Indians showed their true colors

putrevus

Mahela was right India is way too inconsistent to be reckoned serious threat to Aussies,They knew it was 29 overs match and why were dhoni and Rohit milking singles instead of going for boundaries ,Robin and Irfan were still in the hut so they could have gone for brooke, I can expect that from Rohit but our captain he is bent on taking singles, the problem with Dhoni is he cannot improvise , They should have scored more than 210 easily with so many wickets in hands.Sreesanth proved again he needs to prove more on field rather than opening his big mouth. Indian team becomes too cocky after one win imagine how cocky Aussies should become after so many wins, Dhoni comes out after the match and gives excuses about " the revised target left his bowlers with no cushion at all in the rain-truncated match". They got their butt kicked and he is coming up with excuses be a man and accept that fact that you got your butts kicked.

Indian team becomes too cocky after one win imagine how cocky Aussies should become after so many wins,
Rubbish! What cockiness did you witness in the Indian team after that one victory? Did any member even utter a word? If he did, will you please show me what did he say that looked too cocky to you?
Rubbish! What cockiness did you witness in the Indian team after that one victory? Did any member even utter a word? If he did, will you please show me what did he say that looked too cocky to you?
Sehwag said Australia were "scared and a little worried" that India can beat them at home what does this show , is this not cocky
Sehwag said Australia were "scared and a little worried" that India can beat them at home what does this show ' date=' is this not cocky[/quote'] Whatever they said against Australia, they backed it up by their performance. What did they say before the Lanka match that you thought they became too cocky after just one victory? Please go and quote their statements to prove your comment. As for the match, they couldn't have done anything about it. Even if they'd have scored 210 runs, the target would have been 160 instead of 154. What difference would that have made since they had two overs left after they overhauled this score of 154? Rain curtailed matches are lottery. And I don't think Indians would be losing any sleep over this loss.
Sehwag said Australia were "scared and a little worried" that India can beat them at home what does this show ' date=' is this not cocky[/quote'] No not at all, aren't aussies worried that India is threatening there dominance? If you look at the records for the past 6 months or two both have been almost even, with Aus having slight edge. That for a champion team which claims we will whitewash India is something to be worried. Let me tell you what is cockiness, after having been proven to be no match for Aus in the recent past & after getting decimated & humiliated by Aus in the last match. To claim that "Australia are not dominating world cricket at the moment & The rest of the world is catching up to them, especially in one-day cricket", because India have been successful is cockiness! And just because India lost a match to SL in a rain truncated match it doesn't prove India are bad at what they are doing.
No not at all, aren't aussies worried that India is threatening there dominance? If you look at the records for the past 6 months or two both have been almost even, with Aus having slight edge. That for a champion team which claims we will whitewash India is something to be worried. Let me tell you what is cockiness, after having been proven to be no match for Aus in the recent past & after getting decimated & humiliated by Aus in the last match. To claim that "Australia are not dominating world cricket at the moment & The rest of the world is catching up to them, especially in one-day cricket", because India have been successful is cockiness! And just because India lost a match to SL in a rain truncated match it doesn't prove India are bad at what they are doing.
This is not the point, IR. putrevus believes that Indian became cocky AFTER this victory. I'm still waiting for his reply as to how he came at that conclusion or which statement of which player AFTER India's victory over Australia forced him to believe so.
Mahela was right India is way too inconsistent to be reckoned serious threat to Aussies,They knew it was 29 overs match and why were dhoni and Rohit milking singles instead of going for boundaries ,Robin and Irfan were still in the hut so they could have gone for broke, I can expect that from Rohit but our captain he is bent on taking singles, the problem with Dhoni is he cannot improvise , They should have scored more than 210 easily with so many wickets in hands.Sreesanth proved again he needs to prove more on field rather than opening his big mouth. Indian team becomes too cocky after one win imagine how cocky Aussies should become after so many wins, Dhoni comes out after the match and gives excuses about " the revised target left his bowlers with no cushion at all in the rain-truncated match". They got their butt kicked and he is coming up with excuses be a man and accept that fact that you got your butts kicked.
India could have certainly accelerated more given that it was a 29 over match. However in a rain curtailed match, the side searching the score has an advantage which is exactly what happened. When Jayasurya is in song, you will see ball flying all over the ground. Sreeshant happened to be one who got the brunt of the attack. So dont look at every opportunity to say, "I told you so... this team sucks etc.". If you have this attitude, dont ****in watch cricket. Cricket will have ups and downs. As far as Dhoni making excuses, what else would you say: We are incapable. SL took the match away. We are incompetent. We got our butts kicked. SL is the world cup runner up. Get a life. Will ya. :isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute:
This is not the point' date=' IR. putrevus believes that Indian became cocky [b']AFTER this victory. I'm still waiting for his reply as to how he came at that conclusion or which statement of which player AFTER India's victory over Australia forced him to believe so.
I was exactly saying that, India has been the single biggest threat to aussie dominance. Sehwag stated that, what is cockiness in that? They didn't play abysmally bad, they lost because of D/lewis and a couple of overs of mayhem. To claim India was over confident is completely false & unsubstantiated.
No not at all, aren't aussies worried that India is threatening there dominance? If you look at the records for the past 6 months or two both have been almost even, with Aus having slight edge. That for a champion team which claims we will whitewash India is something to be worried. Let me tell you what is cockiness, after having been proven to be no match for Aus in the recent past & after getting decimated & humiliated by Aus in the last match. To claim that "Australia are not dominating world cricket at the moment & The rest of the world is catching up to them, especially in one-day cricket", because India have been successful is cockiness! And just because India lost a match to SL in a rain truncated match it doesn't prove India are bad at what they are doing.
this is the record of India against Aussies from 2003 filtered 2003-2008 25 5 16 0 4 0.31 26.56 4.89 303 125 this includes matches played in India. India 2003-2008 13 2 8 0 3 0.25 24.36 4.73 303 125 this is neutral venues and in Australia. India 2004-2008 8 2 5 0 1 0.40 28.55 4.84 303 151 this is in Australia alone including last win.if you exclude that win they won one game against Aussies in 8 years . They didn't win even one game when they toured in 1999-2000 .So the record is not even close, you like Sewhag are confused between test matches which are 6-5 in favor of Aussies which is very close. India has played well against Australia in Tests not in odis it is not even close.

People are getting confused here India odi record in last two years is just average they are just above .500 mark , which is hardly great , As I mentioned in my earlier post yuvraj is key to Indian success if he fires India stands a chance because he can take the game away from any team and he is the finisher for Indian team in ODIs either chasing and setting up the target. Yuvraj is their best odi player after Sachin these two have to make big scores for india to win.

this is the record of India against Aussies from 2003 filtered 2003-2008 25 5 16 0 4 0.31 26.56 4.89 303 125 this includes matches played in India. India 2003-2008 13 2 8 0 3 0.25 24.36 4.73 303 125 this is neutral venues and in Australia. India 2004-2008 8 2 5 0 1 0.40 28.55 4.84 303 151 this is in Australia alone including last win.if you exclude that win they won one game against Aussies in 8 years . They didn't win even one game when they toured in 1999-2000 .So the record is not even close, you like Sewhag are confused between test matches which are 6-5 in favor of Aussies which is very close. India has played well against Australia in Tests not in odis it is not even close.
Before replying to some one you must read what he writes. I wrote:
If you look at the records for the past 6 months or two both have been almost even, with Aus having slight edge.
what I meant to write was "6 months or so", but I wrote "or two", but I reckon it was still understandable... If I am right the we only considered India a serious challenge to the aussies only during the past year, Before that we only managed to challenge aussies in the test. Well let us see what India have achieved in the past year rather than 6 months, which is a pretty short period. Aus V/s India in ODIs IndiaAusODILastyear.jpg The stats are 4-3 in favor of Aus with 2 n/rs Aus V/s India in Tests IndiaAusTestLastyear.jpg The stats are 2-1 in favor of Aus with one darw, and every one knew it was more close than what the stats suggests. Aus V/s India in T20s IndiaAusT20Lastyear.jpg The stats are 2-1 in favor of India. If we consider limited overs games alone both are even on 5-5, in tests 2-1 in favor of Aus. Overall its iis 7-6 in favor of Aus In the same time period how has SL faired against Aus? A 2-0 whitewash in tests. A 3-0 whitewash in ODIs. 1-0 in T20s On the whole it is 6-0 in favor of Aus. Yet Mahela is fine with the nonsesnse, he claimed? But shewag and Indian Team are cocky for what they claimed! :hysterical::hysterical:
People are getting confused here India odi record in last two years is just average they are just above .500 mark , which is hardly great , As I mentioned in my earlier post yuvraj is key to Indian success if he fires India stands a chance because he can take the game away from any team and he is the finisher for Indian team in ODIs either chasing and setting up the target. Yuvraj is their best odi player after Sachin these two have to make big scores for india to win.
But how does this make Indians cocky AFTER the victory against Australia?
Before replying to some one you must read what he writes. I wrote: what I meant to write was "6 months or so", but I wrote "or two" If I am right the we only considered India a serious challenge to the aussies only during the past year, Before that we only managed to challenge aussies in the test. Well let us see what India have achieved in the past year rather than 6 months, which is a pretty short period. Aus V/s India in ODIs IndiaAusODILastyear.jpg The stats are 4-3 in favor of Aus with 2 n/rs Aus V/s India in Tests IndiaAusTestLastyear.jpg The stats are 2-1 in favor of Aus with one darw, and every one knew it was more close than what the stats suggests. Aus V/s India in T20s IndiaAusT20Lastyear.jpg The stats are 2-1 in favor of India. In the same time period how has SL faired against Aus? A 2-0 whitewash in tests. A 3-0 whitewash in ODIs. 1-0 in T20s Yet Mahela is fine with the nonsesnse, he claimed. but shewag and Indian Team are cocky for what they claimed! :hysterical::hysterical:
If Indian series also ended after 2 test matches it would have been 2-0 white wash , if not for rudi's blunder which ended sangakara's 194 that match would have been close too and they were chasing 500 , when India were chasing round about in first test and were bowled out for 161. That statement was given by Sewhag before the match against Aussies.so it is technically 4-2 in favor of Aussies, with one win in eight years , why are you mixing T-20 it is not odis throw that out of window, we are taking about ODIs only not tests or T-20. This is what Mahela said "Also evident was the fact that Australia – despite all the talk about their having become more beatable in recent times – is still playing great cricket." which is very different from Aussie running scared ,

One win and we make the team a hero , one loss and start the cries bring back ganguly , dump the youngsters.. I think Dhoni didn;t plan well for a 29 over game.. he should have played 5 bowlers instead he was 1 bowler short Utapha and Pathan did not even get to bat.. Show some bad planning and going about our batting.. We were almost 30-40 short of what we should have scored. Pravin Kumar should have had a game in place of Utappha or Yuvi..

If Indian series also ended after 2 test matches it would have been 2-0 white wash , if not for rudi's blunder which ended sangakara's 194 that match would have been close too and they were chasing 500 , when India were chasing round about in first test and were bowled out for 161.
Ifs and buts! are going to take u no where. If only Benson & Bucknor hadn't made those countless no of errors in the second test match India would be have been level. Everyone, Almost everyone is okay with single odd umpiring blunder. If one bad decision can beat a team, it goes to show the what the team is capable of.
That statement was given by Sewhag before the match against Aussies.so it is technically 4-2 in favor of Aussies, with one win in eight years , why are you mixing T-20 it is not odis throw that out of window, we are taking about ODIs only not tests or T-20.
Sehwag never said we are only team who can beat them in ODI's in Australia. He made a general statement that Aussies are scared, because India has potential to beat Aus in Aus. And he backed it up. This is what he said:
“They know India is the only team that can beat them, so we are preparing hard for that and hopefully we’ll do well,” he said. “We’ve prepared ourselves for tomorrow’s big game and if we beat Australia then maybe we’re through to the finals. “Nobody else beat them here, so that’s why maybe they are scared and a little worried about the Indian team. “This (India) team has the potential to beat Australia in Australia, so it’s a big game for us, Australia tomorrow,” Sehwag claimed.
Since Sehwag has made general statements of India being the only team, that has potential to beat them in Aus, why should we only consider ODI's? Where did he say India is the only team that has bet Aus in ODI's in Aus? he only said this team has the potential! do you know what that word means?
This is what Mahela said "Also evident was the fact that Australia – despite all the talk about their having become more beatable in recent times – is still playing great cricket."
NO, this is only part of the story. He also said this:
"Australia are not dominating world cricket at the moment & The rest of the world is catching up to them, especially in one-day cricket"
Can you/Mahela Justify this statements? Can Mahela's team given their poor run against Aussies make such a masked word like "rest of the world" when it is surely not the case?
which is very different from Aussie running scared
So what he backed it up?
Ifs and buts! are going to take u no where. If only Benson & Bucknor hadn't made those countless no of errors in the second test match India would be have been level. Everyone, Almost everyone is okay with single odd umpiring blunder. If one bad decision can beat a team, it goes to show the what the team is capable of. Sehwag never said we are only team who can beat them in ODI's in Australia. He made a general statement that Aussies are scared, because India has potential to beat Aus in Aus. And he backed it up. This is what he said: Since Sehwag has made general statements of India being the only team, that has potential to beat them in Aus, why should we only consider ODI's? Where did he say India is the only team that has bet Aus in ODI's in Aus? he only said this team has the potential! do you know what that word means? NO, this is only part of the story. He also said this: Can you/Mahela Justify this statements? Can Mahela's team given their poor run against Aussies make such a masked word like "rest of the world" when it is surely not the case? So what he backed it up?
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/content/story/336130.html look at this link which clearly states Before the match Virender Sehwag said Australia were "scared and a little worried" that India can beat them at home, but Clark said the comments were far from true. what is that called.