a fluke)...we came out on top, and won straight games, against England ,Australia, New Zealand, and Pakistan to lift the B & H World championship of cricket. All the top sides played in that contest and were at their peaks. Imran's Pakistan, Border's Australia, Gower's England, NZ with Hadlee and Lloyd's Windies as well as SL... we just danced through the tournament breaking no sweat...was a classic win. ( Ravi shastri and Krish Srikkanth took most teams to the cleaners, and Shastri won player of tournament and Krish won player of finals)
hari bhai if u can enlighten me .. even Azhar and Shivaramakrishnan (leggie) also played a vital part .
Sure. It will be all over the back pages when you win your next game. You reckon Ponting will develop snuffles on TV like Kim Hughes did?
Of course it will be. But only in summer, after February it's footy season!! And cricket knows better than to go head to head with those codes. And I doubt it. The closest any captain is likely to come to that is Kumble with his whinge of the century after Sydney.
Guest HariSampath
hari bhai if u can enlighten me .. even Azhar and Shivaramakrishnan (leggie) also played a vital part .
LS played a vital role in bowling , along with Shastri and kapil in the 1985 win. In fact today's win against Aussies was the first win in mebourne against Aus after 1985...same way we had a low total to chase that day , 164 to win, and Shastri and Srikkanth just wiped it away with a 100+ stand...even Shastri was talking about that match today at the break, Krish got 93 notout and was again player of the game.
Guest HariSampath
Of course it will be. But only in summer, after February it's footy season!! And cricket knows better than to go head to head with those codes. And I doubt it. The closest any captain is likely to come to that is Kumble with his whinge of the century after Sydney.
we dont play rugby.....but in case you play chess, please seend them over, we have the world champion who can simultaneously beat at least 11 Aussie players ( with a sum total of one brain between them)
we dont play rugby.....but in case you play chess' date=' please seend them over, we have the world champion who can simultaneously beat at least 11 Aussie players ( with a sum total of one brain between them)[/quote'] One brain between 12 chess players? And the supposed world champion at that? Have another go at that one.... We can do a swap. You send some boys from India over to play Rugby League. Now THAT would be hilarious!
Guest HariSampath

^ Oh, and I should also remind Indian fans that in 1989 India conducted the MRF world championships with 6 top teams playing. Australia, Windies, pakistan, England SriLanka and India. This was a format when ALL teams had to play ALL teams on a league basis, and at the end of this, INDIA topped the whole group. There was a stupid system of 4 out of 6 teams again playing semifinals ( could have been just top 2 sides playing finals), and unfortunately India lost in Semis, despite having dominated the tournament when all other teams finished lower on points. This was the 1989 MRF cup we played and all top sides again participated, Border's Aussies, Lloyd's Windies etc, India was captained by Krish Srikkanth, this was just before Sachin's debut series. BTW...even in the 1987 world cup, we just lost in the semi finals, so India have had a very good ODI performance on the world stage , we were the finalists in 2003 which Aus won ( on an off day)....so add up all the points and India is right up there with champion sides of the 1980s as well as upto now in ODIs

we dont play rugby.....but in case you play chess' date=' please seend them over, we have the world champion who can simultaneously beat at least 11 Aussie players ( with a sum total of one brain between them)[/quote'] :haha::dance::giggle: Even a junior Grand Master will be too much for Aussie convicts in Chess....brain is not the forte of Kangaroo land. :icflove:
Guest HariSampath
One brain between 12 chess players? And the supposed world champion at that? Have another go at that one.... We can do a swap. You send some boys from India over to play Rugby League. Now THAT would be hilarious!
NO I meant One brain between 11 players ( yours), but if you insist that there would only be one among 12 players , I take your word for it......AND it would belong to our champion...and the rest of the 11...do the math if u can..:finger:
:haha::dance::giggle: Even a junior Grand Master will be too much for Aussie convicts in Chess....brain is not the forte of Kangaroo land. :icflove:
But only 61% of Indian's are considered literate, compared to a remarkable 99% of Australian's. (I can give you the links if you want) It appears it is the Indian's that have no need for their brain in day to day life. But you can keep your chess. Hey, if it is included in the Olympics India might even improve on its tally of just 1 medal in the 2004 Olympics. LOL, that's a ratio of 1 medal for every 1.1 billion people. :haha::haha::haha:
NO I meant One brain between 11 players ( yours)' date=' but if you insist that there would only be one among 12 players , I take your word for it......AND it would belong to our champion...and the rest of the 11...do the math if u can..:finger:[/quote'] LoL this is getting hilarious. India, the country with over 1.1 billion people, has to resort to their lone chess champion in an argument.